What solution are there to stop the opiate epidemic from taking more lives?

What solution are there to stop the opiate epidemic from taking more lives?

Other urls found in this thread:

peele.net/lib/heroinoverdose.html
heroinhelper.com/user/health/sudden_death_part_3.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanton_Peele
dictionary.com/browse/social-contract
knowyourmeme.com/memes/cadbortion-loss-edits
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Let them all die

give out free fentanyl and heroin

The government needs to start to lace all captured opiate stashes with lethal chemicals to kill people who take them. This gets people too scared to use the drug in case its been tampered with.

Problem solved.

/thread

CANNIBIS

These are some solutions right here.

Alcohol kills way more people than opiates.

Most people switch to heroin when they lose access to prescribed opiates. So keep prescribing them.

Also we're led to believe that this pic is of an OD but how many junkies would tie off, inject their drugs, put their belt back on, then slump over from the OD?

That, and the pic doesn't look anything like the guy to me.

why ? just let those pathetic junkies die, they aren't worth anything. fuck, they don't even know how to use a fucking scale or test their shit

>doesn't look anything like the guy
in the top left picture
>to me.

>give out free fentanyl and heroin

I see no problem with this. A huge amount of low-level crime like burglary, car theft and mugging would stop, and those who want to abuse drugs can have all they want.

Yes, some people who avail themselves of free heroin would die, but not because it was free - it would be because they chose to do it.

The amount of taxpayer money spent on 911 calls for ODs is getting out of hand. One county police department near me reported that 75% of the 911 calls this year are for ODs. 75%! Each call ends up spending $300 on a narcan dose and it's not unusual for responders to have to revive the same damn person twice in one day.

Give it out free, give them a place to use, and if they OD, they OD.

Stop prescribing Oxycontin to anyone who goes to the doctor for chronic mild shoulder pain. In a perfect world we would also send DEA Blackhawks down to Mexico to the house of every known cartel associate and tear their ass up with miniguns then burn them down Colombian cocaine shack style.

Not knowing is one thing, then there's not viable. You can 'dip your toes in the water' and play it safe with every new bag you get but that doesn't stop unscrupulous dealers from giving out hot bags loaded with fentanyl with the express purpose of killing junkies who have been using for decades. They do this to increase sales because "Holy shit Boo is selling some strong shit, did you hear that old man Junkie ODed on his stuff? Gotta get me some of that before it's all gone. It must be strong."

Saying something like "Well if they're not smart enough to carry around a chemical testing set to check for content and purity then they deserve to die" is just ignorant and/or bait.

His glasses are on the table

The problem with this is that it upsets too many conservatives. That's it, that's the only problem. It's proven to work (eliminates addict crimes, ODs, etc...) and countries like Switzerland and now Canada are doing just that.

Do nothing. The problem will solve itself.

>Saying something like "Well if they're not smart enough to carry around a chemical testing set to check for content and purity then they deserve to die" is just ignorant and/or bait.

first world countries have free drug testing services

Make all drugs legal. If they wanna kill themselves, well that is their choice but at least they would have less lethal drugs available to them if they choose not to kill themselves.

Yeah, just like all women should just learn how to defend themselves from rapists?

But what's the story here? Was he just released from prison and that's why he ODed or did he get a buzzcut (and presumably a skin pigment alteration surgery) to throw the authorities off?

replace OD units with a simple body disposal service

might not solve the problem, but it decreases taxpayer dollars used

are you saying women are weaker than men and deserve special protections that men dont?

no, he's not saying that at all

What are you even trying to say here? Aside from trying to make a false equivalency.

