Whats your honest opinion on weezer?

whats your honest opinion on weezer?

is gud

songs from the black hole was pretty cool
pinkerton and the blue album were alright
haven't listened to anything else

I'm pretty glad that we don't talk about them nearly as much as we used to, they're hot garbage.

Overrated hipster garbage from commiefornia

>knowing this little about 90s music

Rivers Cuomo has a nice touch for writing great poppy hooks, honestly. It's probably the last big "power pop" band, in a way.

One of my favorite rock bands
Blue > Pinkerton btw

>Weezer
>hipster
They've been topping charts since the beginning of their career

Blue and Pinkerton are great. Fell off for years but EWBAITE and whute are ok

>being a newfag to music while simultaneously thinking your opinion matters
the worst of cancer

I know a lot more about music than you. Also stop being a contrarian faggot

How many albums have you even listened to from the 90s? I guarantee you haven't listened to more than 100, there's simply no way anyone can consider Weezer as being amongst the greatest albums of the 90s while having listened to any considerable number of 90s albums. It's not contrarian to actually know something about your hobby, faggot.

why is pinkerton Sup Forumscore again? it's such a shitty album.
>that part where they have to stop playing on across the sea because rivers had a pair of pantsu on his head while singing and tripped and fell over pat's drum set and they had to set it up again but kept recording but only until they finish setting up the drums again
>that part where matt's E string snaps on why bother and rivers whips his cock out and tells him to strum that instead, all the while matt is repeating the last word of rivers' sentences one octave higher
>that part in getchoo where brian stops playing cause he wants to go to mcdonalds so rivers brings the mic and when they get there he records the mexican working the drivethru saying "wha can i getchoo" and as soon as that last word is out he goes "AHUH" real loud and just keeps doing it for like 15 minutes until brian decides he wants a big mac with no pickles and a shamrock shake but it's july and they don't have them and the total is $1.45 and just after they leave matt says he wants a medium fries and asks to go back but rivers won't say yes or no he just repeats whatever matt says but in a much higher pitch voice and in an extremely racist chinese accent
>that part where rivers is sampling the evangelion theme on el scorcho but it's really fucking loud and you can hear his mom open the basement door and yell it him to turn it down but like really far back into the mix because it's just so fucking loud so eventually instead of arguing with her he just starts singing along so you hear "rivers you fucking faggot turn that crap down" interwoven with "hotobashiru atsui patosu de, omoide wo uragiru nara"
>that part in butterfly where brian rips a really long fart and he and pat are giggling about it in the background and rivers pretends not to hear them but he's getting annoyed that they're distracting him and you can hear him getting progressively more peeved as the song goes on
who can listen to this garbage unironically????

They made two great albums, and they have more good releases than bad, though some of those bad ones are really bad. I think all of their albums have at least one song worth salvaging though.
Rivers posts here btw

I have listened to plenty of 90's albums and there are many people who would agree with me that Blue and Pinkerton are among the best albums of the 90's. Many critics have praised those two albums and if you don't agree with me then that's fine I was just sharing my opinion in the first place anyway.

Crap tween shit.

Like bowling for soup or all American rejects.

Good band, glad they're not making songs like Beverly Hills anymore. Feels Like Summer was ok.

they were my favorite band throughout high school so i can't hate them. i know the blue album and pinkerton word by word.

You tried

Aside from Blue, Pinkerton and White they don't really have many standout albums but they all have their moments

they invented modern pop punk, they're that good.

Music made by beta cucks

Overrated power pop band. The Blue album had some really nice singles, and it was their peak. Pinkerton is also nice, and very relatable for teenagers, but beyond that age, at least for me it lost its edge because I could no longer relate to it as strongly, and without that connection the songs just aren't as strong. The Green Album is actually decent mainstream pop rock. After that they had a string of crap albums, but Everything Will Be Alright in the End is actually a strong comeback album. They're MUCH weaker if you compare them to Sunny Day Real Estate or Cap'n Jazz, but they're actually decent as contemporaries of mainstream modern power pop groups like Fountains of Wayne.

>TFW we'll never hear the finished product of this

To be fair, you're comparing them to guys from different genres entirely. Weezer kinda stands out from most of the stuff in their own genre because of sheer quality (especially in songwriting, Rivers has a touch for writing good poppy hooks). They kinda pale in comparison to other bands from other genres but given their own genre (power pop) they stand out, roughly on the level of bands like Cheap Trick and The Modern Lovers, personally.

I actually strongly prefer Cheap Trick and The Modern Lovers, but I see what you're saying. The reason I brought up midwest emo bands is because they were supposedly so influential on that genre, even though they themselves weren't part of it.

To be fair, the influence that Weezer ended up having has less to do with the music itself (though that also played a part), and more with the general attitude of it. Weezer kind of followed Nirvana as the big band of the 90's after Kurt offed himself, and it continued the 90's tradition of having people who were somewhat social outcasts at first as the rock idols, though less in a "antisociety" sense and more in a "awkward guy that doesn't quite fit into society" sense; this lead to a generation of people where the general awkwardism of it wasn't seen as a negative quality, and you could build a style around it. To be fair, it's just a revival of what The Modern Lovers, Big Star and Cheap Trick were doing then, but it was pretty influential as a whole because it was somtehing that fit the social scenario and had an effect on a bunch of teenagers.

Actually, we might. Rivers has been talking about the album on twitter recently so it's possible we'll hear it.

First 2 albums good.

Then they became irrelevant.

>he doesn't like Beverly Hills
why user?

I've only listened to Blue and Pinkerton. I love Blue but Pinkerton ranges from garbage to sometimes good.

whyte ppl i hate u cuz
1. u all racist
2. u pale as hell
3. u fuckin stupid
4. u stereotype niggas cuz u all dumb
5. ur fat
6. u look like marshmallows
7. u look like gluesticks
8. u close minded
9. u jus straight up bitch
10. u make me sick
11. u all like fishin for sum reason
12. u all have dogs
13. u think u a good race when u ain't even human
14.u look ugly as hell
15.u a disgrace
16. u think u know bout niggas so much when u don't
17. u all got faggot ass voices
18. u speak like British ppl
19. u all gay
20. u have no place in hiphop so u shud stop listenin to it

Shut up

they're terrible. watered down alt rock grunge pop

>hot garbage
ching ching bing bing

i'm pissing myself

blue and pinkerton are unironically great albums, for the most part

then they decided to pick up releasing shit music for a while until ewbaite and white album

Blue and Pinkerton are two of the best albums from the 90s.

They've made good songs beyond those two but never another good album.

Underrated post

fucking gold

Pinkerton is good if you're an angsty teenager. It's still got some fun songs.
Blue is iconic.
Maladroit is an underrated masterpiece of power pop.
Green is so-so.
Everything past that was dull or in that weird halfway point between catchy and awful, until EWBAITE, which was surprisingly good
White proved EWBAITE wasn't a fluke, and was even better
I think Rivers had a brain aneurysm though, Feels Like Summer is disturbingly bad