I wanna start watching dragonball

I wanna start watching dragonball.
Someone gimme a quick rundown, where do I start?
Someone told me the first series isn't worth watching.

You have to collect all the dragon balls first.

start at the beginning way back in the '80s

Personally I didn't like dragon ball or dragon ball super. I onlg watched dragon ball z, which is a good place to start because the first dragon ball is pretty irrelevant to dragon ball z's storyline.

Dude, watch the first one, you wont understand Dragon ball z if you don't watch dragonball.

Dragon Ball had it's good moments but I like Z better. Fuck Dragon Ball Super

Dragonball and Z are super fucking different, Z took a turn off the face of the earth.

With that said, watch Dragonball first, it has better choreography and humor.

not fucking worth the time sink dude.
plenty of better shows to watch that dont take 8 years to finish watching

Don't watch it you'll turn into a weeaboo like the cringe lords above me

I'm not really a weeb but if I can relate to any particular group of people its that kind of reclusive internet culture.
I thought dragon ball because a lot of people can relate.

Show sucks. Shitty humor, shitty action, shitty weird sexual humor, and it takes 4 episodes for anything to get done.

this
watch moar Rick & Morty

or else

OP, btw.
I have all of Naruto under my belt, watched some One Piece, couldn't really get hooked.
I loved Castlevania on netflix, and currently watching boruto but I can't really binge a current show.
Thats the extent of my anime knowledge.

I already watch Rick and Morty.
But I wouldn't mention it here because its currently edgy to shit on it.

>says dragonball sucks
>watch moar Rick & Morty
wew

I recommend you watch dragonball, it's really fuckin good. After, watch dragonball z kai.

Yup the obligatory Rick & Morty sucks comment

LOL no that's not what I'm saying at all. Watch dragon ball before you watch R&M.
That show is awful and caters to autistic manchildren who think they're intelligent for understanding a minor science joke every no and then.

i didnt say rick and morty sucks, did i?

It was implied.

I think you just compared Rick & Morty to
The Big Bang Theory.
Now we are enemies.

it does take forfukinever to get anywhere, like a full episode for each spiritbomb, full episode for ginyu force poses(gay af)

I gave up somewhere around majin bu and glad I got out then

Wait I thought people only joked about that.
Does it literally take an entire episode to charge up an attack for one of the characters?

Similar enough.
Thanks for the pic tho. Nice.

Yes lol. Fights take a few episodes.

Dragon ball
Dragon ball kai (dragon ball z but better, so I hear)
Dragon ball super
Lots of dragon ball is tuned for a different audience. If you don't like one saga you may like the next.

yes, & b4 every character is about to attack the have to yell,
"AAAaaaaAAAAaaaaAAhhhhhhhhhh!!!"
for about 3.5 minutes.
Then you get to the 'action'.
blurry lines that are supposed to be fists and feet flying at each other, but hardly anyone ever gets hit.

wacth it in japanese starting with the original dragon ball. You will not care about nozawa's voice as adult goku if you start off at the original. you hear kid goku as nozawa then the 23rd tournament comes along and the change is not that big and so you don;t complain and it seems natural
or just read the manga

no

>*they have to yell

Dragon Ball is more playful/whimsical.
Dragon Ball Z/Kai is more serious.
Dragon Ball Super is like Z/Kai with aspects of Dragon Ball's whimsy.

I actually like dbs, and the last few episodes leading up to as well as during the tournament of power had quite a few callbacks to dbz and the original dragonball

Dragonball Super. Then watch Dragonball Abridged on Youtube.

I think Kai somewhat abridges the original DBZ run. There's so many filler content in Z because they were making episodes concurrent with the manga at the time and had to keep pace while waiting for the issues to be released.

Why dont you like super dawg?

dont waste your time on either of those just watch the abridged series instead, youll still get the story and laugh your ass off

>playful/whimsical.
did you not go beyond the first arc? The piccolo arc and red ribbon army arc and tournament arcs have plenty of serious moments. They do also have playfull moments but it does have serious fights like Z does

Just make sure you watch it in Japanese like a true anime and don't listen to those 4kids dub watching cuck faggots. Watch the real shit where you get the curses and see the uncensored scenes

dont be a cuck watch it subbed

>, youll still get the story and laugh your ass off
that is possible in the original dragon ball. and in some parts of Z

>this thread
Dragon Ball is objectively the better show. Better characters, beautiful animation and soundtrack, a lot more playful, less repetitive, interesting storylines. DBZ was good in storytelling but the fights and battles were way too long for each saga. It seems like the filler episodes of DB and DBZ were the best episodes. Havent seen Super.

Atleast its not fucking One Piece. Good god.

I just started the original one and it's so good even though it's old you'll love it you go by episodes so fast

>most people in this thread

I've watched the entire series. Artistically/thematically DB is more fantasy driven than the rest of the series. I never said the show was childish or anything to that extent.

By DBZ, the theme of the show becomes much more 'mature' to represent the maturation of all the rest of the characters in the show.

Please, even through the 22nd budokai a fight couldn't go on without some kind gag taking place.
The denshi jar that Demon King Piccolo was sealed in was an electric rice cooker. Dragon Ball in its entirety was a gag manga and it wasn't until the fight with Ma Junior in the 23rd budokai that the series started to drop the gags.

Skip Dragonball GT.

Dragon ball is great. I would start with the beginning.
It's much more about the adventure, while DBZ is about power levels and how strong someone is.

>rice cooker
and? piccolo daimao has taken over the world and was playing a game to decide what district would be completely annihilated. The scene with drum and tenshinhan is not supposed to be funny. And goku's entrance is definitely not to be seen as "funny". piccolo daimao was seen as unstoppable at that point since he almost killed goku and then managed to wish for youth.
Yes it had gag scenes, but I would say it was not the ma junior stuff in which it was not a gag manga anymore but the piccolo daimao arc. And even still I would say that the red ribbon arc had some serious moments too alongside gags