Anyone else find it strange that the left wants Robert E Lee removed...

Anyone else find it strange that the left wants Robert E Lee removed? He didn't fight for the wealth and benefits of slavery. He fought because he swore to defend his homeland of Virginia. Let confederate statues be a display of our mistakes so that we do not repeat them.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40978515
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I find it interesting people care either way. Especially when they are ok with some past figures who were for everything they are against. Its funny OP.

his personal reasons for fighting do not matter to those of us who think fighting on the side of slavery is a bad thing.

>republicans
>party of Lincoln
>party of Lee

pick one and shut the fuck up

Losers shouldn't have monuments.
Especially, failed rebels.

He fought against the Union, the Unied States of America. He was a traitor they were all traitors.

Odd argument.
Here's a simple question: How many statues are there of Ulysses S. Grant? You know, the guy who fucking WON?

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40978515

And here we see the BBC in the process of shifting into "Full Retard" mode.

He did have slaves beat for trying to escape.

FUCKING MORONS. It's never that simple, it's never black and white. There is no pure evil and there is no pure right. Learn some history assholes.

burn down the holocaust museum because it can be misconstrued as a source of pride for nazis

I think it's strange to have a statue honoring the enemy of the state

imagine erasing history just because you don't agree w/ it

so

fucking

low iq

i can't even handle it rn

Why even remove the statues? Let it be an example of failure, and keep slavery a disgrace by publicly displaying those that assisted it.

that would not be out of their realm of stupidity.

imagine honoring the enemy of the governing country you proudly believe in.

You cant put the statues into the context of today. When they were built, they honored the leaders of the seceding states

and the seceding states lost

USA whooped the motherfucker. Down it goes

This may be true, but it's not about Lee personally. People wanted the statue removed because of Lee's role in history as the general of the military that fought against the United States in support for slavery. It's true that Lee himself fought for the confederacy to support Virginia, but that's not necessarily common knowledge. As we all know getting a radical leftist to do their history homework is about as easy as teaching a golden retriever to cook dinner for you, so it's understandable why they still cast Lee off as a force of evil.

tl;dr the shit show in Charlottesville had more to do with what Robert E Lee represents in history than the man himself.

It a joy to watch the snowflakes squeal and howl as their participation trophies are removed. I enjoy greatly their tears.

Huh, so the left are a bunch of uneducated, heathenistic, retards who only follow the whim of the hook nose and want to break shit? Huh, who'd have guessed.

Dont destroy them. If you want them gone, put them in a museum. -OP

it's literally over, and i support neither side

Americans have hit a critical low point in their cumulative iq that is impossible to recover from

fortunately for me i have dual citizenship so i can abandon this shit show and watch it collapse from afar in my home country.

the rest of you though? you're fucked. enjoy the retard wars.

LOOOOOL
THE FUCKING TRIGGER WARNING AT THE TOP
MY SIDES HAVE ASCENDED

The majority of those kinds of statues are either in states that weren't even involved in the civil war, or they were put up in the 60s and 70s as backlash for desegregation.

man up nancy boy. loosers don't deserve statues, they didn't earn them.
it must be winter already, what with all the precious snowflakes in here.

Men like Lee, Jackson, other generals, and the men that fought with them are deserving of their statues. They are still Americans and once the war was over, those that survived through it were welcomed back into the US. People back then didn't harbor anger or hate towards them, only people now who have no understanding what the Civil War was.

Unless you're going to advocate ripping down every monument to the natives and to the Vietnam War, then fuck off with the "loses don't deserve statues" nonsense. If you believe that those should come down too, then fuck off for being an Iconoclast as worse as the likes of ISIS.

Because despite that he was a bad General and a bad President. He just had more men and resources.

ALL the monuments will be removed, irrespective of right or wrong. White guy rule is over and white guys let it happe. Think Lincoln would be OK knowing niggers don't care he helped free them?

There's a bunch. I just googled "US Grant statues" and there were images of a bunch.

imagine destroying a statue of a man who worked towards reconciliation of north and south after the war and died as an American.

The cucks on the right kept bitching about giving kids participation trophies. People finally listened and started pulling down the confederate participation trophies and now the right is full of crying snowflakes. Apparently it wasn't the left that was full of snowflakes.

Well look what we have here some scum sucking hick traitors. Obviously I haven't burned enough.

When those kids are doing more to help the country than the current President of the US at the time, sure, give them awards too.

How cute, people with absolutely no idea of anything regarding the civil war spouting memes.

oh look here.A triggered snowflake. Go to your safe space because unfortunately, you're not getting your participation trophies back.

Hopefully, it will inspire people to actually learn about the man instead of relegating him to the status of dumb racist retard redneck.

