Will Grimes be the most influential artist of this decade 5-10 years from now?

Will Grimes be the most influential artist of this decade 5-10 years from now?

Other urls found in this thread:

yuki.la/mu/69759296
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no.

Insofar as pop stars are concerned, yes. Because she's the only one out there (agaik) doing things like making sample packs for other musicians to make music with. In 10 ten years Grimes' influence is going to be HUGELY influential to the music world, Just more likely in terms of what music ends up sounding like rather than what some music journalist has to say about what's important.

* out there (afaik)...
lol

No

she's literally doing nothing that would be inspirational for others down the raod, her music sounds very contemporary and average with a quirky edge to it

she has good taste in music tho so maybe her next one will actually be good

holy mother of non-sequiturs
>she makes sample packs
>therefore all pop musicians are going to use said sample packs and the entire landscape of popular music is going to change to revolve around said sample packs
???

no

What is this shitty Grimes meme dude? I kinda like her stuff but she's nothing revolutionary.

How long do you want to live?

lol no only fans have heard her shit she is lame and irrelevant

no

she is the female viper, a literal meme

New fag here who is this semen demon

It's joanna newsom. Now fuck off back to whatever board you came from

How old are you? Because only a teenager would believe such an obvious flavor of the month would be anything but a footnote in a few years time

Are there even any contemporary artists referencing her?

inspirational =/= influential

Go read a dictionary.

>therefore all pop musicians
>all pop musicians
First of all, not other pop musicians - other electronic music producers (you know, the people who ACTUALLY MAKE the music you hear today) and secondly, obvious not ALL of them. To my knowledge Grimes has so far already officially contributed to the latest generation of music making equipment from at least two major players in the music tech field (Fender and Roli.) And I have no doubt that she's going to contribute to more. Her sonic signature is officially starting to spread to members of the music-making world in a tangible way that normally doesn't happen with people like her. That's influence of the purest kind.

Musicians are like painters: they use brushes (instruments) to make paintings (songs) using different colors of paint (sounds.) Grimes is out there adding her own unique colors of paint (sounds) to the plethora of colors available to other artists (musicians) for completing their paintings (songs.) Therefore - influence.

None of this matters if her music sucks.

>t. obviously not a professional musician

>grimes sounds are unique
hate to break it to you user, but any idiot with a synth could recreate her sounds in a matter of minutes

fpbp

>she has good taste in music
lol

Fucking Christ find some respect for yourself user

lol

lol

>go read a dictionary

inspiration is the basis of influence you twigdick pseud

user is a gril

No

>Grimes has so far already officially contributed to the latest generation of music making equipment from at least two major players in the music tech field (Fender and Roli.)
provide a source on this. i highly doubt she contributed anything to the engineering of instruments. if anything they just slapped her name on a model to make it a collector's item.

>t. not old/socially-developed enough to be posting on the internet

grimes will never be the most influential artist this decade so long as death grips exist

bump

Good point

this is sad

I hope not.

besides the fact that they're both one of the most influential acts of the decade, direct death grips influence = indirect grimes influence, which means that grimes is more influential
yuki.la/mu/69759296

so yeah got that Sup Forums relevance going on on a dead board

Great samefag, fag

ive seriously never heard one grimes song. i literally know her from here.

how's middle school?

it's most likely going to be choa but grimes is okay too

Literally who?

>Are there even any contemporary artists referencing her?
Yes. e.g. Lorde, Gorillaz, The Avalanches.

Aren't you curious to hear her music?

You can stop shilling on my back user

It sucks according to you. Which is completely irrelevant.

>hate to break it to you user, but any idiot with a synth could recreate her sounds in a matter of minutes
Then why aren't there songs like Be a Body, Circumambient, Kill V. Maim, Dream Fortress, Scream, Avi, Venus Fly, etc etc? Be an idiot and try to recreate her sounds; let's see what you get.

Claire

>hater detected

Choa

Stop.

SCREEEEEEEEE GET OUT OF HERE WEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBB SCREEEEEEEE

Feel cheated?

sure you can recreate anything you here. Did they come up with it in the beginning?

love the choa, respect the choa

don't angry frog me

fuck me i know who you are i argued you in a different thread about a different topic and you posted the images of the same girl also kill yourself and stay on your containment thread you flesh eating bacteria

who cares she ugly af lol

>J Cole
What a pleb

yes, every morning i think about her for 10-15 min. then I go wash myself.

i bet you lost that argument too also choa can't be contained

The most influential artist of this decade is Kanye West. If you don't think so you're living in denial

>Paul McCartney called him a genius
>Has changed the entire pop music industry
>Opened the path for the most popular artists (Drake/The Weekend)
>introduced Nicki Minaj to the world

nah you fucked off for a while and the thread 404'd

ps : fuck off back to your containment board you flesh eating bacteria

>Has changed the entire pop music industry

pop music industry is complete shit

>Opened the path for the most popular artists (Drake/The Weekend)

cancer

>introduced Nicki Minaj to the world

*pukes*

so he basically was hitler of music

respect choa and don't argue with me because you will lose and no thread can contain choa

>gook whore pretending to be white

wew

she's not pretending to be anything, she's just park choa the greatest musician on earth

>this is what dog eaters actually believe

Can someone explain to me why Sup Forums has such a boner for Grimes? I don't think her music's bad, but it's nothing new at all.

>Being this Reddit
Jesus Christ. First the meme spaces then the Hitler comparison. Just go back to sucking dick.

this is what everyone believes and soon you will too

we don't like grimes anymore, choa is the best now

>eating dog testicle

that's a strawberry and it's her favorite

bumperino

choa appreciates you keeping her thread alive

It's not her thread, you pesky spammer.

Unironically this

well she's here now so it's her thread

>two random neckbeards fighting over a gook and a dog piss smelling hobo who supposedly make "music"
one more thread to hide, cant wait for summer to end

still waiting on this grimesfag

STOP

Harsh noise guys like her

Lorde is the only one that actually admits influence, but I still don't sense any influence from Grimes in her music. Both are trash.

none of those songs that are supposed to sound alike actually sound alike though, nor did Grimes pioneer the screeching high voice over instrumentals.

Your opinion is stupid just like you.

grimes literally influences nothing i have not heard of a single person saying theyre influenced by grimes except for dumbasses on this board and theres no worries there because nobody here will ever make important music

It's too soon to measure her influence, you dip. Give her 5-10 more years and you see the impact of her artistry.

no.

I recall david byrne being influenced by grimes (he is also a collector of rare grimeses), and that blur fag.

Can someone post more pics like this one?

here

>inspiration is the basis of influence
Ergo not the same thing.

user, you're on Sup Forums. What are you hoping to prove?

demo on that pic she's not kissing another girl!!!!!!!!

David Byrne influenced Grimes more than the other way around

>Lorde
>Gorillaz
>The Avalanches
As if any of these are anything more than flavor of the month artists too.

You're wrong about Gorillaz

>you're stupid because you don't like my favorite artist

Oh, sure, the overlooked geniuses right there. Transforming contemporary music with every album. Just be honest and don't over romanticize to such lengths.

Exactly

post pictures of grimes being cute and having fun. Like the one where she is laying on the ground wearing pajamas.