I know it's edgy to say fuck em all, and let em die!
But let me share this with you all. Opioids are a very different drug than regular loser junkie drugs, and they claim anyone and everyone. Not just junkies. Opioids don't discriminate.
I was hooked on them for a while, thru no choice of my own. And I detest junkies.
I was in a car crash. Had my arm ripped out by the seatbelt, crushed 5 of my 7 neck vertebrae. After a bunch of surgeries, I was on heavy doses of oxys and other filth. After a while, you become dependent. It's simply chemical. Your body and mind need them.
When I realized it, I quit cold turkey. It was horrific for about 4 weeks. I've been off them for 12 months and love life again. They completely fuck up your brain. I'm a married professional with a daughter and own 2 companies. Always hated junkies, and thru a car crash became one for a while.
A good friend of mine is a surgeon. He went skiing in WV, fell, broke his leg. Ffw a couple of months and he's writing his own scripts. Ended up in serious trouble. Nearly lost his license. He went to a clinic and eventually got off them.

Fact is, opioids are not like other "drugs of choice". I don't know what the solution is. Mine was pure willpower. But I can tell you this, they are a life ruining, horrific bastard.
Also. I'm in the construction industry, and probably a good 60% of all my subcontractors are on them. It's unreal what's happening.
Just my 2 cents.

You would think death scares junkies, but I've heard they go and run to the dealer that sold that killer dose because they think it's gonna be the best.

It would help a bit if you stopped bombing their country

Then the United States is not a first world country, and it's the only country that actually matters.

This, the drug to neutralize the overdose is too damn expensive

>Then the United States is not a first world country
no one except delusional americans ever thought of the usa as a first world country.

>Then the United States is not a first world country
and that proves it.

See that's been a fine and dandy outlook to have the last few centuries running but we're talking about the 'epidemic' here where there are higher numbers of users and ODs than any point in history before.

But you can go on believing that junkies can only breed with other junkies, or that there's a set amount of junkies in the world and it's only a matter of time before they run out if you want to. It's the internet. No one can force you not to be ignorant.

Educate people on safe drug use. Most of these deaths from opiate overdoses do not involve deadly amounts of opiate. These people are dying because they're mixing opiates with benzos and alcohol.

If you overdose on an opiate, and ONLY the opiate, it will take you hours to days to die. Your body will go into a protective coma. If, at any time before you die in that coma, someone gives you an injection of nalaxone, you will live.

So, if you're going to be a fool and use opiates recreationally, at least try to be a living fool, AND DO NOT MIX OPIATES WITH BENZOS LIKE XANAX OR ANY AMOUNT OF ALCOHOL.

let them be, more jobs for us drug free people.

Yeah but then all the drug-related crime would go away and then there'd be a lot of Law Enforcement professionals out of jobs. Not to mention the prison workers, and all the auxiliary jobs that come with staffing prisons.

If you see a dead junkie still tied off, with a needle in his arm and blood coming from his nose, that is not a opiate overdose. That's a quinine overdose. Opiate overdose takes hours to days to kill you. Quinine overdose is insta-death.

Dealers cut heroin with quinine to increase profits and give the drug a better "rush".

spotted the negronigger.

the opiates epidemic only kills white middle class men.

This. In areas that have instituted programs like this it costs the community a fraction of the costs that the crime that the drugs cause.

>safe
>drug use.

pick one, faggot

How long before you relapse, you think? Once a junkie always a junkie, and chances are you're going to have a little party one night to unwind, OD, and leave your daughter -1 parent.

It sucks they didn't teach you how to greentext in homeschool you miserable aspie fuck.

Never user.
I was never a junkie or into drugs at all. You're missing my point user. Never wanted them before, or since. I don't have that personality. That's what I'm saying. Everyone, including you, are a simple accident and surgery away from getting hooked on them.
They are extremely dangerous. That's why we've an epidemic in the country at the min.

I don't know who told you that but they were talking out their asses.

Universal living wage.

Eliminate the need for escape from reality and people will stop trying to escape from reality.

peele.net/lib/heroinoverdose.html

heroinhelper.com/user/health/sudden_death_part_3.shtml

A little help, anons, I don't get this.

