It's not really this bad, is it?

It's not really this bad, is it?
I've not heard it yet

Reflektor was an early warning for this shitstorm of an album

Its certainly not as bad as Sup Forums and the music press is stating though with that being said it is a considerable drop in quality from Reflektor and easily their weakest release so far. Arcade Fire are an unfortunate case of a band that is ostracized from the mainstream due to its "hipster" motif and pretentiousness whilst also being shunned by contrarians and numerous Sup Forumstants for being a major indie rock band regardless of the quality of their albums. That's not to say that they are incapable of making a poor release or are exempt from criticism though it seems more or less impossible for anyone to go into this album with a level head unless they simply haven't heard of the band - as those who are long-time fans will have absurdly high expectations from the previous albums whilst those who dislike it will latch onto any of the albums flaws and exaggerate them to a ridiculous extent, its only natural though given that the teaser tracks were nothing in particular I don't believe that anyone was particularly disappointed, even the fans.

As for the album itself. I quite enjoyed the title track which I initially did not like at all, Peter Pan contrary to what many have said I found quite enjoyable and dream-like if somewhat corny. Personally I'd say the album suffers from sounding too much like a self-parody, as if they've ridden this ironic marketing campaign so hard that its affected their musical output, resulting in an album that sounds more satirical than substantial and thus impossible to take seriously, which for an Arcade Fire album is certainly not a good thing. And Chemistry plus the two Infinite Contents are especially mundane and feel almost as if the band is making fun of themselves given how forced and superficial the tracks sound. Another major flaw is the writer's block that Win seems to succumb to, seems he's said everything on the previous albums and is now repeating the themes of the Suburbs (specifically Deep Blue & We Used To Wait).

>Deep Blue
>Arcade Fire now have a song called Deep Blue and another song called Electric Blue
Yeech

it really is that bad desu

A genuinely good comment

Suburbs > Funeral > Neon >> EN >>> R

its not bad but its not good

a few good songs, a few bad and mostly average ones

this

On the off topic is that an FF3 gif? I remember one of the beasts did this stupid arm motion that looked like they were scratching an invisible turn-table.

its actually worse

>Its certainly not as bad as Sup Forums and the music press is stating
It's pretty goddamn bad.

Wow, what a shitty ranking.

Funeral > Neon Bible > Reflektor > Suburbs >>>> Everything Now

It has a few absolutely awful tracks but quite a lot of it is better than reflektor, maybe their worst but not by a massive margin.

this is a good post

>reflektor > suburbs
my man you are clinically insane

Not really. The Suburbs is boring as fuck and would easily be their worst album if they hadn't put out Everything Now, and Reflektor is pretty damn underrated.

it's not underrated it's bad

Wrong.

me btfo

co-sign this

Neon Bible>>>>>>>>>everything else

It's shit

this is the best written post ive seen here in years

This

Good album for a trash pop american singer

Nah, you're ranking is shit. The other person's was better.

Unironically the most well-conceived album they have released to date.

good shit
I think the marketing campaign is a big thing. Started the album off on an unavoidably bad foot. I haven't heard one good thing about it.

Fucking five star post right here.

reflektor is a great album, no idea why so many people hate it.

Best review of the album I've seen

Aside from Chemistry and the Infinite Contents, I really liked it. Not sure why it's getting so much negativity.

this this this

> tfw Creature Comfort is best on the album

yep, I regret pre-ordering the vinyl

Well that was a retarded move

I remember this from ff7. Especially the battle arena.

Disagreed so hard. Their best, most concise and listening-time-efficient release yet.

EN > Neon > Suburbs = Funeral > Reflektor

I've been listening to it nonstop and I'm starting to dig it. I'm even starting to like Chemistry. It's like so awful that it's cathartic. Once you start liking it you feel like there's nothing left in this world to dislike. It's a wonderful feeling, really.

I love McCartney's cheesy music hall songs, so it follows that I love Chemistry as well

man how do you write so coherently. You just perfectly summarized every thought I had floating around in my head about this album in such a concise fluid way.

Look, I don't like to exaggerate. I'm a very blunt and honest guy. This album is shit. I didn't like a single song. Going off of Fagtano's scale, I'd give this like a light 2. The album is a cringeworthy, forgettable dud.

fucking tell me about it

You're too eloquent to be on the internet

I'm trying to listen rn and I'm on Infinite Content and wow it's fucking horrible. I like 2 songs enough. Creature Comfort is cool, Everythign Now is agonizing disco but its fine

Quality content, on my Sup Forums!?

I would not be surprised if this was originally post on reddit.

my mum likes it, make of that what you will

I'll make your mom into my personal cumdumpster