Why does everyone on this board have such a similar taste...

Why does everyone on this board have such a similar taste? What's the point of even having a music board if you're not able to express different opinions and interests? Also pic related I guess.

makes it all that more special when someone posts something avant-garde relative to the board's interests

>Relevant to this boards interest
This is the problem. Why is it such a hive mind? Shouldn't the boards interest be music in general instead of specific artists and albums?

Snowball effect. Once a board's general taste is defined, it attracts people with similar tastes and repels everyone else. Sometimes I'll try making threads about blues or pre-1965 rock or something else the majority of Sup Forums doesn't care about, but it'll die within a dozen posts so it feels pointless.

false. you will always find someone on Sup Forums that hates something. I have never once seen anything on this board that has strictly received praise, that includes the "Sup Forums essentials".

Keep going user.

>shouldnt the boards interest be
no.

I'm not talking about contrarians or morons who'll call something shit without giving reasons.

Not OP, but he has a point. Certain albums are stereotyped as Sup Forumscore for a reason. Lots of meme opinions like thinking Blonde on Blonde is better than Highway 61 Revisited.

Shouldn't the boards interest be in music in general and not very specific albums or artists? Nice job with your selective reading and dismissiveness. I guess that's a problem running through this board and Sup Forums in general, though.

it doesn't have to be morons that don't give reasons. there are so many different tastes on this site its impossible for everyone to agree on anything.

maybe widely popular but not at hive mind level

I'm not saying everyone has to agree, I'm saying more diversity would be nice to see. It seems like everyone on here is focussed on fitting in instead of pursuing their own interests in music. I get broadening your taste, but the brilliance of this art form is that it's so vast. Seeing the majority of people discussing the same kind of thing is honestly kind of disheartening.

All of you are missing the point (as everyone seems to in these sorts of threads)

People generally start browsing this board when they're teenagers and have pretty undeveloped music taste. They see a lot of people talking about Sup Forumscore and they try it out. Since the Sup Forums core albums are pretty much all good and relatively accessible, said newbie gets into them, and then gets even more into them when they see everyone else talking about them and join in the discussion. Eventually as they listen to more music and find stuff they really care about, their taste starts to diversify, but they still probably hold Sup Forumscore close to their heart as it helped them get into music. Or they never really liked music much in the first place and so they just stay on those few albums that they, and everyone else, like because they're good and talked about a lot. I agree that people broadening their taste would be nice, but you can't ask people to find different things to like when probably to a lot of them radiohead is still fresh and exciting. As much as I'm sure we'd all love for Sup Forums to be a place full of people far along their musical journey, it's also a place for people to start said journey, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

>Shouldn't the
no.

Thanks for the explanation user. It's nice to see someone willing to accept that Sup Forums isn't necessarily some sacred place that only belongs to true patricians. What you've said makes a lot of sense with some of it falling in line with some suspicions I've had.
Admittedly I don't have the most broad taste, but I was just curious to see where this (partially) elitist mindset had spawned from where certain bands and artists are acceptable, but other's aren't. Thanks again for clearing some things up.

I'd say about half of the people here are more interested in trolling or waifu posting then music. They don't know anything about blues so they just avoid it.

I think desire is his best tbqh

No problem, aside from the toxicity this place can be pretty great as is

>the toxicity
no meaning to this statement, the only thing thats toxic is that people form their perspective from what they read on the internet and treat this like it affects their daily lives you cant put any blame on an imageboard people voluntarily come to

I mean this is an anonymous message board people are gonna be more edgy/mean on here than they would in their normal lives just by the nature of the thing

op is just mad that no one likes trout mask replica

Had to Google it.

we have already figured out what the best albums are. your shit opinions are shit. you think you are smarter than a hivemind of anonymous autists with nothing to gain by coming here and making charts. youre just some newfag who found this board two weeks ago. dont try to hijack our board with your shitty taste until youve listened to our can and king crimson albums and convince yourself that you like them.

??????????

i'd give this thread a solid 6

no one even talks about can on here anymore

...And?

because they are cunts. i just take asian threads and other ones

And it can be toxic, which is unfortunate

Thanks Fantano.

My plans have been ruined again! I'll be back...

>And it can be toxic, which is unfortunate
...And? I'm sorry but these words are empty and hallow

This.

Also once you've been here a while almost every album posted here is familiar whether you've actually listened to it or not. So everything is entry level garb.

I've been using this thread for a few months and everything album thread is familiar. That's how predictable it is.

what do you want, a dissertation on why people saying mean shit is bad?
also hollow*

>"the toxicity"
>"it can be toxic"
what do you mean by toxic? all you've said is that faggots are edgy on imageboards and that that can be "toxic", whatever that memeword is supposed to mean