So it's results day for A-Level students, I go in, get out...

So it's results day for A-Level students, I go in, get out, only to find out that I've flunked basically all my AS's (pic related). Dad has a go at me, tells me that I'm a waste of an existance.

Is there hope for me, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

kpmgcareers.co.uk/graduates/how-to-apply/our-requirements
aldirecruitment.co.uk/graduate
www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/careers/articles/academic-requirements.html
youtube.com/watch?v=cTRK2yz_nwg&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Short answer, nope
Long answer, still nope

Better learn to weld.

Get an hvac license or something

D's get degrees nigga. quit being a little bitch

There is hope, you are good at mechanics.

No not really. D's? Really? I bet you thought it was really cool to play video games, sleep in class and all around "stick it to the instutition!"

Maybe in your next life you'll realize that school is actually fucking important and stop trying to be a "cool kid"

you are retarded

Hey user, I'm sure you'll get pretty used to hearing the phrase " big mac meal large please" fairly soon.

Or, unless you are grotesquely overnight or spotty given you are 18, you could sell your body for cash, even if you are male.

How bitch?

drop out and go to trade school nibba.
make 150 an hour welding shit or whatever you want to do

Retake the tests next year. Stop being a dumb cunt.

Get your CSCS card and get a job on a building site. No maths needed for that.

If you are wanting to go to uni and these grades fucked you then do an access course.
9 months and you get a levels, pretty easy too.

i got 2 Us and im not even a retard

Kill your dad for insulting you.

More students that are solid C's and D's get a degree than A's. they want your money in the end they don't care if you pass or fail.
For the record C's and D's make degrees

I achieved highly when it came to academia, probably because my parents are Asian.
Maths isn't everything bucko.

Experience > qualifications. I fucked up my GCSE's so bad they wouldn't let me do A levels. Every sysadmin job I've had over the last 8 years I have gotten over some fresh out of uni kid with all the qualifications, because whilst he knows the theory, I've actually done it.

Down side is you might have to spend a couple years doing monkey work for shit pay.

You could still even go to uni if you really want, it just probably won't be your first choice that accepts you.

There is definitely hope. School and grades stop meaning anything after your first few years of actually working.

i completely fucked my A2s (Us) and i got into uni in through clearing - there are degrees where you do a 1 year foundation course and then the 3 year degree

this is literally a thing D students tell themselves. Its not actually true. "they want your money" is not at all true unless you are going to a scam for profit school. The school would rather fail you than give you a degree which goes out to a moron and tarnishes the reputation of the degree, lowering the value of all the other degrees they give out

Have him have an enema and give the D to him a second time.

Maybe he'll like it better then.

Wow, that's pretty shitty, user

This, and I am in the exact same position, except I have B E D. However, cause of the piss poor uni turn out from brexit, uni still gave me a place.

In scale of 10 how nigger you feel?

i got a C D E in my final alevels and im doing a masters in maths
>you'll be fine OP

I got 2 d and 1 c. Did chemistry bsc. Now I'm a scientist. You'll live. Retake them next year

True.

Also true.

There are literally no weapons in the house, also I'm fraile and white.

That may be true, but it's landing the first few jobs that has me worried. If I have fuck all experience and grades, what do?

Please stop. You're turning me on.

Bad luck getting OCR :/ I did an AS level in OCR physics and got a D. I then took AS and A2 physics both in one year under AQA and got an A*.

Get off this site you underage retard

In 10/15 years you'll realise you had to be a full retard not to ace your a levels. You'll also realise your whole life is cancer and hopefully kill yourself

K.

If they are just AS's then you can just resit them idiot

Came out of A2 with CDE. Currently doing a Masters degree in psychology and averaging a first. College is just a stepping stone like GCSE was and then no cunt cares what you got when you get to uni.

you'll be fine

Why pick hard stuff if you're gonna flunk, pick the easy shit like religion or sociology instead of doing 3 hard A levels do the bare minimum. My results ABB so am off to be a glorified shop keeper (Pharmacist).

I was the same.
Go to college for a year and do the gcse courses they have.
I did and got gnvq levels 1&2 which is the same as 4 or 5 c grades if what ive been told is true.

Good luck getting a job with a Psychology degree, employment rate in field of work is less than 50%.

Do you know what photoshop is op?

