youtu.be/hhheKWYa1Cc
starsystemkickboxing.net/Pages/default.aspx
reddit.com/r/Boxing/comments/5uif9e/ggg_should_take_the_15_mil/
youtube.com/watch?v=Wgq34oGWDsk
gof
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vegan sub edition

>when you nut and she keep sucking

Yanks,how is Thurman-Garcia being promoted?is their plenty of ads?

No not at all. I think it's only being billed to us hardcore fans, but then again, I don't watch television.

I haven't seen a boxing promo on TV since Pacquiao-Mayweather

Boxing isnt really promoted in the mainstream in the States unless it's a Canelo fight.
I'd imagine in New York they will have some sort of promotions going on maybe posters and billboards. Down here in Miami there's nothing.
However a couple of passengers I took lyft driving spoke about the fight when I mentioned I was into boxing and what not.
And the Breakfast club had Gennady Golovkin on a few weeks back promoting his fight with Danny Jacobs. They also had their host spar with Shawn Porter with the media. So I'd imagine they may have something going on down the line unless Angel Garcia fucked that up.

American promoters are retarded old dinosaurs, MemeMA is eating them alive in this aspect

Roy (old ass) jones vs Bobby (big) Gunns
>Fighting for the Vacant WBF title >Only one letter less relevant than the wbc
>Bare knuckle Hall of famer vs Boxing HOF
>ONLY 29.99 PPV
>Will show a tag team wresting match in the undercards
>BREATHTAKING performance
>Tyson fury might show up
Is this the Fight we've been waiting for /Box/?

Yes they are.

But fighters also need to promote themselves as well. Be more active on all the social medias, fucking hang out with rappers and NBA players and all that bullshit. Stuff like the breakfast club, as retarded as that show is, interviews do nothing but good for promotion as well.
I think by the end of this year, boxing will be in a much healthier state than it was in 2015/16. If a fighter catches the public's attention the casuals will be all over it once again.
Think about how many record breaking fights there have ever been at one point in time. Mayweather Pacquiao is just a new milestone that will be broken eventually (hopefully not soon with the Mcmeme shitfest).

who gets it tomorrow?

Uni class in the morning. Work in the afternoon.

3 miles on heavy incline, half an hour jump rope and some pushups, pull-ups and ab work.

Who /LETSGOCHAMP/ here?

>non-weighted exercise
waste of time.

>he wants to get swole

Man so many people wanna get "Big and jacked" I honestly don't see the appeal.

Most guys I know end up eating like shit and looking bulky, then getting fat when they turn 35 because they have horrible eating habits.

>getting swole

It's like you want to blow up after the 3rd round and be a human punching bag. Fucking big stiff Anglo idiots.

Read this. Short, good read.

Anyone have any reccomendations?

Irish Thunder (micky wards book) is good
The Big Fight by Ray Leonard

Does Gunn even have a chance?

youtube.com/watch?v=LLGm2OCJZ2E
here's fat james toney beating him up a few years ago.

>swole
I never said swole

jesus christ that was depressing

>GGG will beat Canelo easily when they fight

Is this the most reddit opinion on boxing?

GGG gets KTFO due to having zero Defense.
youtube.com/watch?v=LehQX1bbGQk

Yes. That Loma is #2 P4P.

hahaha

"P4P" is the most reddit thing out there

It's a made up list with largely subjective criteria that people get in endless arguments over.

Errol Spence dominating Brook is one of them

Fucking hell bbc

Such a humble young man

I honestly want to see Wilder knock Joshua out. Just for the tears.

>4 divisions
>not being excited for AJ to beat DeGale and Groves to unify his 4th division

He will beat him. Won't be easy, but he will.

That is if Canelo decides to fight in 2017

That's what a true heavyweight does, fights at super Middleweight. Just like Roy Jones Jr.

>still following TV liscense funded fake news

Keep watching that women's football goy, #ThisGirlCan #GetInspired

Because I watched the fight? Rewatch the first round and you'll see Lemieux being quite aggressive with his ring position and trying to establish his jab, buy he's taking shots in return. By the 2nd round almost all of that has stopped and he is mostly covering up and moving backwards.

