Why doesn't Sup Forums recognize her as their one true goddess...

Why doesn't Sup Forums recognize her as their one true goddess? Does her raw animal sexuality frighten the virgins on this board? She's so clearly the best female artist alive right now, why does Sup Forums obsess of Grimes, Joanna Newsom, and CHVRCHES but rarely every give PJ the time of day?
Also PJ Harvey general

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
youtube.com/watch?v=5oqxz6hpGbs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CbcXi6P_6_s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3V1Lov1U9mU
youtube.com/watch?v=lABPOmNiUqY
youtube.com/watch?v=pr1j3GfJuR4
youtube.com/watch?v=lbq4G1TjKYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

shes a legit dumbass

source?

Because women make music for women

?
Much of PJ's music is more raw and masculine than most of the music people on here listen to

How could PJ even compare to this?

>Full name: Claire Elise Boucher
>Born: 17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
>Origin: Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent
>Instruments: vocals, synthesizer, sampler, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele

>Skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director and editor
- dancer
- model
- writer

>Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet, and others

>Music taste:
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studed neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature and McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- had some troubles in the past: drugs, 2 friends died because of overdosing drugs, sexual assault, shitty jobs, the professor who got her into a music program killed himself
- started making music when she was around the age of 22 or 23
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan

>last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
desu Grimes has some patrishan taste
why does she make such shitty music though?

none of this matters if her music is shit

she's good but doesn't have the waifu appeal because desu, she's kinda ugly

>implying that ugly troll has one tenth of the talent that PJ does
The only thing Grimes is notable of is her ability to take something old as fuck, repackage it by putting anime style art work on the front cover so that dumb weebs like you would eat it up.
PJ was innovative, she had enough talent that people like Steve Albini and Nick Cave were clamoring to work with her. She was and still is hugely influential. With every album she changes up her style as to be constantly innovating and never do the same thing twice. Grimes made shitty synth pop that's going to be forgotten in 5 years.

Please don't give them (you)s

Fuck off faggot

I love her. Been listening to Let England Shake a lot,its fucking good, one of the best albums of the last 6 years. She is coming to my country on November, i will try to see her.

Remainder that you should reconsider your musical taste if you don't like Grimes

>Haven't listen to PJ even once.

Listen to this guy

I saw her last week in Central Park, amazing performance. River Anacostia went hard.

and yet no one care about her outside Sup Forums
when will this shit stop???

Sup Forums is too pleb/underage to apreciate PJ.
I wonder how "To Bring You My Love" would be recieved today or if an album like that could even be released.

My ranking
Dry = 7/10
Rid of Me = 9/10
To Bring You My Love = 10/10
Is This Desire = 9/10
Stories From the City = 8/10
Hu Hu Her = 6.5/10
White Chalk = 7/10
Let Englan d Shake = 10/10
Hope Six.. = 8/10

the first one she did with John Paris is a solid 10/10 as well

Shitty music? Her music is awesome, plebster. Listen to this: youtube.com/watch?v=5oqxz6hpGbs
THIS is patrician synthpop. Could you name even one song like Circumambient? Prove me wrong for once.

>and yet no one care about her outside Sup Forums
1 million followers just on Facebook disagree with you. All major music publications disagree with you too. There's life outside of this silly board.

and yet her booking fee is lower than Peaches

grimefags are delusional
>heres your (you)

I don't think I've ever agreed so hard with an albums ranking before

>age 25
>She said in 1995 that she would love to have children, stating: "I wouldn't consider it unless I was married. I would have to meet someone that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. That's the only person who I would want to be the father of my children. Maybe that will never happen. I obviously see it in a very rational way but I'd love to have children."

