Now that the dust has settled how does Sup Forums feel about this album and Tyler in general?

Now that the dust has settled how does Sup Forums feel about this album and Tyler in general?

It's good

9/10 record

SFFB>Bastard>Wolf>CB>Goblin

7/10
don't feel like replaying it much. not into that soft boy rap

Strong 9

yea i like it i really don't like who dat boy though

best album in the past decade

solid 7 or 8 out of 10 to me. inconsistent but it's got some potent melodies and production which hazes over some of the shortcomings. a few of the features are somewhat weak and there are some tracks that are borderline disposable.

it's not amazing or anything to me but it's a pleasing album

Coolest cover art in a long time by any artist imo

As for the music, is better than CB as a whole.
Is it his best? I don't think his post Wolf stuff is even comparable at this point.

Pre CB's best album imo: Goblin
Post Wolf's best album imo: SFFB

His best album yet

I think it's his most consistent release yet. All other albums are all over the place.

Really good. Hooks on hooks.

it's definitely more consistent than usual and creative but I don't feel it's interesting all the way through

maybe it's just a mood thing

Scum Fuck Flower Boy - 9/10
Wolf - 7/10
Bastard - 7/10
Goblin - 6/10
Cherry Bomb - 4/10

9/10
Really good production and lyrics. Definitely his best.

You're just autistic, its a great album but don't go that far

Agreed, who dat boy is kinda memey and is one of his shallowest songs

Tyler in general I never appreciated. He always kinda was on the line of meme/non serious rap and actual rap. That might sound silly to some fans, but I just never really liked his style. Keep in mind I'm not a huge fan of rap either, I can enjoy it if done well.

Flower Boy feels a lot more down to earth. Aside from who dat boy, which I do still enjoy, the whole album seems like Tyler being a more serious person. Taking himself and his work more seriously and it really helps.

There's some really great songs on here. I fucking love See You Again.

I honestly think this is his best album by far and one of the best albums this year

he alright

But that horror movie soundtrack beat/synth flicker? A$AP's badass verse? Surely he's allowed *at least* one fun, banger track on an album, and this is a hell of a strong one for that!

Whoa, cannot agree there.
SFFB ≥ Wolf > Bastard ≥ CB >>> Goblin

I mean Goblin is still deeecent, and it has that gorgeous "Analog". But best?

fantastic album, I hope he gets even more into orchestral arrangements and instrumentals

he's a great producer and it feels like he's finally realizing his skill and vision with creating lighthearted songs

I like Wolf better but this is his 2nd best

sucks

I liked it a lot, I wasn't a Tyler fan before except for FUCKING YOUNG/PERFECT and SFFB is an album full of songs with that same sound so

(((fake music)))/10

Garden Shed and November are so good

it's shit. best tyler effort, but still shit.

Who Dat Boy is the closest Tyler gets to "tall ugly nigger with lips bigger than tigger," edgy on SFFB, and it's still pretty toned down compared to the rest of his work. Still think SFFB is his best work to date.

Good album, It's Tyler's best IMO and one of my favorite albums to come out this year.

Tyler's at his best when he chills the fuck out and makes smooth rnb stuff like here.

Flower Boy > Wolf > Bastard > Cherry Bomb = Goblin

If Who Dat Boy was a Hopsin and Swizz song, where they rapped word for word the same bars, would it be regarded as absolute shit?

Because despite loving the song, I first heard it on Spotify a shuffle before sitting down to listen to the whole album and the production definitely had me guessing a Hopsin verse was coming since it sounds like something he'd make. I was ready to go over to my phone to skip it until Tyler came in with a verse. (I marked the fuck out when Rocky came in too).

only correct ranking

9/10. Its a new tone for him, but it works well. Would have been better if it had stuck to softer raps without spiking the random hard verses.

sorry but i dont listen to tyler because he is gay

Close
SFFB > Wolf > Bastard = Cherry Bomb > Goblin

Its ok. Wolf is still his best but at least it aint hot garbage like cherry bomb.

Bastard > Wolf >>> Goblin >>>>> Cherry Bomb
I don't count SFFB as a tyler album

CHIRP CHIRP

It doesn't sound like something hopsin would make though. It's a much more refined and well though beat, with a catchy hook. Honestly, hopsin is just a meme now, even if all of a sudden he started making legit beats and bars with catchy hooks, nobody would even listen to it for a long while because he's essentially put into the same category as insane clown posse - cringey middle school rap.

t.14 yr old

Listened to it once through. Can't remember it so I guess I'm gonna give it another shot. I think I thought it was ok.