Recently watched The Beach

Recently watched The Beach

>Thought it was shit
>Thought the videogame scene was particularly bad
>(Semi) surprised to find out it was directed by Danny Boyle

What are some other shit films by decent directors?

it was good

videogame scene was retarded, though

The book was a great 90's book. In a pre-9/11 world it was about a guy who longed for a war but only the kind he'd seen in Apocalypse Now, Platoon etc...so he travels to thailand looking for a taste of adventure.

It was the first book written by Alex Garland who went on to write 28 Days Later, Sunshine, Dredd, and write and direct Ex Machina.

The video game scene makes perfect sense in the book, imo either the studio or Boyle fucked up the movie. The book is very enjoyabe, if you have a kindle or a used book store around you should check it out

One of my favorite movies senpai. I know it's dumb, but I still love it. The last line really resonated with me:

>And as for me? I still believe in paradise. But now at least I know it's not some place you can look for. Because it's not where you go. It's how you feel for a moment in your life when you're a part of something. And if you find that moment...it lasts forever.

I got the sense while watching that it would make a much better book. I imagined something along the lines of a farcry game. I could see what the film was trying to do but it kept jumping from plot point to plot point with no filling

This movie was great. I was still a kid but if I was his age in the 90's I would've love to do shit like that.

>hey Richard. .. enjoy your dinner

what did the shark mean by this?

I was really expecting them all to be cannibals

Turned it off as soon as it went all DUDE WEED

The movie reminds me of the later rave years, and what it felt like then to travel way out to remote, makeshift spaces out in nature and rave and do drugs with other travelers and explorers.

Definitely not a perfect movie, but it does capture a part of the feeling of that time.

You're right aboiut the jumping around. Basically before the swim to the island is faithful to the book, but then there;s 2 or 3 major derivations from the book, including a very important character from the book not in the movie. it's worth your time to read the book

Americans Fuck It All Up for Everyone: The Movie

what was the moral

If you actually go way out to these types of places - like Thailand or in middle-of-nowhere in a national park somewhere - where you tend to run into hippies and ravers and backpackers, it does get very DUDE WEED quickly.

If you actually get out and travel and stay in hostels and sleep at rest stops and hitchhike etc, you'd know this. It's very DUDE WEED out on the road.

Because if you were an expat in asia in the 90's you were a part of a massive underground rave scene. Seriously it was a great fucking time to be young.

Danny Boyle isn't a decent director
Hes trash

Possibly. Slumdog Millionaire was fucking absurd.

It's actually still kind of like that out in those parts. European and other international hippie ravers are still partying and camping out in there.

Slumdog Millionaire was great. Your political shilling doesn't affect the quality of a movie you retarded alt right neckbeard.

-in

I'm not alt right, I'm apolitical.

But leftist art is almost always shit, as it happens. *SHRUG*

it's garbage

I don't understand how slumdog is even a political film. Anyone care to explain?