Why do people fall for these big name school mobile quarterbacks?

Why do people fall for these big name school mobile quarterbacks?

I totally get that many teams NEED qbs and the crop of good or even average qbs coming out of college is miniscule but come on. Wasting a first round selection on a Deshone Kizer-type qb is a waste when you could pick up a good lineman or defensive player. The NFL is a pocket passing league and these mobile guys tend to just break in half after a few years.

Yeah, this year is absolute trash for QB

This draft is a Secondary/Running back draft.

Don't mind me, just getting ready to be a future NFL hall of famer.

Because a mobile qb gives you more options. A qb that can actually read coverages and throw plus being able to do stuff if the play breaks down is theoretically unstopple. Just because it hasn't worked out long term yet doesn't mean they should stop trying

>long term

aaron rodgers?

Off topic but, Do you guys consider David Carr a major draft bust or a smaller bust with the franchise being at fault mostly for putting him behind a shit line with cartoon sack numbers, probably even more comical QB hit numbers and giving him shit receivers?

He seemed like a competent player, but being behind that line and having those receivers probably ruined his career from the beginning.

I didn't follow the NFL back then but he's an enigma to me.

>tfw only one year left with this stud because this year and next year's QB class is straight garbage

Rosen a shit.

Rodgers and Steve Young are like a step below the "ideal guy" as far as running goes, but yeah that's the general idea.

I like him, but USC QB's are like never good kek.

>bad class
>Mason Rudolph
>Baker Mayfield
>Darnold
>Luke Falk
>even the meme running nig

do you know anything?

Carson is good, Cassell never really started and was a low draft pick so it doesn't much count, Sanchez had bust written all over him, Barkley's senior year made it obvious he wouldn't be a good pro which is why he dropped accordingly, Kessler was never thought of as anything other than a reasonable backup.

But fuck me, I thought Leinart was going to be GOAT.

You can teach pocket presence, you can't teach mobility. Look at Dak - he's only going to get better I the pocket and he's still going to have that movement.

I'll let you reach and give you Rudolph. But Luke Falk is a memeass systembaby. He's a poor man's Jared Goff.

Rodgers can't read coverages

ok forget falk then, john ross babby. you can't tell me that mayfield and darnold aren't much better prospects than anyone in the class though, right? i'd take rudolph over anyone from this class but watson.

I bought an american football for kicks today after getting hype from the super bowl.
Why does my ball look so much bigger than the one those guys are holding?
Or are my hands just tiny?

t. Not Trump

>i'd take rudolph over anyone from this class but watson.

LOL

who's better? i'd just love to hear it

Nah, those guys have pretty big hands. You're probably a manlet saying you're from Portugal. (No Offense, out of the like 10 Portuguese people I know none are above 5'8)

I'm 1,77.

You are actually probably tiny compared to these quarterbacks. Most decent QBs will be at least 6'4" and have huge hands for throwing.

I should have explained it better than just a reaction image. I agree with you, but it just goes to show how shit the next 2 years of QB classes are.

Run first qbs will never work, it's been proven time and time again. I don't why coaches always make black qbs run in high school and college instead of developing then right way so they can find long term success in the NFL like manning and Brady. Running QBS can't read defenses for shit and are terrible on mid range passes

David was absolutely set up for failure the moment he arrived in Houston. He never had a chance. He literally developed shell shock from being sacked so fucking much, he never had a chance to develop as a QB because he was running for his life the entire time.
By the time he was out of their, it was too late and the damage was done.

The thing with David is we'll never know how good he could have been. He had all the potential in the world, but Houston ruined him before he could ever get started.

> J-just cuz it hasn't worked don't mean it won't
Lad, better men than these have tried.
>Fran tarkentan
>Steve Young
>Steve McNair
>Donovan McNabb
And they all had to learn to be pocket passers. These guys aren't even close to pro ready.

>thought a month ago was that there would be 0 QBs taken in the first, maybe even 0 in the 2nd because nobody even worth mentioning is coming out
>every mock has 6 taken by the 40s

100 years from now he'll just be lumped in as a bust
Currently he's a bust with an asterisk, since everybody still knows that he only busted because of his situation
Dont forget, he left Houston and became a SB champ

>Leinart floats around being useless
>lands in Houston, is put into the game
>holy cow he looks elit-oh he's down on the ground
>doesn't even have a doctor look at him before saying he knows his season is over
>gone forever after that

Saw David play when I was a wee tike when he was at Fresno State. They played Utah State for his last game and won by like 80 points. Good times

Dak Prescott is a big name school mobile quarterback he did ok

with the best offensive line in the NFL, a top 3 running back in the NFL, and dez bryant and cole beasley? how did he do it???

>dual threat QB all the rage in college
>most recent QB heismans all dual threat
>most top programs all dual threats qbs

So put yourself in the NFL front office. Do you want to draft the heisman winner from Alabama who you can hope to groom as more of a pocket passer. Or do you risk it all and take a pocket passer from Northwestern who led them to a 7-6 record?

I would scout the player, not his program.

>Brady achievements don't count because he has weapons on offence

This is how retarded you sound.

That sounds far too much like common sense my man

You're seriously underestimating the pocket passing skill these QBs possess. They're usually good enough, and it's easier for NFL coaches to coach then into better pocket passers, while still retaining their mobile threat.

>Or are my hands just tiny?

Compared to NFL QBs? Yes. Look at the pump fakes that Big Ben can do with the ball. Try to do a pump fake that quickly. The ball will fly out of your hand.

NFL QBs have freakishly big hands. It's like being able to palm a basketball like Dwight Howard. They're just bigger than normal men.