Hey Sup Forums last thread died so how about this when was the last time you were happy...

hey Sup Forums last thread died so how about this when was the last time you were happy? also i guess general feels thread

I'm not even sure when I was happy last. I think sometime around freshman year of HS, but that was like 6 years ago, everything went downhill from there, you?

OP here what happened? and im good went through an insanely hard time im better now recovering

Pretty recently, actually. Just the other day I was working on an old vintage motorcycle trying to breathe some life back into the thing, and I spent days troubleshooting and repairing and doing research on the damn thing.
The feeling of accomplishment when it finally roared to life and thrummed away was like sex.

Parents got divorced and had an abusive brother and father, they always blamed me for shit

They would also just yell/scream at me because of tiny shit, and my brother was always an ass towards me in school

OP here i understand im sorry you went through that as a person who dealt with abuse i know its haard but you can be strong and overcome it i know for a fact

Hey good for you man, I'm glad you have something like that to make you happy

Last Thursday. Got drunk with a bunch of friends I haven't seen in a while and got laid. First time being happy in months.

Thanks man. I have a somewhat better relation with both now. What still really bothers me though is at 17 I was sent home from basic training for being suicidal, and neither of them ever even asked me about it. My Father saw cuts on my arm years ago and never even asked me if something was wrong

Nice, hope it lasts for ya, happiness that is

Thanks buddy :^)
5 years? Thats rough.

At work I am one of the best employees and all of my co workers like me, my boss has even said that I am a great example for the others, but all I can think about is how numb I feel

Last time I felt truly happy... damn it's been a fucking long time. Probably middle school. I'm 19 now.

Same fucking boat man. I recently quit weed and started drinking more and realised that high and happy aren't the same...

Probably when I was in elementary, around first or second grade
before the severe bullying started and my family fell apart

Middle school was great, all my friends lived in same town, I didn't have too much drama. High school was shit, college is a little better than highschool but still shit

Lived in a small town all my life so friends were always close by, but in HS they talked to me less and less. Now that I work and they're in college they never talk to me anymore, but they still hang out all the time

well duh, apathy makes for a solid employee.

Kind of, I work at a ski area/ adventure center, so I'm always dealing with guests. Everything I do is a lie. I come off as overwhelmingly positive and helpful, but the second I get in my car to go home it all goes away

Exactly I see my friends snapchat stories and if I ask why I wasn't invited they just tell me some bs

I've given up on trying to stay in contact with them. Whenever I run into them our interactions feel forced

I know that feel well, user.

I worked salesfloor retail for 2 years, and now am in IT. My old store loved me, and current job is all ticket desk work, so my 'clients' are all pretty familiar with me by now.

I pretty much flip it on/off like a switch, it's so much easier to get through work being friendly, but fuck if I even know why I get out of bed in the morning.

Today was my day off and the only reason I left my bed was to have a cigarette outside

I think I'm gonna go everyone, have to put on the mask tomorrow