‘Daily Show’ audience slipping with Noah as host

>The man who replaced Jon Stewart as host of “The Daily Show” on Sept. 28, 2015, has seen half the show’s audience disappear in a year.

>Having started off with more than 1 million viewers, Noah has slipped to 810,000, compared to the 1.9 million viewers Stewart had before he went off the air in August 2015.

>TV industry sources say Noah would have been replaced already if Comedy Central hadn’t already pulled the plug on “The Nightly Show With Larry Wilmore,” which had equally dismal ratings, but less of a millennial following on social media.
pagesix.com/2016/09/11/daily-show-audience-slipping-with-noah-as-host/

How come people don't like le funny black jon stewart man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vMpHqC5RyR8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because he's not le funny black man. If he was I'd actually watch it.

This guy isn't funny and is nothing like Jon Stewart or Colbert. He's a genuinely angry South African man who has brought his experiences with racism in his home country here with him in the form of an out of context chip on his shoulder. He has no business hosting this show whatsoever, he isn't an American on top of being a poor comedian.

Stewart and Colbert were with us, we'd laugh because we didn't want to cry. But Noah was an outsider looking in and just laughing.

>South African man who has brought his experiences with racism in his home country

But user, they got rid of apartheid in South Africa.

Now it's a progressive culture free of hate.

He isn't funny
He isn't American

He might also be too young to come across as an authority figure (yes Stewart and Colbert were comedians, but most viewers also found them knowledgeable)

>>TV industry sources say Noah would have been replaced already if Comedy Central hadn’t already pulled the plug on “The Nightly Show With Larry Wilmore,”

Kek, Comedy Central can't fire them both at the same time because they'll be called racist. But he'll be gone soon enough.

B-b-but ignorant, sensationalist retards told me America is the most racist country in the world!

this is really it, it's not the same.

I wonder if CC regrets going full SJW pandering yet.

Probably, but they won't learn from it. I bet they replace him with a woman.

Doubtful. They'll most likely just default to a charismatic white guy after their failures. Does anyone care about Samantha Bee?

I would have said Samantha Bee but her show is just haha I'm a woman.

really fucking lowbrow, especially for her

Most likely. Comedy is antithetical to social justice shit since they can't laugh at anything other than straight white men. It limits joke potential since you have to walk on eggshells to not offend. It's an inherently serious movement with no room for humor.

Too ugly.

Rob Riggle was better.

He's not smart enough, Jason Jones?

wasn't this the guy who said his ancestors were super intelligent for figuring out they could dip their leather shields in water and inventing the short stick?

The alt right strikes once again, disgusting.

I haven't seen her show. Is it as bad as the commercials make it seem? The commercials are just DUDE REPUBLICAN MEN LMAO mixed in with quotes from shitty sources telling you that you should like the show. And when a show feels the need to tell you have to like it, it's usually a shitty show.

yeah it is, and you can see that it can be so, so much better, it's all there but they stick to this bullshit non-objective narrative

Yep.

He forgot the part where they all got annihilated the second the commanding officers decided to actually put up some sort of defensive position instead of just not doing anything and laying around too

Nobody is saying the Zulus didn't dominate the surrounding tribes with their shorter sticks but the whole "they put up such a big fight against the white man!" thing is a big meme if you actually go and try to read up on what happened

Samantha Bee mind

Holy fuck the SJWs are losing

It seems companies are realizing that twitter isn't really a good metric to judge the popularity of something.

Checked.

Because execs over at comedy central have failed to realize that being progressive -while a safe option for keeping an audience- hurts the bottom line when you have shit talent.

Looks too nerdy. CC is fucked.

because they don't participate in the things they hate on, they just see it, objectify it as bad and make a big stink. When it changes they don't spend money on it they just move on to the next thing.

Marvel comics is crashing and burning because they pandered, DC is going gangbusters with their soft reboot ReBirth

vidya that panders is losing its long term audience, it's happening all over the place.

maybe the fad will die soon.

>“And Trevor Noah is representative of
the much-needed diversity the late-night landscape is sorely lacking.”

Why? You want to lose more money?

Bring back Steve Carrel?

Why is it "much needed"?

