Recently listened to this, and quite liked it. Should I check out their other albums if I want more of it?

Recently listened to this, and quite liked it. Should I check out their other albums if I want more of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NadDzObCTSo
youtube.com/watch?v=XkS-ySqJx7g
youtu.be/P2LONvMWK-8?t=58s
youtu.be/BLXfuH8xCZY?t=57
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Absolutely, check out Rated R and the self-titled release first. The later stuff is still good, just very different from the style of their first three. Also check out Kyuss' discography starting with Welcome to Sky Valley.

Self-titled and Rated R are the heaviest. After LTP, they become more dancy and less heavy

Head's up that ...Like Clockwork and Songs For The Deaf are head and shoulders above the rest of their discography, so watch your expectations and you'll probably like the rest. ...Like Clockwork is generally accepted as the better of the two, but it's a bit of a preference piece.

>...Like Clockwork is generally accepted as the better of the two

You couldn't be more wrong. SFTD is THE rock-n-roll masterpiece of the century.

They can still be pretty heavy.
youtube.com/watch?v=NadDzObCTSo

Pretty sure most rate SFTD and rated R higher than Like Clockwork?

Oh, my bad I guess, might be. I was under the impression that LC was widely considered the magnum opus.

Check out Self-Titled for some Kyuss overlap.You don't have to listen to all of Lullabies to Paralyze but Everyone Knows Your Insane and Blood is Love stands out from it.

this post here is all you need to know
early Fu Manchu is pretty chill as well

Old Fu best Fu. Early Nebula as well

Yes, the first albums are pretty good. The later ones are a little bit different, but still good. Also check them crooked vultures

>rated R higher than Like Clockwork
Only Kyussfags feel this way.

agree

youtube.com/watch?v=XkS-ySqJx7g

Pretty much every live version of Fun Machine is better than the actual recorded version.
youtu.be/P2LONvMWK-8?t=58s

Yeah I know but I was lazy. To be fair, pretty much all live version of qotsa's song are better live as long as the sound is good.

My favorite version was thankfully recorded for Over the Years and Through the Woods

youtu.be/BLXfuH8xCZY?t=57

deaf > r = s/t > ev > ...lc > ltp

R > Deaf = ...LC > S/T > EV > LTP

The songs on it that are good are definitely some of the best rock and roll songs of the last century. However there are way too many boring filler tracks to make the album as a whole live up to that statement.

what would you say the best tracks/filler tracks are? just wondering, trying to gauge opinion

Rated R is actually better

Sky is falling, go with the flow, no one knows, any nick olivieri screamy tracks. All highlights for me.

For me at least:

>The Sky Is Fallin'
>Hanging Tree
>Do It Again
>God Is On The Radio
>Song For The Deaf

oh my bad I misread. those I just posted are the filler tracks.

the best tracks for me (in order)

>Song For The Dead
>You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar
>First It Giveth
>Go With The Flow
>No One Knows

The rest of the tracks are pretty decent but nothing special.

>the sky is fallin
>go with the flow
>hanging tree
>god is on the radio
>song for the deaf
>"nick oliveri screamy tracks"
>filler
the pleb filter worked i see

whoops, im autistic and didnt see that you were posting highlights

I wasn't. I didn't post the thing about the screamy tracks because I like those.

All the other songs listed are in my opinion filler tracks though.

>Ginger Elvis and Co is coming out with a new album next week
FUCK I CANT WAIT

>>Hanging Tree
>>God Is On The Radio
>>Song For The Deaf
>filler
Fucking kill yourself.

chill dude it's just my opinion

Thinking that some of their best work is filler is a fucking retarded opinion

Stop being such a fucking cunt

QOTSA has at least two styles. There's the really tight riffing from Songs for the Deaf, and there's the more sleazy and loose sound from S/T. Which you prefer will dictate your ranking. So I my ranking is
Era Vulgaris > S/T > Songs for the Deaf > ...Like Clockwork > Rated R > Lullabies to Paralyze
although none of these albums is bad.

Me too brethren. Got hip to these guys in middle school when SFTD was new and have been a fan since.

This is exactly my ranking too. Did you play with the track list for Era Vulgaris at all? I mixed it around with the bonus tracks, and removed battery acid and 3s & 7s and it became a solid 10/10. I really like the aesthetic it has.

Check their B-sides and Desert Sessions.

Fact is, QOTSA peaked with with this album when it comes to Pop Stoner. So you might wanna go backwards into Kyuss.

Needless to say High on Fire is where its at.