Hello Sup Forums. I have a question. What does it feel like being able to afford "luxuries" every now and then?

Hello Sup Forums. I have a question. What does it feel like being able to afford "luxuries" every now and then?

I ask this because I barely got a grasp of the feeling. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a poorfag, I don't live under a bridge. I'd say I am in the low middle class category, the only problem is that my salary together with my dad's is spent mostly on medicaments. We still have enough to pay for the common bills, so I don't complain there. The only luxury I'd say we have is internet. I'm gonna be honest and say I don't use the internet just for studies, I also use it to chat with friends, play some games, etc.

Now, I know this sounds like a sob story, and I apologize if you feel like it is. But I don't complain about my life, I just wish we could have a bit more money to spend on pleasures.

So, to end it, I'll repeat the question: What does it feel like being able to afford things you don't need (as in survival) but you want?

are you me?

Maybe, what's your name?

At first it feels like a weight has been lifted from one's shoulders. You get a sense of happiness at first, but as time goes by. The struggle to save and buy goods is gone. So it leaves time for other things. Hobbies, Art, and the sciences.

not gunna say my name, sry

After less than a year being wealthy, life gets very boring.
That's why we become so angry, petty, wanting to control everything, have everything.
Just shut up, work for next to nothing, and give everything back that you get to your landlord and grocery store.
You don't even deserve minimum wage.
Just get an education, get a better job. Is that so FUCKING hard?
Damn it.
Shouldn't you be working right now?

I'm in the same lifestyle as you. I never had to go without eating and always had a home, but it wasn't often that we could afford other better things. Back when I was little, my parents used to take us on a summer vacation where we'd usually rent a cabin or go to six flags, but that became less frequent as I got older until we stopped completely. Now we struggle to get by and things are just getting worse

So you want a challenge basically?

find out for yourself, learn to make and save money, i suggest u read The Richest Man in Babylon. maybe it can help

Yeah I used to snowboard and such. Now I don't even have a car. Wtf happened?

Change your spending habits. Change your payments plans etc

I was you only a year ago. Not being able to afford luxury shit etc and it is what motivated me to get off my ass to find a better job. I built up my contacts and worked my ass off to find a better job and now have a new car and moved out of my parents house. So instead of complaining about life, just do something about it. That is all. It feels nice btw.

Damn, best of luck to you Sup Forumsro, hopefully things will get better.

Maybe other things required your attention/money?

Well, thanks for assuming I am not looking for better opportunities, I thought the "studies" part would give it away that I have plans for the future where I can help myself and my parents. But hey, not everyone is capable of not putting all cases in the same category. I understand that maybe you've seen/heard about other cases where they do actually complain without trying anything. But that isn't my case, so yeah, sorry if I didnt make that clear.

>''I'm gonna be honest and say I don't use the internet just for studies, I also use it to chat with friends, play some games, etc.''

Thanks for your honesty. Why in the fuck did you need to qualify the statement with something so arbitrary?

Because I consider internet a luxury. And in my post I didn't want to lie saying "hurr durr I just use the internet for serious stuff, haha praise my dedication!"

It feels great until you learn to take it for granted a week later. Once you have enough money to be secure more doesn't buy you happiness until you have learned what makes you happy without it. Then you focus on those goals and any extra resources are just a tool to get there.

Well then, if you think you are working hard enough to get yourself out of that rut you and your family are in then you'll be getting there soon enough. I just run into so many whiners on this site that expect good shit without working for it. It's a millennial thing, they just don't want to work for things anymore, they'd rather protest on the internet and in the streets than make any real difference about anything.

Interesting how before I had money I would hage thought what you said is bulkshit and now I probably have more money than you and I still think what you just said is bull shit

You are lacking serious holes in your story and need to go into more eetail about how you went from a-b or i'm calling bull shit

Internet is not a luxury.
You want a job, you must have internet and cell phone.

Oh look a perfect example of someone who thinks wealth just shows up to people who don't work for it. I don't need to prove anything to you. It was a confidence thing for me, I already had an education under my belt but failed to use my resources to find better opportunities. I worked at adding skills to my resume and used my networking to get a better job. nuff said.

It feels nice when you feel like you deserve it. But then you have to start chasing the dragon, and it escalates until you own amazon and only manned mission to mars can satisfy you.

Okay, but you would be the only human outside of North Korea that doesn't use it for recreation purposes as well as educational.

It feels pretty good but its always a grass is greener scenario. I make about 25 grand more than the median income in my area...but i still want more. Still its nice to have a dope pc and tv and be able to spend 200 dollars at the grocery store on junk food....fancy dinners....all that shit. Wish i was richer though.