Inb4 "neither" or "X is better than both of them"

>inb4 "neither" or "X is better than both of them"

Loveless. Souvlaki isn't even the best dream pop album, however it is the second. The best dream pop album is Heaven or Las Vegas by Cocteau Twins or So Tonight that I Might See

Slowdive

souvlaki is more enjoyable to listen to but loveless was more revolutionary, I guess.

both of them are highly overrated and boring, but Loveless is more influential and I really like only shallow so that one.

souvlaki is for the successful art kids
loveless is for failed musicians

OP can't inb4
quit listening to shoegazing

Slowdive all day.

Loveless is the epitome of fuzzy, noisy shoegaze and defined it, but Slowdive writes better songs.

One of the best albums of all time vs overrated dream pop with one good song

which one is which

Loveless has better production but Souvlaki has better songwriting. I prefer Souvlaki personally just because I think it's a better collection of pop songs but Loveless is still good.

Yeah, keep convincing yourself Loveless is that good.

Slowdive are the better songwriters by a mile.

Loveless is the former obviously

Even if they were both performed live with only acoustic guitars Loveless would make Souvlaki look like a joke

>acoustic Loveless would sound better than acoustic Souvlaki
Holy fucking shit, my dude. I love My Bloody Valentine, but this is just wrong.

Maybe if you think being as maudlin as possible makes for better music

Souvlaki

Do you think making music as obtuse as possible makes for better music?

i just adore souvlaki space station. the whole album is also a 10/10, so it's an easy choice for me.

altho i listened to loveless first, i was more attracted to rachel's voice and the more dream-ish atmosphere of slowdive.

No, but Souvlaki is unpleasantly cloying, and doesn't even approach Loveless as far as harmony and melody is concerned.

Souvlaki is like half great tracks and half really goddamn forgettable
Not to mention that other than Souvlaki Space Station the shoegaze stylings and effects just aren't that fucking interesting whereas Loveless is solid gold all the way through and still sounds totally unique despite half the planet trying to rip it off since then
It's not even close