About to start university in October, any tips on how to survive/get girls??

About to start university in October, any tips on how to survive/get girls??

Pic related,

Don't drink too much, and don't do anything harder than weed. You'll be fine.

Try to find some good friends. That's basically it.

Start with the geeks.

But if I don't get ketty/get on mandy won't people think I'm a pussy?

Don't worry about trying to get girls - it is basically guaranteed you won't get one if you go out with that intention unless you are Chad Thundercock. I wasted weeks trying and getting all self-conscious and shit. Then I gave up trying and just got drunk to have fun and ended up having sex [spoiler]for the first and last time, fuck I miss uni[/spoiler]

My uni is pretty much all geeks so this is pretty solid advice

Sounds like a good shout, always seem to pull better when I'm not trying. Classic anxiety life.

Act comfortable and ask questions (not in a weird creepy stalker way) about whom you're talking to.

The weird part is you'll be remembered as interesting.

what are you reading at worcester.

Other than the boring where you from? what subject? BS, what sorta questions are better convo starters?

act like ice poseidon

walk in campus and say hey to every girls you see

Econ and Management aka Easy and Manageable

Yup can confirm that just going out with groups of friends and getting a good buzz going gets you laid. Just be relaxed and dont come off as desperate itll happen naturally.

true dat. go to different colleges esp during freshers; learn to get over yourself ASAP, oxford is perfect for making you realise your mediocrity; stay away from post-grads - they are the ones who didnt go to oxford for undergrad and never had the chance to get over themselves. also radcam has the best girls in town

Cheers man, done me a solid

also if you just work solidly (i.e. 2.1 upwards) and get decent internships from second year onwards, youre pretty much set for life salary wise. shouldnt work like that but the matter of fact is that it does

Mate, swear radcam is library? surely got more chance in the atik/queue to bridge?

I'm guessing youre already at ox, how are the clubs?

Also I blagged the admission test and scraped the A*AA so already know i'll be the dumb one there for sure.

yeahh but the cutest girls go to the radcam. probs not the best place to approach people but the quality of girls there are much higher. i left there last year but the clubs are alright; tbh me and my mates got pretty tired of them by second year and mostly just hung out around college. the colleges are amazing - literally playgrounds for entitled adolescents. im sure youll find a good group of friends and just enjoy. worcester is a lovely college in the summer

Bod is a fair walk from my college but I;ll have to have a look some time, cheers for the advice, just these posts are getting me hyped for it.

i'm jealous man. i'm already nostalgic about the place. on the academic side of things, i regret not going to more seminars etc because really great speakers get invited all the time. also if you want to actually do well at the uni, its defo worthwhile doing the full prep for tutorials. under those circumstances you can really benefit from the tutors, otherwise it will be just an hour of sitting around waiting for the time to pass (which is the case for most people most of the time)

good luck for it my man. have a great time there. im too hungover and need to get some sleep.

>any tips on how to survive
Don't take postmodern classes. They are cancer, and will ruin your future. If you don't understand what this means, do research on it before picking classes. Also, make sure you thoroughly research any instructor before you sign up for their class.

>get girls
Don't be a beta piece of shit, but also don't be an asshole. Basically, you want an air of danger, but also of civility. College age girls tend to go for more of a direct danger because they are young and stupid. As they get older, they'll go for a more abstract danger with a srtonger civil lean.

Pills are the easiest way to get laid.

This

I graduated from Cardiff with a first class BA in history and now Im earning 40k doing an easy as fuck legal archivist gig

>go to exeter university
>freshers week, night 1
>be sad lonely virgin
>go to the lemmy ready for big things and to pop your cherry
>it's a school disco
>drinks are fucking expensive
>my new flatmate who I have to spend the rest of the year with is being chat up by some rugby lad who is clearly a cunt
>she gets with him
>oh my god I don't have a chance it's nothing but rugby lads
>get more drunk
>oh shit everyone's only getting with good looking rugby lads who legitimately eat their own vomit for fun
>Fuck sake I thought I was supposed to meet real people at uni
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>WHY CAN'T I BE A NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I wish I was a normal fag