Dw about it too much. Once you sit c3 and c4 the first two will be a breeze when you resit

Welder reporting in.
>comfy union job
>25/hr
>do nothing most days
>on the job site
>still getting paid to browse Sup Forums in my company car on my company phone.

Personally I prefer GIMP, but Paint 3D is life.

Quit bitching you did better than me, I failed maths and physics.

Better start shovelling-
Become a labourer or some shit

nerd reporting in

Like ability can be measured with a standardized test. Don't need algebra to swing a spanner or weld a chassis my friend

Succ a fat one.

you can still apply for something at a shitty uni like Bangor.

>swing a spanner
why would you do that?
>algebra not required in welding
Maybe for shade tree workers.

Or Anglia Ruskin

How does your asshole feel?

Not a big deal

For being bad at maths? Are you a spaz?

The days of old school tards who eyeball shit is gone.

Sociolgy is just sjw 101

Pretty sore, my shits have been particularly hard this past week and it's like my ass is on it's period with the amount I'm bleeding.

I'd put up with that shit for a year just get good grades, just write about what they want you to even if its bullshit.

Isn't technically an "F" a failure? You still have a chance nigger. Stop fucking around, study, and get those grades up.

Unless you are really are an idiot. You should know by now if you are.

I had a 1.7 GPA in high school. I own 3 successful businesses now, have a 4 bedroom house in a white neighborhood, and a rental house as well. 2 new cars. I'm 26.

If you're not smart or lazy, just outwork everyone else.

>existance

l2spell fucking thicko

D is 4th level (or is it 5th now -it's been a while since I went to school) down. D doesn't mean Distinction (2nd highest), like it does in some places (Australia for example)

You didn't outwork everyone else, you out thought everyone else. Stop assuming everyone is as smart as you. They are not.

You thought up, started, and were successful with three businesses. That's not work, that's smarts.

Maybe. I was a fucking failure in school all the same.

I was around a 2.4 myself.

Now I am retired at 30.

Retake motherfucker, if you really want to do it. Otherwise find something else. Don't waste time , you have to keep moving forward (with a plan).

Genuine question, were you planning on going to Uni?

God bless. What did you do?

Some of the smartest people in the world flunked out of high school. Knowledge is power, school is made to dumb down the masses into hating higher forms of learning. Do what I did and barely make it through, get a 2 year degree or a certification and live comfortably for the rest of your life. I work as an optician and I make 22.50/hour, have my own place and buy as much Vidya as I want. Sure I'll die alone, but it's comfortable and easy.

Quit being a degenerate faggot and actually apply yourself.

Very complicated insurance vehicles.

Focus on what your good at and start your own business... I was a C and D student in many classes and had to take summer school for science and math... Now I own 4 companies and make over 200,000 a year... Don't let grades get you down (now college grades that's a whole different playing field)

Are you black?
Mathematics D

Not in the UK it isent, most high level employers here wont care what degree grade you have if you dont meet the alevel requirements, its stupid but its how it is over here.

heeeeeyyyyy.... u wanna help me through college?

The sort of math you're expected to know from primary through high school is not that difficult. Granted, it builds on itself, so if you don't pay attention it will of course be overwhelming, but it isn't that bad if you apply yourself. The reason a lot of our kids suck at math now is because our new (((culture))) promotes degeneracy and condemns intellext. This coupled with the destruction of the family unit and it is no wonder many children suck at math today.

It's not that easy anymore

Sure.

Study
Go to class
Read the material
Do your homework

You're welcome.

You fucking spastic, Why would you take a subject that your this shit in?

I flunked my A levels. All d's. Went to a shit-tier uni. Recieved a First. Went to a mid-tier uni for a Master's, recieved a Distinction. I'm now doing a PhD at King's College while shitposting on Sup Forums. Good times.

Chin up faggot.

Don't know if Op is still here but il throw in my 2pence if he's is

You don't have to believe me because its Sup Forums but Im a lecturer at a UK uni so I know the job/uni system.

With those grades you could get into a shitty uni no problem because they will be very happy to take your money, but you shouldn't. If you go to uni I assume your doing so because you want a graduate level job, but if you take a moment to look at graduate recruitment sites you'll quite quickly see that they ask for a minimum UCAS points requirement, which I'm sorry but you simply will not meet.

My advice to you would be to start over and retake your AS levels now because if you dont and you do go onto uni they will hold you back forever. If not go and get a engineering apprenticeship somewhere, as they are actually very well paid after you finish training and you dont come out with 27,000k of debt. Other than that you can either start your own businesses or learn to enjoy start stacking shelves.

