How do you feel about spending your life in fron of a computer or other screen?

how do you feel about spending your life in fron of a computer or other screen?

Indifferent.

why

Why shouldn't I? Do you think I should be worried or feel bad about myself? Or do you think sitting in front of a pc for all eternity is better than other things?

I am interested in what you think.
I myself started to worry about my generation who grew up in front of screens

feels pretty good

I mean if you think about it we're the healthiest, smartest last couple of generations, and I'm not just trying to make this a "my generation is better than yours" thing

i hate it
>but i hate everything else anyway
modern day society isnt good for humans
>i literally just /happening/fag all day, only time im happy

>healthiest, smartest last couple of generations

great, as long as boss doesn't notice what I'm actually doing

also a very depressed one. mental health issues. opioid addiction.

I'll be honest with you OP, I don't have a smartphone, and I'm fucking annoyed the heck out by parents who buy the most modern smartphones for their toddlers and then first of all bitch about the kid destroying it, then bitch about the kid getting passive and introverted, then bitch about the kid getting into "dangerous" parts of the internet because at 5 yrs you're obviously not educated on how to protect your data and yourself on the internet.
Am germanfag and our government is trying to ban INSULTING on the internet because of no-brainers like those.They legit think they can just censor the entire internet and they justify it with "the internet is like an open street and I am not allowed to drive other people into suicide there either, so insulting should also be prophibited in the world wide web".

I've never disagreed with cancellor mom and I'm all about letting sandniggers fuck our women and steal our gold, but this is the most retarded bullshit ever. The people this is going to affect most are not even the ones bitching about it, those people dont even know how to google properly.

But what I meant by "indifferent" is, that spending your entirity infront of a screen is not less valuable than going around the world with an open mind and appreciating nature and hippy wank like that, if, no edge intended, in the end there is no good or bad and all accomplishment is an illusion then it should be my choice what I fucking do with my mortality, sure, I miss out on some great experiences, but so does someone who spents less to zero time on the internet.

I hope you were open to a load of words and you're not going tl;dr on me.

Bretty gud, I get paid for it.

and, enough time and energy to enjoy the money?
germanfag too. ok I dont agree totally with you about the doing stuff in the world part. but your life is yours ofc. and I didnt know about that censorship issue

where else should i spend it? do people even really use computers anymore or is it mostly just phones?

look it up, if I remember correctly it's pretty recent

>enough time and energy to enjoy the money?
Yes, it pays for my hobbies which I keep myself busy with bc I can't get a gf to save my life.

Pretty good, can't really think what would be more rewarding than doing my job well and having fun the way I like.

its better than actual human contact. most people are stupid dogs only two steps away from eating their own feces. so trying to have an intellectual honest conversation about ANYTHING is virtually impossible, provided you work or live among academics.

Lots of retards on the internet, but also lots of smart fuckers. And for them, I am thankful.

>there's smart people on the internet
show me one

we'll get one in the thread at some point. just hold on tight.

it's not bad but at the same time it's not good either

This
Because the world has changed a lot from when I was young and Quake3 was my life for a while. However, I managed to still have a social outside my "online" occupations. However today, everybody in society lives behind a screen, Cellphones, Television, Tablets, Smartphones, Laptops, ...
They are all delusional and prefer living in the "virtual world" rather than forming relationships with other people.

I spend a lot of time in front of a PC, most of my time probably.

I feel accomplished in my job, I make sure any spare time I have at work I am focused on learning what I can to improve my skills around my job.

When i'm home I usually drink and browse the web and feel pretty remorseful that I cant channel that enthusiasm I have at work into something at home, but I guess I am just burnt out.

pretty good

>smart people on the internet
>on Sup Forums
>on Sup Forums
If you're thinking about anons spurting shit like " I have an IQ of at least 150, I feel most people around me are degenerates" or "if you really are intelligent how about solving THIS math problem???" I'm out.

>this
especially brainsucc like facebook, people just updating their social media every five minutes and thinking they're socially active
those people are the broad masses which neither know the internet nor the real world and just endlessly consume and I feel bad for everyone around them

>Quake3 was my life for a while

that's not a humble brag is it?

