Listens to The Strokes once

>Listens to The Strokes once

guided by voices too
really i have a hard time finding a more derivative album in the 10s

> Listens to Talking Heads once

Explain to me how this resembles the strokes please I can't see it.

>reads Oscar Wilde once

The singers sound exactly the same

A} not true in the slightest
B} if you think the singer sounding the same means it's derivative of this then you're just a memer and lack any music knowledge.

you must be deaf or just a fanboy

I listened to "Is This It" a bunch of times then I listened to "Twin Fantasy" and I thought they sounded very similar.

They sound EXACTLY the same

If the OP had Teens of Denial in it I'd see the point but the only resemblance I see between the two would be in Is This It's title track where there's a lo-fi tone and the singer is doing the "barely putting effort" aproach to singing but considering they don't have any songs similar to that I'd hardly say that depicts the stroke's sound at all and Will takes that "fuck putting effort to singing" aproach much farther than Casablanca does in that song.

>Wow he's such a ripoff. I mean, it sounds exactly like The Strokes, and Guided by Voices, and uh, Bob Dylan, and uh Leonard Cohen, and well, Sunset Rubdown, maybe some of the Beatles, and a bunch of other artists. He's a total copycat even though he sounds like five hundred different artists with his own unique spin on it making him the main artist in revitalizing the indie genre despite it slowly fading away

Calm down Will

We were only joking

that album sounds like guided by voices, strokes and neutral milk hotel.
accept it.

>listens to disco twice

>listens to Television once

>sucks dick once

except that album doesn't sound like television

>sounds like 3 completely different and unique bands that are all critically acclaimed

This is a compliment.

>listens to yo la tengo, television, velvet underground, etc. once

seriously why can't I get into talking heads

start with remain in lights

might just not be for you.

but keep trying. if it ever "clicks" with you, it'll be worth it.

dont get your skinny jeans in a twist, will