Anyone else think Robocop 2 was a pretty solid sequel? I'm not a fan of how they changed the suit, though

Anyone else think Robocop 2 was a pretty solid sequel? I'm not a fan of how they changed the suit, though.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/85903713
vimeo.com/86014703
youtube.com/watch?v=U00p0LNZOpw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm probably in the minority, but I like all the robocops until the reboot and the terrible terrible tv show.

I really enjoy it, it's a little bit too whacky at times, but it just shows how much further detroit decayed having a fucking kid carry around a folding machine gun. robocain is still terrifying to this day.

i love that theme too.

nope just you OP, out of all the people on this board, only YOU think Robocop 2 has any merit whatsoever.

Cuntface.

I liked it.

Cainebot was fucking nightmare-ish too.

Yes. I agree with people that Robocop has no real arc in the story, but I enjoyed the fuck out of this movie regardless.

>They made this to honor him.

2>1>3>TV>>Cartoon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Reboot

ITT: SOLID SEQUELS HATED BY THE GENERAL AUDIENCE

While I can easily say Robocop was the better picture. Robocop 2 on the other hand was over the top in a multitude of ways, but still managed to craft its own unique identity apart from the first. Watched on VHS with my dad and I loved every minute of it.

So true. The fact he was a junkie killer robot that still wanted a fix in spite of his robot body. Shit was cash.

>Want some candy?

I like robocop 2. I'd watch it all the time on vhs in primary shool.

The first was political satire, the second was a mindless action movie, the third was a B-movie.

1: A+ satire, A+ action
2: F- sature, B+ action
3: F- in all categories

cain?

i loved all the failed robocop 2's

>want to show a decaying city
>cast late 1980's Dallas
>sequel
>want to show the city even worse
>cast Houston

I am from Texas and I can absolutely confirm the accuracy of this.

>I like all the robocops
No one likes robocop 3.

I liked robocop 3 when I was 9 but that movie is garbage.

Cain scared the shit out of me as a kid. But probably even moreso the doctor lady who facilitates the creation of a psychopathic robot that runs on fucking supercocaine. Like that was the most insane thing i'd seen by that point and even still it's way over the top.

I do really like the movie though, and the fact that it was written by Frank Miller probably has something to do with that.

My man.

I do, but my father has admitted to banging my head into a wall when I was baby.

Thanks this scene, for giving me an existential crisis before I had hair on my balls.

Jesus, is pic related Murphy from Robocop 3???

I miss how kids used to be able to watch movies like this.

Yup, as long as I covered my eyes when my parents told me to I was allowed to watch a lot of inappropriate movies for my age.

Seeing the predator's face while peeking through my fingers gave me nightmares for a week.

Pic related is Jesus Murphy, from Snyder's Robocop.

But predator 2 was kino.

Predator = jungle
Predator 2 = concrete jungle

Masterpiece

The original script for predator 2 was literally called "Concrete Jungle." It took place in New York instead of LA, and the detective was Dutch's twin brother. I think darkhorse made a comic from the original script, I know at one point I had a novelization of it.

>robocop thread
Someone posted this in the webm thread. From which movie is this from?

I saw robocop when I was five. I remember I was allowed to watch most of the 80's action classics as long as I didn't repeat the bad language.

it's a fan film

it's actually from a robocop "Remake"

Don't think anybody actively dislikes Robocop 2.

Its good fun, some really good stuff littered throughout the film its just not quite as great as the first was but that's to be expected

Robocop 3 is fucking horrible though.
And the recent remake was a complete snoozefest tbqh

haven't seen this one in a while. good going, user.

that dude looks more like Buzz Lightyear than Robocop

Peter Weller isn't someone you can just replace and no one will notice.

I enjoyed the remake.

fuck off cunt

I think it's a bad sequel not on the level of 1, but it's an excellent action movie

It was alright.

The fuck did I just watch?

I only watched it once as a kid and it fucked em up i never went back to check it again too fucking tramautized that fucking murderous kid and that robot nah fuck that shit

Thanks, i think i found it: vimeo.com/85903713
Will watch later; hopefully its at least a decent flick.

Yes I absolutely love Robocop 2

It's from the film Our Robocop Remake. You can watch the full film on Vimeo, or just this particular scene put together by the legendary Fatal Farm. ALSO on Vimeo. (Scene 27)

vimeo.com/86014703

I really liked 2. The suite was more refined, better made. Not a big fan of the blue tint, but it worked out well.

I liked how it still had a dark satirical bent to it. Even if that aspect wasn't quite as good, its satisfying to know that the people behind making Robocop 2 knew that was a huge part of the first movie.

The main reason Robocop 2 gets hate is people still parroting Roger Ebert after how many fucking years. It has it's problems but saying it's too mean or too dark is bullshit

I saw these movies way too early as a kid (around 5 years old). Absolutely loved the first one, but Murphy getting his limbs blown off and the melting dude at the end were pretty disturbing. Robocop 2 freaked me the fuck out. I love it as an adult, but the nonstop body horror terrified me as a kid.

The stop-motion SFX in Robocop 2 are so fucking based.

Not really. It had a few cool scenes but for the most part it was just a pale imitation of its predecessor.

It expanded the story a lot you fucking moron

The tv show was better than robocop 3 what the fuck are you talking about?

youtube.com/watch?v=U00p0LNZOpw

Thy also did a bunch of shit tv movies.

>I liked robocop 3
No, you didn't.

I actually really like the blue. Apparently he was meant to be that colour in the first, but they couldn't get the paint finish right.