What are your Eclipse 2017 plans?

What are your Eclipse 2017 plans?
Where are you?

I hope to get fucked during the peak. My area of Washington will have nearly 90% coverage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo
tennessean.com/story/news/eclipse/2017/08/15/solar-eclipse-2017-police-caution-public-not-walk-into-traffic-stop-interstate/571318001/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why would i want to watch the sun get blacked by the nigger moon?

It happens once every hundred years. Just one of those things. Also, we need to patrol for Lizard People.

if you miss a solar eclipse you can just look at the moon later, it's the same thing but without the possibility of having to see the sun.

I dunno, why do you guys keep making threads about black people fucking white women?

This would be pretty cool to see in person.

you could also keep a small photo of the moon on you at all times just in case you ever want to see it.

Headed into Wyoming on Sunday

It doesn't look like that, it barely blocks the sun. There is always sunlight bending around the moon because of gravity and shit and it never gets dark. Why are people acting like this is the first eclipse in history?

I cannot believe how insane Oregon is becoming. It's days away and Eastern Oregon's highways are already parking lots. They are running out of fuel and locals can't leave home.

I guess they expect I-5 to be at a standstill all weekend.

Southern illinois here. Going to be spot on in the eclipse. Then another in 7 years.

>>Why are people acting like this is the first eclipse in history?
Because it's the first total eclipse of the past 100 years to occur in a country where god actually pays attention.

Colorado here, going to be the closest to the eclipse

Why do i need special glasses to look at it? I stare striaght into the sun all the time

nice b8 faggot. partial eclipses are common. total eclipses are not.

Op is gonna sacrifice an infant on monday

youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo

Well wait a second, I remember when I was younger I saw a full solar eclipse... It hasn't been a hundred years.

In dog years

Casper? I know the area pretty well.

Well that might explain it.

west of casper near reservation and national forest

Nice Camping near Lander/Riverton in wind river? Or like towards Dubois? There's some gorgeous country out there this year. Lots more rain than in past years.

alliance nebraska here, town of 8500 people suppose to have almost 60k more people for this fucking eclipse because its in the path of totality, any of you fucking btards comin this way?

South central IL here. Supposed to be 95%. Not quite in the direct path. Finding glasses was a bitch. Everywhere sold out. I stole free ones from the library for some 4-H bullshit. Fuck them, they won't even remember the shit.

Those areas, yes. Haven't decided precisely. Have camping trailer, park permit. Coming up through Rock Springs, so depending on schedule and traffic ...

>more rain

Tell me. I road tripped US 50 across Nevada earlier this year. The sage brush was green across the whole desert. Alternating that with show in the mountain ranges. A really glorious day of travel.

Traffic is getting pretty heavy around here. But the locals all do 100 on the highway. So you'll get around fast as fuck outside of towns.

I hope it's cloudy as fuck the whole time. And no one sees anything.

I will be sitting in my driveway. I'm in St. Louis so I will get 100% coverage

an hero

except the next total solar eclipse in the US is in 28 years YOU DUMB FUCK. STFU ABOUT STUFF YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT

carbondale?

Because of the darkness, your pupils will open up more... more sunlight gets in... your eyes are fried.

But the path will be completely different. The only spot that will be the same is in southern Missouri and southern Illinois

I plan on staring at it without glasses, going blind, and receiving disability the rest of my life.

Actually it's in 2024

Something about more direct rays or some shit coming off the eclipse. I don't know the exact science behind it but supposedly it can fuck up your central vision in seconds.

Ayy even better. it's not every 100 years though

I'm jealous I'm driving down to St Louis from Canada to see it.

Kek I thought about this

Lol he pays attention is that why your all dumb fucks

That's Luna ultimate you dumbo

>your
Calm down son.

I will be working. I will just walked outside and see the partial one for a monute. Then get back to work.. I live in California

you don't want to be near the path of totality. so many looky loos and idiots are filling up towns and it's annoying. i have to work on monday and now i'm told the traffic is going to be so bad on I-15 i'll have to leave like hours earlier because of all the idiots jamming up the road

Same here. I took Monday off, stocked up on beer, and plan to just wait it out.

> not getting a ticket on that alaska air lines eclipse viewing flight

> plebs

You didn't either. Ya just read about it like the rest of us. Mmk.

Huntsville, Alabama

I'm about an hour away from Nashville which will have a 100% total eclipse so we'll have about a 90% eclipse where I live. It should be pretty good here.

> It should be pretty good here
except for the fact that you live in alabama

Thinking about bringing a nazi flag my gramps brought home from ww2 onto fort Sumter right at totality. No one will pay attention.

