I'm looking to get a bolt-action rifle. Any recommendations i should look into?

I'm looking to get a bolt-action rifle. Any recommendations i should look into?

R700 nuff said.

Came here to post this

model 700P TWS

Carcano rifle

No, r700s require like a billion fucking upgrades if you want to make them high end. Plus quality control at Remington has been garbage lately.

By the time you're done fucking with you R700 you could just get a mag-fed Ruger or Savage, and the Ruger or Savage will have a warranty, support, and be perfect right out of the box.

1903 Springfield

Yea no. Reminton has the shittiest modern customer service and terrible build quality since freedom group purchased them.

Youll be spending $800+ for the base rifle (.300win 3006 308 6.5 pick your fucking poison)
Then youll need to send it out to a custom shop for a new trigger group, bolt, and maybe even a damn barrel.

Also. R700?
Are you sub 20yo?

Savage makes a 308 10 series with an adjustable lbs trigger.
Good customer service and with the right scope people have been hitting steel just under 1000yrds with a rifle and scope combo of around $1200

Go. To. /k/. faggot.

Holy shit lol.

Hive mind master race

Bought a 30-06 Ruger American for about $450 with a scope, reload my own ammo. Been a good rifle, looking to get the Taurus Judge next.

Intervention

Look up the sw governor

Has one extra round and comes with a factory plate so it can shoot 45acp.

More dosh for the gun but god damn 45 is a ton cheaper to shoot than 45 longcolt

m40a3 made by trickshot only

Looks pretty dope, just need to get the cash beforehand. So many guns I can't get here in commiefornia.

Apart from the extra round and plate, any real difference?

Tikka T3

>pic related
>mine

Not made by dirty brazilians

Says smith and wesson on it

There are 2 reasons

Two reasons enough for me.

What's your purpose for the rifle? Without knowing that its hard to give a suggestion. Also whats your budget? And what state are you in?

Don't do it user. Its not worth it, not yet at least.

Mauser

Pic related, op. Those Russians may be degenerate, but they make some of the best rifles.

Or you could go with the classic mosin. Old as hell, but reliable.

If you want to compensate for something, I'd recommend the m40. We've already touched on how shitty Remington is, but it's a modern military rifle.

Ruger makes some good rifles. Never shot one, but a friend of mine always talks about his.

S&W also is rumored to be good.

I personally own a .30-06. It leaves one hell of a bruise after a long day of shooting. But the bang is worth the buck.

whats your budget

AWP IN THAT SHIT 1 SHOT KILL TO ANYWHERE BUT LEGS ITS A NO BRAINER

I have no budget. I'll spend as much as I need to to have a rifle for a lifetime, and something I can hand my son

Milspec means lowest bidder that passes testing.

A true m40 is around $3k with kit and scope

Mosins are a meme.
Fun yes. Useful not really.
They are heavy, hot firing, innacurate, and the least quality (mass produced beyond levels of human understanding ((used as firewood at one point because too many tier)) out of the wwii rifle circle jerk maybe next to the carcano for shittyness.

Swedes, mausers, and 1903s are the better of the crowd

Family gun?
That would be a weatherby

Again whats the purpose? Hunting? Range queen? Long distance?

My apologies. Looking these up as we go along. Primarily hunting. Something accurate at long distance is a huge bonus

BROWNINGS
BROWNINGSBROWNINGS

[[MAUSER]]

The ruger precision in whatever chamber you see fit is a good way to go. Mine is in 6.5 creedmore and I couldn't be happier with it. Shot up to 850 yards with it but ive seen videos out to 1200+.

Wwii
>fin rifle
>1903
>enfield
>mauser
Modern
>savage
>weatherby
>tikka
God tier range $$ bag
>mcmillan
>surgion
>desert tech
>barrett

What region? It makes a little difference but that will put me on what i think.

mosin rifle. beat the Germans and all you need is one shot because after getting hit with that bullet you aren't getting up anytime soon. moon also has good accuracy and tremendous stopping power.