>does that make it good
>uh I guess
(it doesn't)

went downhill after nonagon infinity

I thought it was good i don't really care about the microtoans

NORMIE GET OUT

broccoli cheddar soup

Unironically no

As someone who works at Panera and loves Sun Kil Moon, fuck broccoli cheddar soup. It's shit. It's not hard to make, but it smells like shit, way too many people get it, and it's more difficult than nearly any other soup to clean out.

But there's a loooooot of albums better than that one since then. Very many. That's if you ask me though. It's all subjective.

Hello

this. Any other answer is a contrarian pleb.

OP btfo

Elevator music

Lmao you clearly haven't listened to it with comprehension

holy shit dude absolutely not

Miles ahead. MPP and Currents don't even come close to this masterpiece.

Agree but don't lump Currents in with MPP. Currents is complete garbage.

Threw Currents in just to shut those bandwagon fans the fuck up

Currents is goid m8

Not really, plebs rank it the holy grail yet they've never listened to Lonerism.

Heckin' fuck no.

Fall Be Kind and Sleep Cycle are as good if not better.

I mean sure but Innerspeaker is better than both so

Probably the best album of the decade

the first 3 songs are golden, but honestly i think it falls of a bit right at mind mischeif

yes plenty because this album blows
its ok, rattlesnake is a great song with tons of krautrock esque rhythm in it which i really dig but the rest is pretty forgettable

Nah, lonerism is the best so far

correct

Incorrect, Lonerism is far superior to Innerspeaker. Better more interesting songwriting overall than throwback 60s core on Innerspeaker

What position do you work? I used to work there for a few years.

what it is?

lol

Tame Impala - Lonerism

Lonerism has better lyrics and catchier melodies but the drawn out style of Innerspeaker just sits so well with me. The bass and drum lines are sweet and it's more psychedelic

>tfw grew tired of MPP
There are other AnCo albums which I consider more interesting

also there are always parts of Tame songs that I love and wish went longer (the last riff on Elephant, the riff on Let it Happen, the riff on Enders Toi) but on Innerspeaker that doesn't happen because Parker actually lets all the good stuff stay for a while

Lonerism is stronger overall, more experimental more intriguing more sonically adventurous. Innerspeaker does a great job at capturing the late 60s early 70s but thats it

I don't think I'd call any Tame Impala experimental
Lonerism is really poppy, which works, but it often leaves me wanting more from the songs because everything is direct and goes as fast as it comes
Innerspeaker meanders about more and I think it works really well

Also Sun's Coming Up is such a let down after Nothing That Has Happened So Far Has Been Anything We Could Control

i meant experiemntal like he took more risks and tried to create a new sound that wasnt just borrowing only from the psych sounds of the past. for example be above it is one of their strangest songs and it opens the album, while innerspeaker opens with its not meant to be one of their most catchy and upbeat. im sure that was an intentional desicion too. he wanted innerspeaker to be a comfortable listening experience but lonerism is more of a concept he put together with new songs he was working on and bits and pieces of older material

Sun's COming Up is such a great closer to the album. its nice to hear a real piano after so much synthesizers and electronic keyboards, and then half way it turns into an instrumental that was leftover from innerspeaker to bring everything full circle. its a personal song he wrote about his dad so its symbolic it ends the album and his psych phase as he entered his synthpop phase

Gotta Be Above It isn't strange it's just a good opener. I agree that Lonerism is more diverse and has more ideas, but that doesn't necessarily make it better and it's a comfy listening experience too and has no concept

Keep On Lying to Nothing That Has Happened is a great stretch if the album ended there it'd be better

Every time I go to panera I get that soup and enjoy the fuck out of it

On Lonerism he was literally just trying to make cheesy pop songs because that's what he was into at the time.

>Gotta Be Above It isn't strange it's just a good opener.
its not a standard pop song at all and its structure isnt conventional
yeah i know he was making cheesy pop and thats in a much better direction than just redoing the 6y0s psych rock thing again.

I'm really glad this turned into a Tame thread, thus making my opinion correct.

wasnt even the best in the year it came out

This is actually something I agree with. Everything released this decade has just sounded too soulless and derivative to really compete.

you're retarded my friend

this

MPP is so much better than anything Tame Impala has ever done it's not even funny.

you wish

It's probably the best pop album since 2009.

I would say more but I can't be bothered.

venn rain - place in world (2011)

pffffffffft

currents is easily their best dumbass
i've listend to tame probably more than anybody on this board

how the fuck can anyone agree with this, Lonerism is mediocre as fuck

unironically this

This album is great but it came out in 2007

oh yeh, I'm retarded sorry