He didn't even believe slavery was right. He didn't think any man should be held in bondage. He wanted to help teach blacks how to become civilized, productive members of society. In all honesty, he wasn't wrong. They were but a few generations away from living in grass huts with bones in their noses and tossing sticks at wildebeests. But, yeah, it's just a statue.

lol. You're asshurt about statues that have been up for decades, or even a century, and you're calling others triggered? While trying to make the whole nation some kind of safe space?
Come on, show some backbone and consistency. Address . If you really believe that garbage then why are their exceptions?

Bad General? What the fuck are you talking abou?. He had a string of victories that led him to be the first Lt.Gen in the US Army since G.Washington.

Statues will not tell history, only remind us that the events we read about involved real men. Statues may inspire people to read about the people and events, or offer some more context once they already know of the events.
The problem is that even though some say "You can still read about history in books", they also seek to make sure that written history is what they want it to be. Revisionism on both sides is bad and is unfortunately rampant on both sides.
The Civil War was not a black/white issue and in the end all the men who fought and died were ultimately Americans (and are treated as such under numerous laws)

Confederates wanted to leave the US. Regardless of one's feelings about social issues, they are a political group who sought to leave the United States and form their own country. i.e. traitors. I don't want to see Pancho Villa's statue in public in Texas. Why the fuck would I want to see Lee's statue in Virginia.

triggered much? Maybe you can get a cheap plastic chinese replica at wal mart of your blessed participation trophy.

>Anyone else find it strange that the left wants Robert E Lee removed?
remove what? nigga he dead.

lincoln would be okay. he was a classic gladhanding, blacksliding, asslicking politician. as long as it got him votes, he'd be happy if the whole country was on fire.

ISIS is the anti-fa of Europe.

And the US was spawned by traitors rebelling from the British Empire. The only difference was the Colonials won their rebellion and the Confederates lost theirs. Both were traitors in the eyes of their foes.

>Why the fuck would I want to see Lee's statue in Virginia.
Because he was a Virginian.

So many triggered snowflakes in this thread crying hysterically as their confederate participation trophies are removed. Maybe if they weren't such losers, they wouldn't be bent out of shape over loser participation trophies.

Alright, Muhammad. We get it. You hate anything that's not venerated by your primitive concept of "might makes right" (But only in certain cases since you STILL haven't addressed the points made) and want to see every bit of history that doesn't cater to your beliefs destroyed.
You're either a troll or a very asshurt SJW.

>USA
>champions democracy and freedom
>"Hey we don't like the way things are going, we want to leave now" - The South
>Nope" - The North
>North proceeds to kill their brothers

The US was changing. The confederacy was holding up to he old ways. Don't twist history, the US was a collection of mostly slave states. It changed over time leaving the southern states to remain...the real revolution happened in the north. The counter revolutionaries were the south. Your welcome.

The only REAL mistake Lee made was in believing that the Union would fight honorably. Too many soldiers and SAilors have been tricked into thinking there are "rules" to war.

War is not a game, it's a fight for the survival of your self, your loved ones and your people. Never hold back, never relent and never flinch from doing what you have to do to ensure that you and the things and poeple you love survive.

Your enemy sure as fuck won't. Sherman proved that.

The South left because they didn't think Lincoln won the election of 1860 fairly and that he was going to do all sorts of things they didn't want. Primarily ban slavery and fuck over the South's economy with that and taxes- which he wasn't going to do but Southern newspapers convinced the people otherwise.

But these liberals will miss all that, and probably don't know it, and cry and whine about Trump being President and saying they should break away from the US. They call the Confederates traitors while doing the exact same thing for the exact same reasons.
Historical unawareness and suddenly clinging to patriotism and national loyalty because it suits their cause. At least the Confederates had a spine.

Nothing in the Constitution says that states cannot leave the union if they wish.

>When they were built,

Nothing in the Constitution says they can either.

It was a decision that should have been left to the Supreme Court.

awww....poor little right cuck. Sooo triggered. So much butthurt. You are really upset they're taking you little participation trophies away. So sad. Not. Your tears are delicious snowflake.

Even if the court said states couldn't secede, they likely would have anyway. The divide and differences between North and South was too great to just ignore and let grow even worse.
In the long run, the Civil War fixed a lot of problems: It decisively solved the issue of slavery in a way that peaceful debate just would not, the nation came together afterwards, the South was modernized, the technological advances benefited everyone, and created the motivation for Westward expansion. Still a terrible event in American history but the aftermath had a lot of benefits.

You have to be older than 18 to use this site. Please leave until you have reached that age.

That's what books are for. Stories of the past. Statues are for heros and art. Confederates were neither.