>They are all delusional and prefer living in the "virtual world" rather than forming relationships with other people.

have you ever talked to the average human being?

they are dumb as fuck, and not worthy of "social interactions" with.

Social media has become their actual life for most Teenagers and Adults sadly
I just liked the challenge from it always trying to improve my hand eye coordination
I always try to be nice but i know what you mean. Sometimes, no most of the times it's just very frustrating trying to have a simple conversation about anything when they won't listen to reason and are just plain ignorant

not him, but most of my conversations with people are smalltalk and it seems like most only talk about what's new on hulu/netflix, sports, or other pop-culture stuff that just isn't very interesting. not a dig on them, it's just not fun chatting about stuff like that.

umm not great

the people in my immediate circle (work, family) only give a fuck about barbeques, what they are going to buy on the weekend, and which fucking holiday they are going to celebrate next.

also, facebook.

>fuck.

bbq is pretty good.

that aside, it's not easy to build social circles IRL, especially in sparse areas.

I think you guys are just with the wrong crowd, no offense or dumbassery but I know which people you're talking about, and I know other people, there's people which you can have really deep conversations with, there's people which understand the concept that there's not just black and white, people who think about socially established opinions in a very differenciated way and I know for a fact that there's people who simply don't give a fuck about social media, series or sports and have weird and unique hobbies and shit.
I'm not saying you're making a mistake by not being open enough to other people or some hakuna matata bullshit, I'm saying you're in bad luck and maybe oneday you'll meet someone who's more on your level, just look in other places than work and the local busstop.

yeah bbq 4 life
whether or not "it's easy to build social circles IRL" I can't tell, I think that depends on multiple factors like what kind of person you are, what hobbies you have etc.

it kinda sucks. I'm old so I remember when there were no smart phones or internet & people actually got together to communicate. much better times.

I still do that with my friends, it's not dead it's just rare.

>I'm saying you're in bad luck and maybe oneday you'll meet someone who's more on your level

given how much stupid people outnumber the smart ones, its a number's game, and a very bad one at that.

seriously, i've given up on people. best to just have short social interactions with them and leave them to their superficial concerns.

>there's people which you can have really deep conversations with

i'm not necessarily interested in deep conversation. just conversation with some substance.

>have weird and unique hobbies and shit.

unless they're also my hobbies it's still just as boring.

maybe i just don't find people very interesting.

I said can, not have, I'm not talking lunatics here.
>unless they're also my hobbies
that's the thing
but even if not what I'm basically saying is that there's people differenciating from the mainstream that are not hipsters

>maybe I just don't find people very interesting
yeah that's also a possiblity, social interest never was mandatory, it's just usual and common

How do you feel spenging your life praying for a non-existing god?

just different I guess. no internet when I was in high school so to see a chick's tits you actually had to be with her.... & getting together with friends/bitches away from the parents house was the goal

I don't

>given how much stupid people outnumber the smart ones,

very cringy tbh. this is why i don't like going to video game/anime/LGS-type places or clubs, because they're full of people with no self-awareness and somehow even less social grace than myself.

>just conversation with some substance.

this. let me give you a very simple example.

"Friend" of mine saw Rogue One. (He's a HUGE harry potter fan). He complained that Star Wars was ripping off The Iron Giant, because --to him-- K2 looked identical to K2.

Given the level of emotional investment he had in the topic, I simply humored him (to avoid conflict) and said that it did, but then i followed it by saying that nothing is really original anymore, and if you have such a strict interpretation of the materials used in movies, even Harry Potter rips off previous films.

Needless to say, he got very angry, and went on a rant about how original every Harry Potter plot device was.

Anyways, my interests are in the details. Most people only care about whats on the surface. What "feels" good.

kinda wish this was the matrix but its fine

>K2 looked identical to K2.

sorry, meant to say K2 looked identical to The Iron Giant.

>Feels good man

I work and game at my PC about 15 hrs a day, and have been doing so for about 13 years.

I'm healthy, happy, married, and will retire before I'm 40 (possibly by 35).

Nothing wrong with spending your life in front of a computer if you can balance the other stuff too.