/phg/ - Post-Hardcore General

Metalcore is not Post-Hardcore edition

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/user/androol_/playlist/4PtADOYIdwMNIm12bqpaNg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Played some S&W this week. One of my favorites from HS. Wish they'd stuck around longer.

Never listened to them before, I'll check them out.

I'm listening to Stolas for my first time right now and although I wouldn't call it post-hardcore I see where they're coming from.

Are you listening to their Self-Titled, or Allomaternal?

open.spotify.com/user/androol_/playlist/4PtADOYIdwMNIm12bqpaNg

The self-titled new one. So far the vocal melodies are my biggest problem. Right now I'm deciding between 2/5 and 3/5

I listened to this album yesterday; I think they're still a solid band but the change in vocalists is definitely a bummer for me. Lost Isles is one of my favorite albums of all time.

You have to listen to Allomaternal, it's there best album, and it has more of a post-hardcore vibe. Their unclean vocalist left the band for their Self Titled

their*
holy shit, i keep making minor spelling mistakes and it makes me want to neck myself

Ah interesting thanks

That's how I read it anyways.

bump

I think I'm gonna go 3/5 on the new Stolas. They brought it hard on Catalyst

I wouldn't say it's as disappointing as DIVISI, but it's still a bit of a letdown
Also, why the hell is DIVISI rated ~8.5/10? I thought it was the most disappointing album of the year.

Wait what's divisi?

the newest A Lot Like Birds album.

>why the hell is DIVISI rated ~8.5/10?
I dunno but it got slammed pretty hard on rym with a 5.5/10

another bump

Hikari is a god damn masterpiece.

whats the difference between posthardcore and metalcore

post hardcore is more KVLT and it isnt embarrassing to listen to

it's mathcore a child genre of post hardcore (math rock + post hardcore) or a child genre of metalcore (math rock + metalcore)?

bumpin

Wildlife is fucking amazing, holy shit. This is easily one of the best Post-Hardcore records I've ever heard.

holy shit
my thread survived the night

it's more of a combination of metalcore and mathrock.