Please cite credible sources if you're trying to back up a point. =D

I don't understand the symbol she made, but I think that's the point. I think it's illustrating that if you say or do something right on the internet, you get no attention. But, if you just fuck it up completely, you get attention from everywhere.

How about you check out the information, first. If the information is credible, then the source is irrelevant. I can put together a list of academic resources, each of which will have pieces of the puzzle. But you'll never read through them all, and never put the puzzle together for yourself. The sites I gave you may not be well-known, but they take the information gained from academic and medical resources and put it together in a neat, easy-to-read format.

>credible sources

>Stanton Peele

Uh...Maybe you're not up on drug recovery treatment, but Stanton Peele has been one of the leading researchers, practitioners, teachers, and authors on the subject for the last 40+ years.

woke

They tried that with hooch during prohibition. Did that work?

People are injecting shit that randomly kills you already.

Admittedidly I did skip over "heroinhelper" but only after I saw your first source was complete bullshit promoting a self-help book. How much first-hand experience do you actually have with ODs? Like EMT, first response. Hell, you don't even need that, just look at the OD toxicology on high profile OD cases like, idk, the lead singer of Sublime or something. There was no Quinine and he was found slumped over and all that jazz. You adding details like "with their nose bleeding" is entirely irrelevant to anything said before and only serves to fit your narrative, just like your bogus sources. You read one thing about overdoses, then saw a thread about overdoses and jumped at the chance to share what little (albeit flawed) knowledge you had on the subject.

tl;dr
real recognize real

and real recognize when fake cites bunk sources (big red flag) =D

[Source: Random shitposter on Sup Forums]

Natural selection at work this looks great. World too crowded right now.

Getting baited by idiots. No one else in this thread is arguing against the idea that "People don't overdose on opiate" because everyone knows better.

so you're telling us right now that drugs cant be 'safe' to use?
Let me ask you... are you retarded?

>the opiates epidemic only kills white middle class men.

May wanna check that. In my county we get a rash of overdoses in the first few days of the month cause that's when the autism bux come in. Appalachia is like that. County of 47,000 is losing three people a month to heroin.

This is why it's not simple. The economy is just gone, there's no jobs and no hope. Happy successful people are less likely to do dangerous drugs. They get a script and pills and know what they're shooting up. The danger of the heroin is not knowing what's in it and the DEA has made certain pill prices on the street are much higher than heroin. They've installed suboxin "clinics" to maintain people's addiction and hand out approved opiates.

The nose bleeding is not an irrelevant detail. It's a sign of pulmonary embolism, which is caused by quinine overdose.

The first link is from Stanton Peele's website. You should know who he is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanton_Peele

He's not a self-help guru. He's a psychotherapist and leading practictioner and researcher in addiction for decades.

fucking kys

nope, I just don't do drugs like you.

this is ethical solid and a very pragmatic solution
when someone wants to destroy himself let him, but i think there should still be programms to help the ones that want to stop their addiction

I once mixed crack with heroin with prescription pills, like valium and xanax with 10 % beer with weed.... I saw ghosts on the walls at a certain point but no OD

Not even caffeine?

Keep tryin'. You'll make it!

where I live the economy is booming, jobs are everywhere and we have one of the worst heroin problems anywhere

ibogaine

"Stop caring about dumb shit" ~ Gary Vaynerchuk

mandatory 1 year incarceration in a mental hospital/overdose facility. Mandatory job training in a trade, trucking, or initiation of a 2 year associates. 1-2 year parole with weekly drug testing for the first 8 months. Still cheaper than repeat admissions and trips to the ICU.

