en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jazz_genres
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Sanwa killswitches

>get amp fixed like a month or two ago
>sounds great
>recently now it starts to kind of rattle when playing through the neck pickup

fuck this shit

>which one goys
Both were hard to listen to. The second one was stranger than the first.

>tfw only a Gibson™ is good enough

from last thread
g major, mixing blues pent

i definetly need to practice. any specific insights or aspects i can practice?
that thing at 0:49 is a mistake, no intention to sound "jittery mush" or anything like that.
>Their were flashes of brilliance in there
at which time:
>which you need to harness and allow yourself to explore with a freer mind
how do i do that?

no, i started intentionally doing subtle licks. at 0:30 is where the rhythm changes to heavy chords and i changed the lead to fit it.

>plays a combo amp
kys homo

these are the reference tracks (kinda), respectively
youtube.com/watch?v=UqVEYDhUOSk
youtube.com/watch?v=yDJ7Blm6D6E

turns out i actually play in bands and can't lug around a giant fucking head&cab

deal with it weeb

i have a head+1x12cab and i use it when my band gigs.

>i have a head+1x12cab and i use it when my band gigs.

sounds like a giant pain in the ass

plus combo amps can sound way better than traditional ones

>intentionally
My bad. Don't change a thing.

>can't
>...uuugh!
>too heavy!
lmao cuck post a pic of your bitch arms

>sounds like a giant pain in the ass
>plus combo amps can sound way better than traditional ones
yeah, thats probably why everybody use combo marshalls live these days

lol? youre offended because i didnt start the solo full on?

What are you, some kind of sissy boy? I gig with a head and two 100 lb 4x12s. Learn to lift shit, it's not that hard

Local store has a used HSS strat for $300. I ran the serial and it's an 85/86 MIJ. The previous owner repainted it and possibly swapped out the humbucker for something aftermarket. The floyd rose style trem is original, but there's some oxidation on the screws. There's also some light surface rust on the pickups and locking part between neck and headstock. Minor wear and tear on the body paint but that doesn't bother me.

I played it and it sounded and felt comfy, am I looking at someone else's old junk or is this a good deal?

I'm getting back into playing after a few years out. My biggest concern about this that it's a partscaster, which doesn't break a deal totally for me but it feels dishonest if I'm buying it when it's sold as a MIJ strat.

>lifts Marshall cabs & head once

i bench 200

>marshalls
there's your problem :^)

the funny part about this shit is that you guys aren't even playing large gigs. nobody wants to get their ears blown out in a tiny club when you bring your 4x12s

>he still plays tiny clubs

This 2bh
If you're not playing packed stadium shows you have no business posting in /gg/

>he still posts anime

^this
gtfo hobbyist shitstains

Will this freak go down in history as the most skill guitar player? I don't think theres a single one out there to match his raw autism and talent.

>cuckethead
prefer musicians with TALENT desu

>cuckethead

Fountainhead is the superior -head guitarist
youtube.com/watch?v=uxyAOosSdVY

youtube.com/watch?v=dkJ3E1n1Ar8

How can you say you love your guitar if you won't drill a 24 millimeter hole in it?

I'm not offended. You said it was intentional. I'm open to the fact that there are many different approaches to music. Yours is another. Today I was introduced to Math Rock. Yet another approach. I subscribe to the adage, "If you like where you're at. Keep doing what you're doing." Projecting emotional states onto the people you converse with on the Internet, though, is something you might want to stop doing... or not... lol.

wow

that was lame as fuck

nigga, step aside

youtube.com/watch?v=XvUGTmaKWTg

If it's priced at 3 it's probably some kind of frankenstrat, but as long as it plays well and sounds good that's a good price for a guitar of that quality.

to add onto this, I would bring up your concerns to a tech at the store and see if you can't leverage that into a free setup/diagnostic test.

>comfy
I would help you but you had to go and be a faggot so I won't.

got to go take a shit brb

Doesn't sound like a partscaster except for the config. If it has the sys1 trem and the "lock box," it's likely genuine. If the frets are good, go for it. And make sure the fine tuners are straight... If rusty a heavy handed player may have angled them. I still kick myself for passing up on a "snow white" at my local shop for $450 with original pups. Not minding the cosmetic damage, you can sleep sound shaving off that extra $150.

ok I'm back

Did you wash your hands?

yes my ocd would make me die otherwise

who is this?

Not enough strings

when will there ever be enough gooby

should I get an ukulele or a banjo? I'm not a redneck nor a fat hawaiian

Mandocello

Guitar brand that has the name repeat on the headstock a couple of times? Guitar store guy tried to interest me in a brown swirly one. I meant to research it but the name escapes me.

banjo if you want to have fun while looking like an eccentric weirdo, uke if you want to have fun while looking like an annoying trendy hipster.

Just picked up the guitar and having an insanely hard time learning chord changes. I've played for 10-20 minutes a day for a few weeks and they don't sound smooth at all.