True, but there's also nothing in the constitution that said they could. The question of if the agreement was binding for all time or an at will agreement was therefore an issue that was entirely in the purview of governmental institution in change of Interpreting the constitution. That would be the supreme court, not the individual state legislators.

So triggered. Maybe you should go to your safe space now.

>Anyone else find it strange that the left wants Robert E Lee removed?

The "left" you speak of is just niggers and ignorant mudsharks.

R.E. Lee was one of the greatest military commanders in American history, and was an honorable man. Hysterical ignorant morons tore down his statue in an attempt to pretend that the past doesn't exist.

.. and this is why we're taking away your participation trophy, Timmy.

Since you can't play with well the other children, Timmy, we're going to put you in the corner with the Duplo blocks and special cone shaped time-out hat.

This guy is right - all tiem low IQ hear in stats.

Here in NY the thing to do is drink yourself sick or shoot heroin.

What a fucktard you are

It must really piss off some people that no matter hard they cry and call it racist, that there will still be hundreds of monuments to the men of the Confederate armies.
Everything on battlefield sites will remain and is federally protected. Some states have laws saying monuments cannot be changed or removed without special vote.
Even the statues that are taken down will be in museums, graveyards, or given to other collectors or cities.

You're a loser and your very existence is a participation trophy. You don't deserve it and it should be taken from you.

Hundreds, soon to be tens, soon to be a mere handful.

I don't want to knock them all down, just the ones paid for by public tax dollars or on public land. Private collectors are still free to do whatever they like.

...and in the meantime, Jamal, you're ditching school, shooting other niggers, banging, raping, and generally destroying society and biting the hand that feeds you.

Hey, some ghetto bunny from a different set just grilled you, better go get your Glock and cap is nigger ass. Nigger.

>What a fucktard you are

You're only butthiurt because you're an ignorant nigger fool.

He was also for the abolishment of slavery, a great general, and surrendered honorably.

Lincoln wanted to send all the niggers back to Africa, or later Central America. Would this have been good? Yes. But by the left's logic lincoln's monument should be removed and he should be erased from history, as well as all of the founding fathers who owned slaves.

Sounds like someone had a bad experience with the special time-out hat. Sorry if I touched a nerve there, my remedial newfriend.

If you don't live in that immediate area then your opinion doesn't matter. It does not effect you and the statues don't have any real meaning to you other than invoking some hatred for no real reason.
Instead of tearing things down why not suggest putting up other monuments to the other sides of the story, the slaves who were mistreated under the Southern system (Though some states in the Union were allowed to have their slaves until after the war and only freed them when the 13th Amendment required doing so)
But I know the Left will never settle for coexistence of both ideas. They will only tolerate the display of their world views and anything else will be demonized, censored, and demanded to be destroyed.

They should be displayed in museums not in front of court houses

here here . *rebel yell * 88

isnt any enemy to the southern people . well respectable ones anyway .

Comparing the Confederates to Nazis is moronic and why people do it I will never know.

>by the left's logic lincoln's monument should be removed and he should be erased from history, as well as all of the founding fathers who owned slaves.

By following the shitskin logic, I expect Mt. Vernon and Monticello to be riot sites in the near future.

The niggers won't be happy until they get government checks and full impunity for any crime they care to commit.

The more humans indulge the subhumans, the more they'll nig out until they destroy the system that feeds them.

Niggers: If they can't eat it or fuck it, they piss on it.

Stay ignorant, retard fool. I say this knowing you don't have a choice.

Agreed.
Nazis didn't bugger their kinfolk, go blind from moonshine, and could form complete sentences when necessary.

If anything the comparison is really quite insulting to Nazis.

>Nazis didn't bugger their kinfolk, go blind from moonshine, and could form complete sentences when necessary.

Which is why they wanted to kill niggers, kikes, faggots, assorted shitskins and communists in large scale death camps.

Yeah, that part is really a downer. Really takes the shine off that whole enlightened ubermensch thing.

Anyway, I hope you are enjoying being a hateful internet tough guy. Maybe they'll make a meme to commemorate your legacy someday.

>, I hope you are enjoying being a hateful internet tough guy.

Point the finger, shitskin. You antifa are the new Nazis. No tolerance or even an attempt at understanding, just hate, riot and rampage because you can't stand your own history.

You ignorant fools are pushing for a race war, and it's a foregone conclusion how that will end.

Keep pushing, shitskin.

With all the recent 'triggered by statues bullshit' I got interested in rereading stuff about the Civil War.
The North could have won and ended the war at the First Battle of Manassas, but my God what a shitshow it was. The North loses one battle and it allows the war to drag on for years.

>nazism/fascism
>left wing

Pick one, you fucking retard. Learn2 political definitions.

The Nazis were a disgrace that destroyed Germany.

The hell it replied to the wrong post. Meant for