As much as bvs is, which is to say it's a pile of shit

'Yes'

>not liking over the top violence
>not liking revenge plots
>not liking Russian gangsters
>not liking Keanu Reeves

the fuck is wrong with you, mate?

It's actionkino but not kinokino

OLD keanu, laughable dialog, terrible acting and characters. Good for 10-14yo boys maybe.

*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
See you on the boards...

Literally the Boondock Saints of our time.

Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't

It's pretty good. I'm very confused as to why John Wick would join the Payday crew though.

Wrong, Boondock Saints thought it was art. John Wick has none of the same pretense.

Jews and money

Not with those subtitles.

What the fuck are you on about? Was Boondock Saints marketed as an art film? I'm so annoyed by this post that I'm actually going to check.

Okay, I just watched the trailer, what the fuck would you call this: youtu.be/ydXojYfCF3I

Do you think anything with choral music in it is trying to be deep or something?

And either way how does it matter? They're both shallow movies remembered for adolescent wish-fulfillment and above-average action.

more Sup Forums tier shit that's praised here

so i can main him

Because Payday needs a big crew

The whole movie thinks it's making some profound point about the nature of evil. Overdone cinematography, preaching about the Kitty Genovese case, the Lord's prayer and the tattoos in Latin, and yes, choral music played over the "dramatic" scenes.
youtube.com/watch?v=wwIJ9pRWBpo
youtube.com/watch?v=lz5xowvmyI8
youtube.com/watch?v=OlsuPBfA0QM
youtube.com/watch?v=-IXT3Bo4RaU

no it's just a completely forgettable action flick.

I think that they were taking the piss user. The cinematography is way too much to be serious. And the Latin prayers don't mean anything, it's just them applying an aesthetic to their madness to make it feel more official. And I'm pretty sure that at at least one point there's an urban choral track with a hip-hop type beat over the top.

I think you're overly stuck on this idea. It doesn't sit right with me at all. The movie's way too fucking stupid to actually be carrying a message.

maybe i have normie taste but it was one of the best movies i seen because i dont know anything like it

It's possible, but I didn't get that impression. Talking about Kitty Genovese convinces me it's genuine just because it's trying to reference a real event to make a point.

Bringing up a real event can also work as a simple shorthand to make what you're talking about clear. The second Kitty Genovese is brought up the audience knows exactly what you're getting at.