What /mu thinks about eddie vedder/pearl jam?

What /mu thinks about eddie vedder/pearl jam?

I hate their political speech but I like their music, is a great band

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM
youtube.com/watch?v=pVQt5AmLXyY
youtube.com/watch?v=OLQQWYlX14g
youtube.com/watch?v=0DOyakm3w7c
youtube.com/watch?v=KIsoyk1wQ_8
youtube.com/watch?v=LWBm-vKU63c
youtube.com/watch?v=YldOmKacoq4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I actually like their political speech. It's not whiny like Green Day. It fits fine with what they're evolving into. We can all agree they're better than Nirvana though.

I love Vedder's solo stuff, and PJ's folkier stuff. I really can't stand PJ's glossy arena rock stuff. Vs., No Code, and Vitalogy are all great albums, as are Vedder's ukulele album and his soundtrack for Into the Wild.

I really don't mind their political stuff, probably because it never really comes across as hamfisted or stupid. Vedder is well spoken.

>We can all agree they're better than Nirvana though.
nice bait

Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder recorded a song that plays during the Twin Peaks finale. It confirms Agent Cooper never gets his mind back. (Pic is evil Cooper)
Listen youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM

Pearl Jam need to be seen in concert to be properly appreciated. They're the best live rock band out there and can't be judged just off their ten (lol) big radio hits.

I like ten

very overrated, also one of the worst fanbases in music

the ukulele music is nice though

>le pearl jam sucks, ukulele music is way better xD
jesus christ, i never thought it could be true but is PJ, dare I say it, nu-male repellent?

pearl jam is a cross pollination of dad rock and butt rock

what are they reaching for?

Garbage
AiC>Nirvana>Soundgarden>PJ

talent

literally backwards

They're OK, not bad but I don't really like them

Kek AiC is goat

can you BE any more wrong?

Speaking of Alice in chains, didn't Unplugged come out july 30? I know what I'm doing today

You're a fucking idiot, I didn't say that. I said the arena rock stuff is annoying. When it comes to grunge, I prefer the garage punk bands like Mudhoney and Seaweed, and the sludgier bands like Tad.

Please kys

Yes, I'm rustled

I opened the thread for this, perfect.

Did it? Fuck yes

That's a damn good concert

Screaming Trees, Melvins and Mudhoney should have been the biggest bands to come out of the whole grunge fad.

youtube.com/watch?v=pVQt5AmLXyY
youtube.com/watch?v=OLQQWYlX14g
youtube.com/watch?v=0DOyakm3w7c

By extension, Afghan Whigs should have been the biggest band to come out of the 90s alternative rock explosion as a whole.

youtube.com/watch?v=KIsoyk1wQ_8
youtube.com/watch?v=LWBm-vKU63c
youtube.com/watch?v=YldOmKacoq4

I disagree on the Melvins and Mudhoney. I'm actually a huge fan of both those bands, but they never had the commercial appeal, nor did they try to. They were very true to being challenging, weird indie bands. Screaming Trees deserved more attention, though.