LMAO REPUBLICANS AMRITE

good fuck this faggot how the fuck did he get picked for this gig? he's a fucking nobody

It's always the biracial ones who seem to be the most angsty.

I don't give a fuck about darkies
#bringbackcraig
#scottlivesmatter
#fuckfatties
#fuckcarkaraoke

The tide is turning, my white friend. And when Emperor Trump ascends to the Freedom Throne we will once and for all purge the galaxy of their horrid putrescence.

They are. Have you ever met any hapas? They blame white people for every personal problem of theirs while still wanting to fuck them and look like them.

Mulattoes seem to be of the same ilk.

not even the SJWs like Noah though. I mean, I even saw an article on salon saying that he's not funny and the show sucks now

What the fuck is up with Colbert by the way? He seems more political now than when he has an explicitly political show. It's a shame because Strangers with Candy was so good and I thought he would return to just trying to be funny.

It's not that they're the most angry; it's that their white genes naturally give them a higher IQ compared to their barbarous dindu brothers and they're more able to communicate their unfounded anger in a more intelligent and calm manner.

They should have known that comedy=/ politically correct.

>Noah has slipped to 810,000

My sister's makeup tutorial gets more views

post a link, I have a fetish for girls who don't know I'm sexualizing them.

Can someone explain to me why they lose more good will from people for firing these black host for not bringing in audiences than they got good will for hiring them in the first place?

Because if it is worse to fire a black guy than it is to not hire one in the first place then what the people complaining about this are creating is a system in which black show hosts are a huge risk.

I mean more than they already are by not bringing in audiences.

Craig was one of the best.

>angry South African man who has brought his experiences with racism in his home country here
He's going to chop up white farmers with a machete here too?

Because, having a show thats almost 100% "oh damn look what dem wite bois did now they evil! wite 'people' am i rite senpai? hahaa" is going to alienate the majority of your audience.

It's like owning a restaurant and spitting in everyone's food in front of them, and then wondering why nobody comes back.

Craig comes off as a true american as well, no one would have a problem with him doing political satire like they do with Noah or Oliver

Because he is not a funny black man.
This is a funny black man, just for comparison.
youtube.com/watch?v=vMpHqC5RyR8

>cable TV show shits on white people
>only white people can afford cable TV

theres like 4 or 5 of these liberal talk shows that have been running since the early 2000's which give the exact same kind of safe, pc,self righteous, not at all edgy or ground breaking comedy. Why are you surprised some of them are going down the shitter.

Even MDE: World Peace has better ratings than this faggot.

Because it is the current year XD

there were 2, Daily Show and Bill Maher, then Colbert got a spin-off

the others weren't talk shows just shitty news segments like Maddow

>implying blacks are the majority viewers of a leftist political comedy show

I think the smart move is have two news comedy shows, the daily show or something entirely new and a right leaning news show, like a Red Eye.

He's appealing to a group he is way too old for, his jokes are laser targeted at Republicans and they are stale, and it's clear they have Colbert but not good writers backing him.

it's a meme you dip

you mean the Colbert Report?

He was fucking cringe at the RNC. Didn't see anything of his at the DNC, bet he was sucking Hillaries rotten sour clit while flogging himself for being born white wearing a cock cage with spikes inside.

>Strangers with Candy
that was 100% Amy Sedaris

God this would be perfect

How has no one thought of this

No something actually right wing like a Steve Crowder or like Red Eye or Greg Gutfield, that Andy Daly I think on his show is fucking great.

>Not 1488.

I'm not a Republican but seriously, the horse is dead. Find a new topic.

Jimmy Fallon is getting like that too. I think the Clinton foundation pays them by the joke.

Another reason why these shows are doing so poorly is that they base the writing teams of identity politics. They try and cram as many brown people and vaginas on the writing panel as opposed to choosing them based on their comedic merits. That's why you end up with a show with lackluster jokes and content which is directed at men/white people/republicans with a bitter snarky tone.

Only tangentially related to OP but if Hillary really does drop out of the race, I don't know if anyone can stand against Trump.

A) Crowder isn't funny enough for that format
B) He gets too confrontational and butthurt when guests don't espouse his belief set
C) #NeverDaily

>They blame white people for every personal problem of theirs while still wanting to fuck them and look like them.

