Name my new queen and, if she thrives, her colony

Name my new queen and, if she thrives, her colony.

Bump for the love of ant.

Queen Anne (queen annes lace is my favorite flower, even though it's considered a weed by many)

Pussy faggot cum queen

Priscilla and name the colony her faithful

I'm liking this one the most so far!

Dubs are best

From before I put her in the capsule.

What species is that? Not real big on ants but studied some bio

Shit! I didn't even see that they were. Dubs are truth. Can anyone roll trips to beat Priscilla?

the antswer

feed it some cum

Big mama, and the colony the crips.

My ant group pals say she may be a Monomorium minimum, aka the Little Black Ant. But she may be a bit too big.

I'm just starting in to ant keeping myself so I have no idea. She's the second queen I caught and the first I've kept. Today was my first day trying lol. Hopefully she does well.

faglord and the faggots

Nigga she could hardly eat the tiniest bit of honey I gave her. Maybe when she has a colony and a formicarium. That's still gross though.

Boxxy

quelaag

Strong contender for 2nd here

Ant Jemima and the Pantcake Boys.

Ain't no boys here, sorry.

Won't her colony have boy ants? Or is that not how it works? I'm genuinely asking. I know nothing about ants.

It's a good question!

The simple answer is no. Like bees, ants are a 99.99% female society. Drones will be born once a colony is established and more queens are hatched. Ants mate on the wing, meaning virgin queens, called alates, will fly away from their colony on what's called a nuptial flight. All makes, or drones, die after they mate.

The fertilized queens will then go and create a chamber for themselves, depending on the species. Most do. Their wings fall off and for a few months they disolve their wing muscles to create a food for themselves and their workers. Other species, like social parasites, will hunt another species' queen and basically use her colony to raise her young.

It's really cool stuff. Check out AntsCanada if you want to see the best examples of what ant keeping is like. It's the cheapest hobby I've ever had and probably the most rewarding.

>Perfect cunt ruled society

So basically you are a feminist?

Me personally? No; I'm egalitarian. I believe positions of power should be based solely on merit.

For ants, it's just a biological evolution. Males are only needed for reproduction. It's more efficient that way. At their very core, that's all ants are: hyper efficient. I also don't try and project my views or whatever on some damn ants. That is just stupid.

Ever raise any beetles?

Boxxy

Female is just a label we throw on it because makes sense to us, but the reality is insect genders are nowhere near the same thing.
You can't really compare the value/effect of gender of insects to mammals.
It's more accurate to say ants don't have genders, hey have several types, one of which is fertilizer.

sorry, that's nitpicky, but it actaully annoys the fuck out me when women say dumb ass shit like "Ants are all female and have a queen, and they are like perfect society, so, if we kill all men we perfect society." or "woman spiders are bigger and stronger than the man spiders, so women are stronger than men".

fuck canada. bunch of maple syrup chugging pussy faggots

If trips change from Priscilla to Cheeky Cunt

Roll

Sorry, I know almost nothing about ants. So you captured the queen yourself, did you take it from a hive or caught a migrated one?