Be careful with that, you don't want to damage the flag. That's a rarity that you shouldn't want to get damaged by some antifa fucktard.

I'm in huntsville too, but I've got a convoy headed for Nashville monday at like 5 am. If you can get to Nashville, I'm telling you won't regret it. If you're in college, just ask your professors to excuse your absence. My UAH teachers didn't give a fuck.

For any fags in the Tennessee valley
tennessean.com/story/news/eclipse/2017/08/15/solar-eclipse-2017-police-caution-public-not-walk-into-traffic-stop-interstate/571318001/

A fair point, was going to try and hide it in a wind breaker.

Me too brah wanna suck each other off during it?

1976 was the last one through north America.

My thoughts exactly

Checkout the Craigslist Personals in the big tourist destinations for this thing. Bend Oregon for example, Salem, Portland. Freaks

I'm driving 850 miles round trip to go see it. Going to be dank.

I would think a state with legal weed like Oregon would be the place to be.

I'm a Grad student at UAH and I'm not sure if I can afford to miss class with work, family, and school.

They're handing out free sunglasses at the Space and Rocket Center if you don't have some already.

no it won't be. but you have to hype it that way otherwise you're a boring bitch that wasted his time and money driving around fighting the crowds

I'm not stupid enough to go where the giant crowds are. I'll be on forest service roads in eastern oregon. I'll get to see 100% totality, and you won't get to see shit.

Dude. Eastern Oregon is a parking lot. Seriously. You won't even get to Eastern Oregon by Monday if you don't leave immediately. My BIL lives in Prineville and it took him 3 hours to drive 2 miles.

McMinnville here
Fucking hell dude. Going to sand lake, friends already got a spot otherwise I wouldn't even try. Gtfo my state all of you god damn

Sorry, I meant western. pretty drunk.

you don't where i live dumbfuck. you'd feel like an idiot if you knew

wait no i didnt

i meant eastern. everyones in western.

also prineville is not in eastern oregon

It'll happen in the US again on Oct 14th 2023 and April 8th 2024

google live traffic says its fine

KING5 reported a 9-12 hour drive between Portland and Salem is expected over the weekend on I-5. It's going to look like the highways from TWD before Tuesday. Getting out of there will be worse, the gas stations are already out of gas and slow moving hell is breaking out.

Good thing I won't be anywhere near I5. I had to convince the idiots I'm going with not to even try anywhere near there.

I'm bringing extra gas since my car gets bad mpg.

If Antifa and BLM staged protests along I-5 from Portland to Eugene they might cause a national emergency.

Ah, I feel you. I already got my glasses, I have family that work for NASA. It should still be pretty dope here. I'm working on my BA and I'm between jobs, so I've still got some flexibility to my schedule

how many people are going to die nationwide because so many people are jamming up the roads for this event? it'll be some small number but still, they'll have died because they had to watch this event for a few minutes, whereas otherwise they would have lived many years longer if it were just another regular day.

> tells us his whole life story and family too
thanks for trying to make it all about you. no one here cares.

I completely agree. I live in Washington and a bunch of people I know are going somewhere to fight the crowds and see it. Meanwhile, We will be at 90% or something close here. Thats enough for me. I'd rather not die and then go see an eclipse on a distant planet later in life.

I'br got my "eclipse glasses" but I just went out and looked at the sun with them and they're still completely black and don't let any light through. Am I about to do a 14 hour drive with broken glasses?

I told me why he couldn't go to Nashville, so I told him my situation. What's your damage?

it's because of social media. everyone has to get likes because they have such amazing non stop lives. there is going to be so many crappy photos of that little blot of the sun because they'll be using tiny wide angle lenses and tiny sensors on their cell phone cameras.

i just feel salty today trying to argue with people i guess

Southern Illinois here. The news is basically telling people to stock up on groceries, not to trave, hide yo kids and hide yo wife because a fuck ton of people are coming to Carbondale to watch this thing and the highways and interstates are gonna be fuckin jammed.

Go do that in the youtube comment section of science videos, you'll have a lot more fun.

it should just be a national holiday because people that have to drive to work and home will be stuck in traffic all day

so my eclipse glasses got some peanut oil on them somehow while cooking. is this going to ruin them?

they also have water spots on them

There are a few businesses that are treating it that way.

Another southern Illinois fag here. I'm hiding inside through momday

You "hope to get fucked"? Men do the fucking. Unless you're a girl or a fag. And because there are no girls on the internet, you're a fag.