Calm down Sup Forums I don't think BBC Sport is written by Macedonian teenagers for Adsense clicks

shut up kid

I'm 32 you silly cunt. Go back to your hug box if you get triggered that easily

Go to bed Danny Cohen.

>no information whatsoever about this weekends card
>Reddit-tier image unrelated to thread edition

Please get your shit together, fucking embarrassing family.

hmm

Pretty random to have one undercard fight listed on there as well.

>Be more active on all the social medias
>hang out with rappers and NBA players
t.Chris Eubank jr

those hashtags m8, fucking kek

Where will you be when Chavez pulls an upset and stops Canelo, then goes on to knock out Golovkin in front of a sold out Estadio Azteca on Mexican Independence Day?

in a comfy /box/ thread

he didnt let him do, what he wanted to do. shocker.

>question mark at the end of a statement

eating cereal in my jocks.

As much as i want that to happen, canelo butchers his body & KO's chavez.

does anyone here like Bellew? I hate him, he's the biggest idiot

I like him more than Haye.

I think he's delusional, but I dislike haye just as much.

>he didnt let him do, what he wanted to do

Yes, and Canelo is a superior boxer in both technique and power, so GGG won't be able to do the same with him. What is at all difficult to understand?

What matters here is that he's not superior to Golovkin in any of those cathegories, and he's smaller, he'll get pummelled by the jab as well.

Canelo is most successful when he can plant his feet and utilise his hand speed and combination punching; he won't be able to do that against a heavy hitter like GGG and certainly lacks the footwork and finesse to be able to stick and move against him.

noone cares about belts
you will only be num1 when you beat fury

GGG is the perfect style matchup for Canelo, especially as he gets older. Canelo is coming into the prime of his career and is far faster to the jab, a pressure fighter with a slower jab who just runs at him and lets him find his range is perfect for his style. The movement thing is a bit of a red herring since GGG for the first time in his career will be fighting someone who is giving him a lot more than he takes with decent power behind it.

People have built GGG into this unstoppable machine but on the back of what? Lemieux's style plays into everything that makes him look good and that it unironically his only good win. You can make all these claims about how incredible he is at all these different things but to be honest there really is nothing you can point to to back it up. Beating fucking wade and overpowering a blown up welterweight isn't any proof at all.

Ditto this. Cunt's a fucking toolbox but I really want Haye to lose.

poor lad

>My name is Carl "the Cat" Thompson I'm 41 years old and David Haye is getting knocked out
youtu.be/hhheKWYa1Cc

cinnamons a better boxer, but he i dont think he has more power than lemywueeeueueeix

fun fact: Carl Thompson used to be a kickboxer before transitioning to boxing and fought under the name Adrian Thompson (real name Adrian Carl Thompson). I couldn't really tell you much about his career except for the fact that he twice fought the future and first ever K-1 WGP champion Branko Cikatic (lost both fights)

>far faster to the jab
Canelo has no jab.
Golovkins style could (possibly) work in his favour, but GGG has a pretty decent chin and is a much harder puncher than anyone else that Alvarez has fought, and coupled with his accuracy and relentlessness I can't see how Canelo can withstand 12, especially considering he can only fight half rounds with his style of fighting.

No shit. Wish there was something like boxrec for kickboxing, it's almost impossible to find information on records and the like.

I had actually made a functioning database that I was going to use for KB/MT fights but I got disheartened by the fact that there'd always be fights I'd never know about and decided to scrap it.

starsystemkickboxing.net/Pages/default.aspx
there's a few records for the more notable kickboxers like Bill Wallace and Fred Royers

>Canelo has no jab

Not as a weapon in itself, but used as something to manage range he certainly does. Even against the tappy boxers who are faster and more than him they spend half their time on the back foot and lunging in because they're worried about the combos you mention coming in behind the lead jab. Again he won't even have that problem against GGG, who he doesn't need to chase at all, that completely isn't his style. Those power combos he uses to win his best wins will be open all day long because of the superior speed.

Superior speed means nothing when you can't get in range because you're being pummelled by the best jabber in the division.

Except GGG will have to respect the range to avoid those combos, he will have to avoid the quicker lead jab of Canelo in the same way as any other opponent Canelo has fought. Again fighters walking on to those combos is exactly how Canelo wins when he looks his best, and unlike Lemieux his timing and ability to set those up is world class.

