East Coast

>East Coast
Nas, Biggie, Jay Z, Young M.A, Mobb Deep, Wu-Tang, Rakim, A$AP Mob, Public Enemy

>West Coast (SoCal)
Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Vince Staples, Kendrick Lamar, Earl Sweatshirt, G Perico

>Midwest
Danny Brown, Lupe Fiasco, Mick Jenkins, Twista, Kanye West, Common, G Herbo, Bone Thugs

>South
Future, Denzel Curry, Gucci Mane, OutKast, Young Thug, UGK, Geto Boys, SGP, Travis Scott, Three 6, Little Brother

>DMV
DRAM, Jay IDK, GoldLink, Yung Gleesh

>UK
Dizzee Rascal, Skepta, Stormzy, Wiley, Kano, J Hus

>Canada
Drake, Tory Lanez, Jazz Cartier

>Bay Area/NorCal
J Stalin, E-40, Nef the Pharaoh, Death Grips, G-Eazy, The Jacka, Rappin 4-Tay, 2Pac, Too $hort, Snow tha Product, Kreayshawn

Way is the bay area so shit Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZJaKGpiO5K8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

These are some stupid ass names. Lmao.

wtf is DMV

DC, Maryland, Virginia

Only good DMV rapper lately is Goldlink. This place is devoid of actual talent

you sure about that?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJaKGpiO5K8

Jay IDK sucks. I listened to the tapes he dropped early last year/late 2015 and they were very mediocre. This song is too.

Isn't Mac Dre from the Bay area?

>what is Nickelus F

Forgot Chance for Midwest, but point still stands.

DMV is demonstrably shittier

Is this photoshopped? Dude has no dick.

East coast > South > NorCal = Midwest > UK > SoCal > DMV = Canada

Thoughts?

You left off a lot of hella influential artists like:

>East Coast
ATCQ, Big L, 50Cent

>Midwest
Eminem, Freddie Gibbs,

>Bay Area
Andre Nickatina, Mac Dre, Charizma/PB Wolf, Spice-1

East coast is, and always has been the best region for rap. A$AP Mob, Wu Tang Clan, Biggie Smalls, Flatbush Zombies, Pusha T, Nas, etc.
Midwest and West Coast only come close because of a few standouts like Kanye for the Midwest and Dr. Dre for the west coast. South isn't even close

Also wtf does dmv mean?

South is the shit dude tf you talkin bout. Outkast alone puts them in the top tier

bro take out g eazy and kreashawn

East Coast > Midwest > SoCal > DMV > South > NorCal > Canada
Never listened to any UK rap so I can't put them anywhere

missing tyler and dj quik for socal

Death Grips for NorCal, you dumb fag.

you dumb coons dont have tech n9ne in midwest

>having THIS poor a grasp of the male anatomy

East = SoCal > South = Midwest > Norcal > UK = Canada > DMV

East Coast and SoCal have been running the game except maybe in the early-mid 2000s with Eminem as king, and later with the rise of Kanye. Despite this, the early explosion of rap with Tupac and Big, as well as the other legends in NWA/Dre/Cube and Wu/ATCQ/JayZ make the East/West untouchable in terms of influence/overall output.

The South exists entirely outside of the East v West beef, with 90s legends in Outkast, Triple6, and UGK, and the new school ATL Trap sound runs the radio.

Midwest have similarly had a couple amazing single individuals like Em and Kanye. The second tier of rappers in Lupe, Common, and DB are incredibly strong, but lack the headlining power of the other acts listed above.

NorCal is weird in that beyond Pac (who I would argue is SoCal for his most important work) lacks the depth, but has incredible breadth. Mac Dre, E-40, and Andre Nickatina are gods in the Bay, but have little recognition outside of it. The Hyphy movement drew attention, but the influence of the movement isn't comparable to the above regions.

UK has the history, and some recent moves with Stormzy and Skepta, while Canada has Drake.

Why is DMV even listed?

>not including Del tha Funkee Homosapien
>not including Spice-1
>not including Dan the Automator
>not including Paris
>not including Souls of Mischief
>not including Peanut Butter Wolf
>not including DJ Shadow
>not including Blackalicious
>not including DJ Q-Bert
>not including The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy
>not including Brotha Lynch Hung
>not including The Coup

what are you talking about OP, Bay Area/NorCal is as great as the rest of them

On your list, I like Nas, Jay Z, Wu Tang Clan, Public Enemy, Kendrick Lamar, Earl Sweatshirt, Danny Brown, Common, OutKast, Dizzee Rascal, Death Grips, 2Pac, and Kreayshawn. But I really don't like hip hop in general. Given the stuff you listed, I'm honestly surprised you omitted Boogie Down Productions and Digable Planets. My favorites are The Underachievers and Aesop Rock.

First off, Eminem is missing from the Midwest portion. If you're going to throw Lupe on there why forget him?

Also how the fuck did you miss Mac Dre off this list of Bay Area? Literally how?

Department of Motor Vehicles

This. Just the mere existence of Hieroglyphics proves OP is just ignorant.