ITT: Unpopular opinions

there's literally no reason to listen to music that isn't Sup Forumscore since all the best albums are already there

Brian Wilson is a better artist than Paul McCartney.

I love post-punk, but Joy Division does nothing for me.
Agreed, but George Harrison is better than both.

this is not unpopular opinion, this is 14yo memeing, consider kys

You really think that Sup Forums-core encompasses all the good music that has ever been made? Holy shit man, it's a good introduction to a lot of genres and scenes but there's a lot of great stuff that isn't there.

john lennon is better than both

>the maybe 100 albums that could be agreed upon as mucore are all of the greatest albums of all time
How many times can you listen to the same albums before wanting something new?

It doesn't even have some of the best bands.

Nevermind is overrated as shit.

Grimes seems like she would be annoying to hang with IRL and only has like 3 good songs.

Sometimes the "best" music isn't what sounds good to you.

You're missing out on probably the best music (to you) you'll ever hear if you don't expand.

It's the law of averages. If enough people agree an album is good, you'll hear about it, but sometimes you're inly one of a few people who absolutely loves an artist or a band. Sometimes you find songwriters who play exactly the type of notes and music that you personally prefer hearing.

Unless you expand beyond what critics and a hivemind tell you, you're not going to find music that is truly your own.

This is like only going to see movies that get 85% or more on Rotten Tomatoes. You're going to miss on the personal gems that you like the most. The ones that touch all your buttons, and maybe not anybody elses.

That's an extremely popular opinion to the point that it is near consensus on Sup Forums at least
(not true by the way)

This, worst Sup Forumscore along with American Football

Clearly bait though I like your choice for Tim Buckley pic
George Harrison fags need to die
That's actually pretty popular opinion. Less popular is saying Nevermind is a great album, which it is

What even constitutes Sup Forumscore these days?

Outside of a few songs, New Order is fucking trash and Joy Division was superior in every way.

I listened to substance one day out of curiosity and their songs feel like castrated versions of much better material from other bands of the time.

Grimes is unattractive and probably really annoying too.

Not to mention her music is inconsistent and quirky. Can't even imagine what her audience looks like.

This. New Order aged terribly and the only places that play their music today are gay bars in Los Angeles.