Why is Pooland so committed to perpetuating bad architecture?

Why is Pooland so committed to perpetuating bad architecture?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Russian_invasion_of_Holland
youtube.com/watch?v=s4gDTY_q3y0
youtube.com/watch?v=GkxxcCC11xk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Poland, get in here and explain.

is this shit for real?

Communism

>americans

i wish modern architecture dies

man, this isn't even so bad. this is how most of the buildings look here:

It's pretty based. We should keep building aesthetic buildings. Glass capitalismblocks are just as horrible crime against aesthetics as concrete commieblocks.

i kind of like 432 Park.

would be pretty based 100 years ago and if they were being restored.

now it's just larping.

Of course it's an amerifat who makes this post.

Fuck off retard
Our country, our rules.

What the fuck are we supposed to build? Commieblocks, cucksheds? I'll leave that to "WESTERN" world.

it's stupid honestly, and pretty embarassing at this point.

buildings were that size a hundred+ years ago when people cared little for what space they had in the cities.

now it's just pretending to be western, while talking about "WESTERN" world with disdain when it's for the eyes of the western world that they are embarassing themselves like this.

The buildings either side are in the same general style. Apart from the fact that it looks better than it would if it were some out-of-style eyesore, some local council areas have certain requirements in heritage areas, so they might've had to do it like that.

Err, wait, I mean POOland lol haha who needs rational thinking when we can bully smaller cunts, amirite ’Murrka?!

>now it's just pretending to be western
We don't need to pretend, we were part of west world as long as Portugal.

They are rebuilding in Frankfurt too

sure, you're western like Brazil is western I guess.

still doesn't make this shit justifiable.
It's literally just facade.

>western
I am pretty sure we are Kanaan.

It's a third world version of Dutch architecture.

And what the fuck do you mean by posting that map retard?

Those cities were part of Poland long before any Germany existed, long before Prussia existed. Poland is one of the oldest countries in Europe and no amount of stupid posts will change that.
U mad? Moorshit? Gdańsk was founded by Polish king.
This style was common in Poland since 13th century.

We even had Dutch minority, but they were slaughtered and genocided by German knights.

I mean to say that eastern europe is basically just colonial Germany and Western like Brazil is Western for being just colonial Portugal.

And trying to convince this isn't being done just to fool a couple of western tourists is just being naive.

Taking the meaning of "just for show" or "just facade" to a new level.

Yeah, there are places like that here, too. Just try to build a mcmansion that's 5 stories high in Santa Fe, NM, and see how far you get with that.

>I mean to say that eastern europe is basically just colonial Germany
Lmao, That's American-tier shitposting.
Colonial even though everything was already built here?

Do you even how Gemany got those lands and what did they do? They were far richer than Brandenburg.

you are doing god's work

The Netherlands just defeated every invader. France, UK, Russia, Spain/Austria, Holy Roman Empire.

Except for 15 years of Napoleon (after which we Waterloo'd them), who was aided by Dutch republicans. And 5 years of Hitler.

We invaded you ?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Russian_invasion_of_Holland

The general building style is common everywhere land prices are at a premium.

You swamp people sure are tricky

The UK actually tried to liberate us I think.

Because we were siding with France and started building a navy to invade the UK.
This also happened in WW2. At the end of WW2 Germany was trying to build a navy in the Netherlands to invade the UK.

But both were stopped in time.

whatever man, I'm not here to discuss wether Brazil is more western than Poland or not.

If some Poles think it's cool to pretend being western europeans and want to live in their cramped Dutch industrial revolution housing it's fine, have fun, just don't expect westerners to respect it and find it anything else than funny.

As you said "our country, our rules".
China does it too, so why can't Poland?

we are far better than your west suckers of british cock
true central europe sarmatians

Because Dutch kids have a natural affinity for water. You might as well prepare the high school kids for joining the German navy with fun and games.

youtube.com/watch?v=s4gDTY_q3y0

youtube.com/watch?v=GkxxcCC11xk

Yes, but the Dutch style is more attractive, those just look cheap
There are pretty buildings in Poland and those are not them

I don't want to blame the Poles, but they should have asked Germans to make those reconstructions. Germans can make them just out of a few remaining stones and sometimes they are even more beautiful than the original building.

These are nice buildings?

In Poland they are. Some buildings there haven't been refurbished since 1945, and the rest are ugly commieblocks

whats nice about those ugly shits?

You're a fucking idiot, troll harder.

Who put Alberto Barbosa in charge of judging countries architecture?

All countries with a minimum of architectural heritage and respect for their history and ancestors should do the same. The historical centers should not be adulterated, which have been said to be a symptom of the decadence of modern society

That looks really cool, reminds me of Stockholm Gamla Stan

Not like an American would understand architecture though

but it looks shit

they look shit

Polish architecture is COMFY

That german greek is just angry his cities look like middle eastern shitholes on the edgy of civil war

I am a Greek

we're all Greeks here

>bad architecture

I guess you prefer brutalism and post-modern shit?

its shit

looks like Japan
and sunnier
keep in mind
unlike slavic subhumans
Greeks actually leave their houses

you are slavs who got raped by turks

actually it's literally Dutch architecture, in the past we had Dutchmen build these for us
ever heard of historicism?
>flag
right, you haven't

In Gdańsk some of those kamienice are rebuilt in a more postmodern style, based as fuck

slavs got real Christianity from Greeks.

