Tfw born and raised in the UK but am Turk

>tfw born and raised in the UK but am Turk
>tfw wanna be a rapper but people hate rapping in English accent
>rap in american accent and feel fake but sound better

what do caught in this dilemma lads

also snippet of my rap: vocaroo.com/i/s1V8xZhh8wUi

should I rap in both American and English?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4209862/Researchers-reveal-singing-neutralise-accent.html
soundcloud.com/kajus-1/sets/the-life-tape-kajus-x-al-tee
vocaroo.com/i/s1V8xZhh8wUi
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4209862/Researchers-reveal-singing-neutralise-accent.html

>turk

If you go for American work on not slurring your words. Pronounciation is everything

Don't worry about accent, a lot of people with English accents tend to lose it to the more neutral stereotypical American accent. It's believed that the American accent originated from it being a very natural way to speak, and may have been how Brits spoke until aristocrats began to speak differently to appear higher up socially.

Listen to any British singer and you'll realise they almost always lose their accent (excluding the proclaimers)

Rapping should be the same, be comfortable with how you pronounce and form words, and do anything you can to keep your flow smooth

>grime uses british accents
grime is British rap if you didn't know bro

I do have a grime flow (people tell me) but I have an american accent, I just feel it's more chill and nicer on the ears and gives more personality idk

ree

was my snippet's flow shit (slurred etc?)

and also I feel like I'll get so much shit for rapping in american accent cause the UK scene try to keep their british accent

It wasn't slurred but it was hard to make out some words. It wasn't bad user and you'll only get better if you stick st it.

Who gives a shit if other k you should rap in a British accent. Fuck them. If you're able to rap in an American accent well and comfortably, why shouldn't you.

thanks bro do you think I can be a good rapper with time?

Rather than your accent I'd work on your flow

I think with practice you could be great

any major flaws that you noticed?

to me it sounds smooth and nice but obviously I am but one man

thanks bro

Listen to slick rick, he did a good in between.

I feel ya born in Finland but do rap in English soundcloud.com/kajus-1/sets/the-life-tape-kajus-x-al-tee

oh and why the fuck your music on vocaroo

I'm not a rapper bro, I want to be tho

I've been writing lyrics for years but never uploaded or did anything with them, desu don't know where to start but I'd like to fix my flow and get my accent right first do you get what I mean

I do have a soundcloud (with nothing on it) tho so I'll follow you

aight

Just sounds kinda boring, no emphasis, no pauses, and it's just a one time beat. The reason migos is popular is because they have unique flow, which makes them stand out

it's meant to be an intro of the bigger song that continues the flow of the last rhyme "soul"

there are some pauses and shit in the bigger song but I guess I gotta add more or something

I think I'm going to record the full song and see the feedback on everything desu

>vocaroo.com/i/s1V8xZhh8wUi
oh okay man, well best advice i can give you is get a guy who can mix your music nicely man, been working on mixing myself and its shit, of course get a dude who makes beats you like but I mean that takes time, check out some youtube channels like steezyasfuck for beats to rhyme to and work your flow with and style but yeah man do you most importantly and take advice from others with a grain of salt.

>makes beats you like
I was thinking of doing everything myself, getting myself attune with FL Studio etc so I don't have to deal with the bullshit of dealing with other people and can properly let my creativity expand my music

also listened to your stuff, good shit man

yeah man that's a good idea, will just take time is all, that's one of the reason why i do my own mixes cause i know my voice although its not there yet, even close, but yeah man if you can make your own beats thats dope, I just don't have the skill or the time

how do you get your music out there and heard

like advertised if you can't do shows locally because obviously you rap in english etc

is that trippie redd?

in the pic that's lil pump

the madman lyricist behind D ROSE D ROSE D ROSE

stop trying to be xxxtentacion, there will be no big demand for rap like his, he will vanish by next year

if you really want to rap start learning to mumble rap with guys like lil uzi, trap is what you should try to do