>age 47 today
>unmarried and no children

>and yet her booking fee is lower than Peaches
Because she's not a greedy asshole. Also Peaches has a more complex show (more choreography) and she's older in music biz, hence she asks for mo' money.

see maybe you should go outside of Sup Forums more
not even hipster arty clubs play her music

>1 million followers just on Facebook disagree with you
so by your standards having a lot of followers on social media = talent
pls be underage, refuse to believe anyone over 18 thinks like this

btw, this thread is about PJ Harvey, go back to your containment thread

kinda sad desu

This is makes me sad :(

Who has the best Thom York collab? Polly or Bjork? m.youtube.com/watch?v=CbcXi6P_6_s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3V1Lov1U9mU

I like PJs more.

>btw, this thread is about PJ Harvey, go back to your containment thread
OP mentioned Grimes, so shut up.

>1 million followers just on Facebook disagree with you
so by your standards having a lot of followers on social media = talent
Are you fucking stupid? You said
>and yet no one care about her outside Sup Forums
and I proved you wrong and now you spin in a different direction like a prick? You clearly said no one cares about her and I proved you that at least 1 million people do. You were btfo.

and he also mention Newsom and CHVRCHES cunt
you don't see their waifufags here
Grimes fags are fucking insufferable

>you don't see their waifufags here
Troll logic. If they don't post, the Grimes fans shouldn't post too. Are you a legit idiot?
>Grimes fags are fucking insufferable
I get that. Because they kick your ass and beat you with logic, sweetie.

you didn't kick no one's ass you fucking mongoloid

>her records are her children

could you imagine the shitstorm if she released this today?
youtube.com/watch?v=lABPOmNiUqY

or this

>btw she was hot af in that video

>raw animal sexuality
Explain...

Listen to any of her first four albums. Also
youtube.com/watch?v=lbq4G1TjKYg

You wish. Stay mad, honey.

What do you think PJ Harvey likes during sex?

>honey
you are literally a flaming faggot

Damn I wish it was 1995 again.

PJs song is good on its own, not shure how I feel about the Bjork one.
Anything is better than the PJ and Bjork did "satisfation" together, I know they where just taking a piss at the audience but damn it's bad

Do you think Thom fucked them?

Piss at the audience? Did they do it ironically or something?. I listen once, i remember being ok.

Stay mad, honey faggot.

If he did, he is a lucky guy. I dont think Bjork, he loves her music, he said many times that Unravel is his favorite song, he has covered it many times. So.. who knows.

My guess, its a 15yr old non-binary tumblrina, ignore it

If I recall, Nick Cave said she was really good and liked it rough

Sort of, they got pushed into doing it and didnt care much, they where too busy getting drunk and shooting shit together backstage before they made them go onstage. They decided to do satisfaction minutes before performing because they both knew the lyrics
If you watch the video you can tell there wasted and dont give a single fuck

wow, great response
you sure showed me!
are you fucking 12?

>liked it rough
happy and bleeding just took a different meaning to me

>liked it rough
Basic bitch stuff like biting and choking, or REALLY rough?

Dry is unironically my favorite PJ album
if it was produced better it would be a solid 10/10
every song is great

Its better to have no children than have them with the wrong person.

Do you think she likes being cut during sex? I dated a girl who was into that. She was a fucking freak in bed.

She is coming to my country. I dont wang to go alone, I havd a friend who likes indie music in general but has never listen to PJ. Which song should I show him first to convert him?

as I said in a recent Kate Bush thread, becoming a mother is the worst thing that happens female artists, glad she never had children
>remainder that PJ and Tori Amos where the edgiest artist in the 90s, that until Tori got knocked up in the late 90s, and we know how that went

Let England Shake is the best female album of the decade.

Bjork had 2 children, and she continued creating great music.

just go alone, you'll make new friends there
PJ has some of the coolest followers you can find, her fans are true patrish and horny as fuck

her first one was born before she joined Sugarcubes, cant rember when she had her second, I think between Debut and Post, and the songs on those albums where writen years before,
anyways, Bjork is weird, when the Sugarcubes toured with Iggy Pop in the late 80s, she out-drinked everyone. Every member of the Iggys band tried to get her drunk to fuck her and no one could beat her
she isnt human

Bjork is such a slut
[spoiler] i still like her though [/spoiler]