Only non whites hate Greeks.

>ever heard of historicism?
we call it we wuz around here.
Or the technical term, Weewuzism.
Do you import yours from China or are they made in Poland?

Looks way better than 'modern' architecture.

If their owners do not have enough money to make a reconstruction 'premium edition', that less than the same type of architecture as their neighbors is to be thankful for, imagine that you put there some buildings that completely breaks the harmony, that is what has past much of the West.
In my country hundreds of beautiful cities and towns were destroyed when the rural exodus occurred from the 60s, rejecting the classical architecture and opting for the commieblocks, as a consequence we have an immense amount of cities where you feel shame to live in them.
And seeing how they were before and what they have transformed makes you feel impotent, because the possible solutions are very complex and expensive, therefore you have to resign and accept that your city is going to have a shit of image until the day of your death

Has it ever occurred to you that it might be just because they don't want modern architecture clashing with the actual old buildings on the sides of that gap?

looks better than this shit

Santa Fe is pretty and comfy, I've been there. I don't really mind this kind of architecture.

commieblocks with fresh paint look better than those generic european shit buildings

it doesnt you slavic subhuman

God I hate Americans. The Art Deco revival towers going up in Manhattan are the best skyscrapers to be built in America since modernism

Here, when a historical rowhouse burns down the new builds facade blends in with the old. It's just common sense that Americans that have only been exposed to strip malls built 20 years ago don't understand

it does you degenerate shit

it doesnt you slavshit
i dont know why people jerk off to those shitty buildings

because it doesn't look like a middle eastern getto like your country selim

yes
it looks shittier

No.
It has occured to me that Poland is trying too pretend to be something.
It doesn't even need to be modern, nobody here is saying you need some abstract building with a glass dick projecting off the roof.
It just doesn't make any sense building anything of that size anymore.

Imagine if Russia wouldn't have builded commie blocks

everything looks so shit when there is no sunshine

Then what would you put there that doesn't clash, isn't modern and isn't the pic in the OP? A commieblock?
Oh, and going four stories higher than any other building in the row IS clashing.

the sun is shining in that pic you olive nigger

pic related

Why not build just something with a nice facade that woud go well with the surrounding buildings, but instead of making it (or making it look like, I don't know which is worse) 3-4 buildings just make it one?

As it stands it just looks like people are making something impractical for nowadays just to look good.
Which wouldn't be a problem, if we weren't talking about building whose reason of existing in the first place is practicality.

You don't have to act like reasonable doesn't exist.

Do not talk like that to me you subhuman.

>the sun is shining in that pic
hahaha this is a sunny day in your ugly shithole?

Armenians aren't Ortodox Christians. They have their own church.

Function>form

Honestly, only the Bolivians know how to use color.
I would rather a town full of buildings like this than OP's pic.

>when you waiting for the mountain to come to mohamed

that funny building looks like a japanese plastic toy

It's better inside.

looks very childish 2bh

>now it's just pretending to be western, while talking about "WESTERN" world with disdain when it's for the eyes of the western world that they are embarassing themselves like this.
You're talking about Poland here. Gdansk was the entrance gate and main port of the Commonwealth of Poland and Lithaunia. You're retarded.

what exactly is the alternative?

a commie block? some modern tall structure that will look horrible and cheap around the other traditional buildings? honestly, tell me what they could have built in it's place that would have been better?

i think it looks great. modern architecture, for the most part, unless done on a massive budget, looks absolutely shit. and even some of the stuff done on a massive budget ends up looking shit.

literally nothing wrong with wanting to maintain the aesthetic of an area if it already looks nice and serves it's purpose effectively

Wtf are you even on about?
Gdansk IS Dutch/Flemmish architecture because many Dutch moved to Poland and Gdansk and Polish kings preferred this architectural style.

I like how ornate these buildings look, but honestly they look very unpractical and pretty depressing, the intent seems to be craming as many people together as possible sort of like a bee hive

Even with this sky, these colors, this lack of sophistication, in this building I can fuck around in the appartment with no people looking at me, i can have a barbecue on the balcony, i can sleep normally because there's no loud drunk people partying every night, the air is cleaner and i can park my car somewhere.

If you think the prettiest buildings are the best to live in, you're wrong, they could make decent cabinets for doctors (or lawyers) though.

>I don't want to blame the Poles, but they should have asked Germans to make those reconstructions
Why the fuck should the Germans make the reconstructions of a city that was Polish for 700 years which is 2/3 of its lifetime? Germans should rebuild the capital of Poland Warsaw as it was before they razed it.

Somebody's jeeeaalous all their architecture was refurbished by a certain Bomber Harris.

ever been to Warsaw? it is SHIT

This looks fine desu. Much better than commie blocks or concrete and glass monstrosities or our fucking strip malls.

you are shit.

>making a shitstorm because of a tenement build to fit in some old town
jeez

go and see by yourself, architecture is either fake like the OP or commie-esque blocks