This leads me to thumb position, because I feel I'm tensing my hand holding my thumb behind the neck, instead of around. Justinguitar recommends keeping it there to build strength, and it's the "correct" way to hold it according to classical guitarists. If you keep the neck horizontally, not at an angle like classic guitarists do, it doesn't feel like it's correct to keep the thumb behind the neck, because it puts the wrist in unnatural position. If you play with the neck at an angle however, the wrist remains neutral even if you keep the thumb in this position.

I've never seen this fact mentioned, it's either "thumb behind neck is always correct as a beginner" or "just do what's natural, but you might develop bad habits".

Am I looking at this wrong? How bad is it really for a beginner to play with thumbs around? It keeps my wrist neutral, while thumb behind does not, and that feels very important to correct, relaxed technique. I come from a piano background and I've studied technique in-depth, but I still have problems with this concept in terms of the guitar. Can't be bothered with a teacher at the moment.

you want to learn a musical instrument and are surprised that you are not making progress with 15 minutes of practice per day. Really activates the almonds

>for a few weeks
Every time

i already play piano for 2-3 hours and don't have that much time for guitar, sorry.

just ignroe the first line then and read the rest

why is there no fretjam.com/ in sticky
its literally the best source.

Bouzouki

is all the content free?

95 % beside some exercises. all theory explained and guy realy dose it WELL.

to add to this: i have long arms and pretty large hands so this should also gravitate me more towards a thumb-around position, no?

ads in most of the articles, videos that are down and doesn't exist anymore

no thanks

It sounds like a really good deal to me. $300 is pretty decent for something like that, even if it is a frankenstrat. The MIJ stuff from the 80s is solid as fuck, and the best thing about it is that since it's not American and not vintage, you can still get it for pretty cheap.

youtube.com/channel/UCxkHgy7clELlKair07L0oNg?sub_confirmation=1

all his videos are up.

fretjam.com/guitar-chord-basics.html

this doesn't have a working video, and tries embedd some shitty flash one

also full of links to ads and such

becasue its not HIS video. and just get adblock fag.

Almost every song I've transcribed uses notes that are technically not in key. How does that work?

I want to be able to play this song so bad....
youtube.com/watch?v=S2IWw6z-cfc

Then do it? It looks very easy, like beginner level.

How exactly am I supposed to strum? Are you supposed to flick your wrist or keep your wrist straight and move your whole arm?

keep your pick hand steady and move your hand grabbing the neck up and down

Flick wrist. There are times when you'd keep your wrist straight though, such as tremolo strumming. Also, when in doubt - look up live videos of your favorite songs and watch the guitarist's technique.

le's say you play a g chord like
>3
>4
>5
>x
>3
is it still a regukar degular g chord? was jimi hendrix the first to do this?2

im a regukar degular kind of guy myself desu

that's a regular degular g chords as it has all the notes in a G chord and jim was not the first

Anyone know of any strats in this color? Rosewood fingerboard would be a bonus.

This may be an underrated post.

Is there a recommended book for music theory for guitar?

Like you just got some bird poop on your hand

>strats in this color
Fender American Series Stratocaster Butterscotch Blonde 2001-2007

thats a color of something i just made in toilet

Thanks man! That's perfect.

If you got black in it you need a colonoscopy.

Any tips or good tutorials on starting to play jazz guitar for someone who's mostly played metal?
Or should I just go with the pdf in op?

Different styles under the Jazz label:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jazz_genres

Find out what you like so that you can get there faster by narrowing your search parameters for learning materials.

Absolute essential of music theory for guitar

>Butterscotch Blonde
Known to the rest of the world as "70s Drab"

How do I play communist music on my filthy capitalist guitar?

In communism the secret police finds you playing your guitar, beats you up, smashes the guitar and sends you to a factory since you could have spent the time working instead. Comrade.

take out the G & B string. too much competition for the top E
get rid of the D string for its audacity to take the prime spot in the middle of the fret neck.
eradicate the bottom E by constantly striking it and never replacing the string.
you only get one pick up, 2 is for bourgeois filth
remove the tone knob, equality is our strength
remove the volume knob, all guitars will have the same voice under Communist beats.
and get rid of your tuning pegs, if your guitar doesn't want to stay in tune then it doesn't deserve to have others work for it.

10/7

Guys I need help.
How do I wire a P-90 for coil split on a 5 way switch?

P90s are single coil pickups. You can't coil split them.

lol fat

i hear nothing special on bucketheads playing

boring wank
good to listen when i want to sleep

guitar if you want to look like a cool guy

no problem in doing whats more comfortable regards thumb position

Guys I have a cyst or an abscess in one of my fat rolls, probably because I sweat when playing guitar in the summer. Will this impede my future career as a bassist?

i learned technique by watching kiss concerts

LMAO
Guitarlets btfo again
"Boohoo my guitar is so heavy, my poor shoulders!"
"Oh no stretches hurt my fingers!"
"This neck is so thick, this is unplayable!"
"Waaaah waaah waaaah!"

That's not true.
Anyone got any step by step instructions?

It's a single bobbin with a single coil. The way they arrange the magnets is different and they have a wider coil and usually more windings as opposed to standard single coils. You can't coil split them.