>Mulattoes seem to be of the same ilk.

Not really. It depends on what we look like. Unlike hapas, mulattoes tend to look like just one race or the other, and we just identify with whatever race we look like. My sister and I pass as white (wavy hair, light skin, "white" facial features) so we never bitch about white people. On the other hand, mulattos who look like Colin Kaepernick are all "fuck white people senpai amirite?"and immerse themselves fully in black culture, enjoying the best of the black women (it's a fucked up fact in black culture that 'lightskins' are seen as more attractive).

In either case, mulattoes tend to handle being mixed race better than most hapas.

DUDE WHITE PEOPLE SUCK.
WE CAN'T JUST GENOCIDE THEM ALREADY?

Maybe if they brought Bernie back? It's suicide if they go with anyone else.

No shit Shazbot

>>In either case, mulattoes tend to handle being mixed race better than most hapas.
Okay yeah of course.

But that is not saying much considering how fucking insane hapas are.

i think this is true for virtually any group in America. race is extremely shallow, and "white" no longer exclusively means European.

I have read articles that argue that a Hillary clinton corpse would be better than Trump.

Maybe if Obama says he runs for another term. I could see him winning against Trump.

Some hapas have it really rough tbf, especially the ones who are the children of mail-order brides or Chinese girls who jumped on an awkward American guy's dick for a green card. Really can't blame them for going insane.

Democrats have become too warped to support Sanders. Probably just won't vote. Meanwhile, now the Trump has a foothold available, he just has to wait it out.

You're not an American, are you?

except he wrote it

>Maybe if Obama says he runs for another term.

He can't. The 22nd Amendment prevents a President from serving more than two terms, otherwise Reagan and Bill Clinton both probably would have tried it.

I am not. Are you saying I am completely off? I know he technically can't run but I see no other democrat winning against trump. Bernie is fucked and lost all credibility.

>and "white" no longer exclusively means European.

Yes, it does. Northwestern European ancestry, specifically.

Biden could probably pull it off.

>Northwestern European ancestry, specifically.

So the Spaniards, the founders of modern racism, aren't white?

The only HAPA I know plays screwdriver music and wants to bring about the day of the rope.

Arab rape babies.

I forgot about Biden but you are right. My point is they don't have enough time to build up another candidate and "introduce" them to the american public so they would have to go with someone already established.

But if Hillary really is as sick as she seems how the fuck could they not have a contingency plan somewhere?

Psshahahahaha no

Honestly Bernie would be the de facto choice and no one at the DNC would want to make him the nominee, so there'd be a split between voters and the party like we see with Trump. It would be a total shit show. I really hope it happens.

It's already a shitshow, user. Those conventions were a nightmare. Coked up Dana White was interesting, though.

>But if Hillary really is as sick as she seems how the fuck could they not have a contingency plan somewhere?

We've had this happen before. Reagan was suffering from Alzheimer's before he even took office, Kennedy was on about half a dozen medications......the contingency plan is supposed to be the Vice President, that's why you usually nominate somebody well-known and experienced. The problem is that Hillary chose a complete nobody as her VP.

>Yes, it does.

not outside of Sup Forums. Americans classify people by what they look like, and it's a shallow selection, and it does not always reflect people exclusively of European, much less Northwestern European, genes. the way race breaks down in jail is more or less how it breaks down in the larger society.

But there aren't any funny genuine republicans

Probably because of all the mental illness

Dems were even scratching their heads

in the early 2000's the DS was different

much more of a pure comedy show

Jesus christ... America really has a problem

But people didn't know about the health issues associated with Reagan and Kennedy, it was kept absolutely secret during their election campaigns.

FDR didn't deliver speeches with stilts for no reason.

I could think of several funny Republican/conservative-leaning comedians (not Crowder, he's shit), it's just that none of them are talk-show host funny.

i couldn't imagine someone like Dipaolo as a show host.

The USA is slowly but surely adopting the South American definition of white.

>(it's a fucked up fact in black culture that 'lightskins' are seen as more attractive).

You mean attractive people are seen as more attractive? It's not a social construct that makes them more attractive, it's a social construct that makes you feel that it's fucked up that light skinned people are more attractive.