I'm clean for 3 months now

The opiate Epidemic (or any other narcotic) is not the real issue. To prove my point, simply imagine any given 35 year old addict wakes up one day and decides that you are correct and “drugs are bad”. The addict promises to abstain from drugs in return for “living life”. It is the exchange that fails and the real issue. The 35 year old ex-addict does not have the support structure to simply say, “I have made a mistake” and move on. They will experience a harsh and unforgiving world of minimum wage and no savings. They will not be able to save enough money to improve their life through education, entertainment, the arts, activity, or pursue any interest they may have had in their original exchange for “living life”. Their day to day experience will simply be a daily exchange of their labor and the true exchange will be the absolute minimum possible for them to return to work the next day. This is not “living life” and consequently violates the contract that was made in giving up the drugs in the first place. As the contract is broken by the other party the 35 year old is not free to return to drugs.

except that doesn't work with addicts....

In the UK you need to do drug testing to get unemployment benefits... You are warned before that you have to do a drug test ( you get a letter that say ... next week testing blabla) almost all of my former ''friends'' failed the test because they smoked dope the day before...

t. former crackhead

>trucking
wont be a thing in 10 years with the development of self driving cars
while i will never "drive" a self driving car myself i think for the logistics industrie its a godsend gift
maybe teach them something that has a future, or the problem comes back a decade later

'now' not 'not'

the 35 year old is now free to return to drugs

I just think that could help a percentage of addicts. Some addicts cant be saved or changed. They will use until they overdose. I accept that. For them? Make them ineligable for social benefits and let them die. For the ones who need some stern guidance to be successful, do it.

Some roads in the US will be to perilous for autonomous vehicles for many years to come, honestly probably the next 30-50 years. Training is short, and at least in the US trucking provides a 65K+ year job, with benefits.

Who gives a fuck? Legal drugs and saving tax payer money for other shit because there are less cops

Nothing a human can do is going to take any computer 30-50 years to learn. They'll have surpassed us completely in every sort of activity by then.

For a while, there will probably be a need for a human custodian in the vehicle, and only for some, usually short routes. He'll most likely get minimum wage for that.

The era of human labor and invention is drawing to a close.

>contract
junkies really do feel they are special and super entitled

Cool story bro.

start suing the shit out of big pharma for not being able to control their product

>legally define drug use as mental illness
>provide appropriate care to the mentally ill

thin the herd

58.000 deaths in 2017 because Fentanyl - mostly white males aged 25-50.

''Epidemic'' is somewhat an understatement.

Kill me yourself, you gigantic fucking pussy!

Rigor mortis and decomposition changes the pigmentation of the skin.

What up faggots, industrial pharmacist here, keep filling my pockets then dying hahaha i make so much money from these fukn morons

dictionary.com/browse/social-contract

"Epidemic" lol. Dude, there are 7.5 billion people, we can afford to lose a few.

Self Driving cars will likely not be a thing for a good 15-30 years. Imagine if some nigger got hit by the fucking autonomous car on the highway? Even if they were at fault, the manufacturer would be in deep shit. On top of that, we got dickheads who'd run that fucker off the road for shits and giggles, shitty, crumbling infrastructure, large, open areas with little to no 2G/3G/4G coverage, and just shitty drivers in general.
>Tl;Dr Space Teslas will be nothing more than Elon Musk's wet dream

Learn knowyourmeme.com/memes/cadbortion-loss-edits

I know what it means, it takes 2 people to make a contract, no one (the 2nd) owes them a thing

trucking companies don't hire former junkies anyway

Are you stupid? Self-driving cars have been a thing for a few years, now. They're on the road right now.

kratom

Pot and reduced usage of opoids in prescriptions.

I meant SDCs that would completely replace human drivers
>Dumbass

More people die from overdoses than car accidents. That's a big problem.

>opiate epidemic
This is a self correcting problem. No one just wakes up addicted to heroin. You have to go out find it and do it. And don't give me that I was on pain pills now I'm addicted shit. Go get help not heroin. You weren't prescribed heroin. The more that die the better. This is money we could spend on better shit like the Nigger epidemic, terrorism and our failing road system. When I hear of an overdose death I stand and clap.

Yeah, I know. Google maps cars haven't had human drivers in years. Where have you been?