I wouldn't recommend the latter.

My dad actually missed out on a job because of a maths GCSE (he got a C) despite an A at A level and a First Class Degree from a good University in a directly relevant field.

Hard stuff? He got a D in Core 1 Maths! CORE FUCKING ONE REEEEE

As's don't mean shut as long as you can blagg continuing to A levels

Depends.
If you put a lot of effort in, then probably not, but I wouldn't feel bad about it, there's better non-academic routes to take.
If you didn't put a lot of effort in, then just do some work.
It's important to fail to learn, so try and get the failure out of the way before it starts to matter.

This is bullshit. No employer gives a tuppence about your A-levels or anything prior. Go to uni, work hard, get a good grade. Do a sandwich course, or get experience while at uni. Work part-time. Do extra activities. Fill up your CV.

No employer will ignore the above and say "but your A level grades/GCSE's were poor". Nobody gives a fuck except pedants and overly stressed undergraduates. Show an employer you are willing to work hard. End of fucking story.

You don't need to go to university to get a good job. Think about what you're good at and turn it into a career. I got a few good GCSEs, went to college and dropped out. I like playing around on computers so I did tech support for an ISP, learn a lot and moved to another ISP who paid for my MS exams, got a few years experience there and moved to tech support for KnowHow, earnt a lot of money on monthly bonuses. Then I moved to a law firm to assist the manager, I worked hard and when he left they promoted me. Now I'm the IT Manager for 6 law firms, really good salary, lots of benefits, have people working for me.

All my friends went to uni, they either stack shelves or work in a warehouse, plus they have huge student loans.

>Recognising Achievement
>results day for A-Level students
>flunked all my AS's
>existance

You sad limey faggot. You live in an alternate reality where all this shit seems right and important to you, but it's not. Move to London and get a heroin addiction.

Not op but this post is utter bullshit. Just googled for you top uk graduate employers, and took a sample, every one has a minimum UCAS requirement. Most HR systems will remove you from the employment process by algorithm based on those results. Not sure what this guys problem is. Probably has crap Alevels

Heres my evidence:
kpmgcareers.co.uk/graduates/how-to-apply/our-requirements
aldirecruitment.co.uk/graduate
www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/careers/articles/academic-requirements.html

How the fuck did you get a B in Mechanics 1 yet fail Core 1?

I too am curious how you achieved this

There's hope, mate. Fuck A-Levels, get a trade, and get GOOD at it. Work hard, get clever, do all the extra training you can; don't just stay a plumber, become an industrial-chemical plumber working in Dubai for £250/hr. Don't become a painter, become a highly-regarded set-painter for Broadway. Do something brilliant, and enjoy your life. A-Levels are cool, but they ain't the be-all and end-all.

Lol GSCE's are a joke these days. Try harder faggot

Almost certainly underage/b/&

I flunked my A-Levels and it really didn't matter. Get a job, take any training options they give you, and you'll quickly end up just as qualified as your peers. A-Levels are basically just a means to get a degree, and if you're hoping to get a degree without knowing why or what you intend to do after there are pretty much pointless.

tl;dr-You're underage, and you'll probably be fine

lmfao how did you flunk A/S maths fuckin ell kek

This, pretty much.

I flunked my A-Levels. B in ICT, C in General Studies, D in Maths, E in Physics. I scraped getting into uni by the skin of my teeth, passed a maths degree, passed a PCGE, and I'm not a secondary school maths teacher.

this, i didnt even go to college, got a managers job in a factory, did open uni got a degree, then did a masters in chosen field..all without ever doing one fucking GCSE.. kinda shows that unless you an inbred retardo you dont need school to get a degree.

You are retarded.

>You don't have to believe me because its Sup Forums but Im a lecturer at a UK uni so I know the job/uni system.

I have a 2.2 in Maths from 2011 from a redbrick uni.

I'm working at a supermarket. Have you got any advice that will prevent me killing myself and find a decent career?

Redo core 1 its the easiest module or core 2 if you have weak mental maths, c3, c4 are so much harder come next year you can ace at least one and bunk your grade up.

Yeah, but only if you stop living the way your dad wants you to, and figure out what you really want.

So many bustas ITT
youtube.com/watch?v=cTRK2yz_nwg&feature=youtu.be