So do we all agree these are the gold standard in original TV entertainment right now...

So do we all agree these are the gold standard in original TV entertainment right now? FX and AMC were right there with them for a brief time, but HBO and Netflix are just in a class of their own now.

yes
but netflix still has quite a bit to go to reach hbo-tier quality yet, nothing theyve made so far can stack up with the best of hbo

Narcos son

Pretty much. AMC was doing really well but fuck if they haven't dropped the ball recently. None of them are amazing though. It's just that Netflix and HBO both have a few really good shows with really middling shit inbetween where the others are struggling to just get one good one.

I need examples of each

>None of them are amazing though. It's just that Netflix and HBO both have a few really good shows
HBO:
carnivale
sopranos
six feet under
Oz
true detective
the night of
and many others that I haven't seen but have heard great things about. more than a few.

>Amazon's original pilots
Yuck. Is there worse acting and direction anywhere else on tv right now?

The leftovers nigga

if you just Compare just the last 5 years
HBO:
>GoT
>True Detective
>Boardwalk Empire
>Veep
>Silicon Valley
>The Newsroom

Netflix:
>Narcos
>House of Cards
>Bloodline
>Stranger Things
>Marco Polo
>Orange is the New Black

If you go back further, HBO has an even better resume.

>not liking mad dogs
That show was great. I wish they renewed it. And Cocked.

GOT > every Netflix Original

>they don't know what canal+ is
i pitty you new worlders

I mean currently airing. If we're including everything they've ever aired then AMC is still up there.

House of Cards and Narcos can stand up to GoT. If you bring 6ft under, Sopranos, and The Wire in to the conversation though, Netflix can't compete.

No where near hbo, who have had qualify shit since the early 90s. Name one good thing amc did before mad men

House of Cards maybe. Narcos no

>GoT
>True Detective
>Boardwalk Empire
>The Newsroom
>House of Cards
>Marco Polo
>Orange is the New Black
all have gone/went to shit in later seasons.

netflix is overrated as fuck. half of their originals are bad and the good ones get their dick sucked because everyone watches them because everyone has netflix

AMC peaked with Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels, and early Walking Dead. Their only current watchable content (And I use that term lightly) is Better Call Saul, which doesn't even touch HBO and Netflix's recent stuff.

steaming pile of shit

its decent, but its nowhere near top-tier hbo shows, and i guess you could say narcos is the top-tier of netflix atm

>doesn't mention mad men, by FAR amc's best show.
PLEB ALERT

Show me a netflix show as good as

Fargo
The Americans
Justified
The Shield
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Sons of Anarchy
Louie

Fight me irl m8. The leftovers is way better than stranger things.

HBO = mad men >>> FX>>>the rest of AMC >>>>>> netflix

GoT and HoC are still decent despite admittedly recent decline.

I agree with everything else though.

TWD and Preacher shit all over GoT and Girls or whatever gay shows HOMO airs.

Fuck, I knew I was forgetting something. I can't believe I forgot Mad Men.

stranger things
narcos
bloodlines
i also enjoyed making a murderer and some of the docs they funded

most accurate post itt t b h

>Fargo
Good
>The Americans
Unfortunately haven't had a chance to watch it yet, though I want too
>Justified
It's over, and last 2 seasons were bad
>The Shield
Shit
>It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Still Good, even if past it's prime
>Sons of Anarchy
Ended ages ago, and wasn't even that great desu
>Louie
Recent seasons are shit

FX is still among the best channels on cable, but Netflix and HBO are still better.

everything except Sons. Legion could be great. Atlanta is starting off strong.

>stranger things
80's nostalgia pandering shit.

>narcos
decent

>bloodlines
Turns to shit in season 2

>documentaries
Doesn't count.

Try again.

the shield is mostly good, it's definitely not shit. you didnt even name shows as good as those anyway. go look at a list of all netflix originals, it's not impressive

Netflix is great at making pilot seasons, but every show besides House of Cards and Orange is The New Black has never been watchable after the first season.

Netflix's only real merit is they throw so much shit at the wall, 1-2 shows a year turn out to be decent.

Narcos and Kimmy Schmidt seasons 2 were good. Daredevil S2 was alright.

If you're going by hit rate, FX is better than Netflix, but Netflix just releases so many originals every year that their total hours of worthwhile content has outpaced FX's.

T B H though, I actually think FX deserves to be in the same discussion as HBO and Netflix. AMC's run is over though.

netflix shows are shit though.

FX makes more good cartoons than Adult Swim. Good shit to drunkenly stumble into.

Cable had an unbelievably short period of dominance. The major Networks were still the most reliable sources of good original series up until around 2008, and streaming services took the crown in the mid 2010s.

FX is honestly the only cable channel left that I really even care about outsides of sports stuff.

>FX is honestly the only cable channel left that I really even care about outsides of sports stuff.

Same here. I might have one of the big three news channels on in the background and sometimes I'll watch Travel channel because again it's nice comfy background shit to watch occasionally but I don't watch much cable anymore.

it's time for a new netflix hate thread.

>Hating greatness

Said like somebody who's achieved very little in life, and lives vicariously through tearing down things that are (deservedly) popular.

you don't belong here, you should fuck off with your trashy TV shows.

HBO hasn't produced a quality show in a decade and you all fucking know it. At best they have one good season like True Detective and then goes to shit.

TDS2 is better than anything Netflix has done

netflix gained fan boys by offering stuff they never made and now they make trend riding garbage with the customer data they can gather.

there is not one single inspirational show runner on netflix. everything is just a bland 'netflix original' . tv writing is dead.

narcos is pablo escobar's wikipedia page in script format.

complete shit

Where did I mention netflix? It'll take at least a few years to see if anything there pans out.

What qualifies as good these days to people is embarrassing. And you faggots make fun of capeshitters.

>What qualifies as good these days to people is embarrassing

No other network will ever be on HBO's level until they can produce something half as good as The Sopranos and The Wire

>i have no counter argument so I'll post a faggy picture a la tumblr

It's true and you know it. All they have to do is spin a redone storyline for one season and you people will stick it on a best list.

Hell on Wheels is terrible, I don't know how it got so many seasons.

I like Netflix, but HBO not so much. They have quality shows but horrible quality on the episodes.
I'd stay subbed to them if only their quality was actually HD and not 1080p with 1Mb bitrate.

It's ridiculous, then again I have HBO Nordic, so the issue might lie there.

How high are your standards holy shit?

Netflix
Hulu
The one Criterion just moved to
HBO Go

Add You're the Worst and Atlanta to the list