I honestly believe it won't even be close when it happens, Canelo by KO easily. Bored of talking about it now so this is my last post on it.

This still has potential. I wonder how hard it would be to get your hands on any kind of official records. I suspect that official record-keeping is a lot more lax compared to boxing and MMA but you might still be able to fill in some huge gaps. Even boxrec has tons of holes, especially when it comes to Asia parts of the Midwest, and many other places.

>I suspect that official record-keeping is a lot more lax compared to boxing and MMA
that's exactly it.
Boxing has the advantage of being a very historic and popular sport which leads into it being heavily recorded while MMA is very recent and newer technologies allow easier archiving. Kickboxing is somewhere in the middle where it isn't quite as historic for it to be followed as closely as boxing was/is, nor is it recent enough for everything to be on the internet.

I'm afraid of most things pre-1990's are pretty difficult to find.

Interesting. Do you think it's a case of records not being kept to begin with as opposed to being obscure? Not hard to imagine a lot of events being unsanctioned.

IIRC Paul Maslak (the guy who created the STARS ranking system) had a bunch of physical records in archive but they were destroyed (at least partially). at the very least, the PKA/WKA records have existed but mostly seem to have vanished into the ether, probably out of disinterest.

is broner in ~12 hours or 36?

Man, what a shame to think that a bunch of irreplaceable records may have gotten tossed into the wastebasket. Still, I think there's some value in preserving whatever is still out there. Maybe some of the pieces can be put back together based on video.

>posted this without actually looking at reddit
>have a quick glance at the /r/boxing to see if there was any interesting news (actually not a bad place for quick links and videos desu senpai)
>this thread is up reddit.com/r/Boxing/comments/5uif9e/ggg_should_take_the_15_mil/
>80% of the thread is people saying GGG will smash Canelo, he should punish him, etc etc

Glorious

whoever made that is a prick.

I've decided that he's the lesser evil in the Haye fight

But yeah he's a right bell-end

130k people, just like papi

Beat him at what? a cheeseburger eating contest?

high jump
youtube.com/watch?v=Wgq34oGWDsk

gof
undme.com/save-paul-smith

It's got a tenner on it now

AJ would beat fury - the man who got knocked down by a 36 year old cruiserweight who he could only beat with a illegal punch
people hate wlad for his boring fights (and I hate him, too) but fury fights are also boring, he leans on his opponents, clinches.. I mean, why do you guys even rate him so high, his performance against wlad was shitty, both guys were garbage that night

>why do you guys even rate him so high

They like him for the memes, not his boxing.

Fury wlad was one of the biggest snoozefests I have ever seen

AJ is untested while Fury dethroned the former undisputed champ.

He's very awkward, I don't see robotic AJ beating him.

considering his current condition I could absolutely see AJ beating him.

Did you have this opinion before or after the Liam Smith fight? If you had it before, then did the Liam Smith fight make you more confident that Canelo wins or did it make you doubt Canelo?

Genuine question.

AJ is a prospect still, completely unproven against anyone. He's a hype machine who is rumored to have a bad chin, jury is still on him. My guess is that he's no better than top 10

t. DeAndre

Fury isn't coming back desu
AJ is going to KO a prime Wlad
Ko wilder, ortiz, Parker etc and dominate the division. Vitali will come back but AJ will kill him cold. He will break joe louis's title defence record and retire undefeated as the new heavyweight GOAT

>prime Wlad

Eddie?

Dusseldorf Fury is unbeatable

He's at least top 5 purely by virtue of being in great shape and having solid fundamentals. You don't need to be Ali or Tyson to be the best heavyweight in the world right now

>mfw AJ sparks wlad in the mid rounds and all the excuses pile up

"w-wlad is old"
"w-wlad is past his p-prime"
"aj g-got lucky"

>Roy jones Jr. is unironically fighting Raoul Moat

All true though lad, writing stutters doesn't change that. Wlad looked bad against Jennings and absolutely awful against Fury. If AJ doesn't win convincingly it says a lot about him to be honest.

>"w-wlad is old"
>"w-wlad is past his p-prime"
these two are the same thing and aren't false.