Is Generation Kill the most patrician piece of war kino ever created?

Is Generation Kill the most patrician piece of war kino ever created?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Dg3Us9ld2g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's fucking great that's for sure.

>tv series
>kino
Don't throw around terms you don't understand, kiddo. It makes you look quite the newfriend.

they've ruined it with that silly johnny cash montage at the very end

that's not Gates of Heaven

But that was the best part.

Maybe if Band of Brothers didn't exist

Generation Kill sucked.

ahaha
you're a pleb

>US marines whining and crying about shit that they simultaneously try to take pride for

This movie is accurate in that sense; marines are the SJWs of the U.S. military. They are special snowflakes that want to be miserable, but still complain about it. The funny thing is, every marine in the show totally buys into it. They make fun of Captain America, but they're just as gullible.

The marine corps doesn't have great, new equipment or smooth logistics. So how can they sell being miserable as a good thing to grunts?

>Hey guys, we are treating you badly on purpose! You're right to complain! But we do it because it makes you tough like a pit bull! Bark!

As for how enjoyable it is to watch- it's good if like watching edge lords try to out do each other while the one likeable character provides all the humor. I guess what I'm saying is, if you're going to make a series about a unit that spent most of time waiting around for a fight, you should probably base it on guys that weren't such edgy, whiny cunts. Especially if you're then going to feed into that ego by pretending that they were always right about everything and everyone else was always wrong. Every character in the series can easily be decided into 2 pools: "good" guys (most of the main characters) and "bad" guys (Whopper Jr., Captain America, etc.).

>Whopper Jr.
trombley was fucking based

One of the worst posts I've seen this year

He was a pretty good depiction of a boot.

Which also means he was a miserable bastard.

Fuck you Captain America is a hero. He was going to go out of his way to save some retards that tried to skewer a POW.

Band of Brothers > Generation Kill > The Pacific

there's a man
goin' round
takin' names

[spoier]good show but david simon is a faggot mega cuck[/spoiler]

I'd agree with that

Simon's [buzzwords].

Nice one pollack

The Pacific would have been better if they

A: cut of one three arcs to allow more time on the other two (especially Sledge since his was the best)

and

B: CUT THE FUCKING AUSTRALIA EPISODE

Meh. They skipped what was a key theme of the book:

> Reporter interviewed nearly every marine
> Common theme of mostly young men a huge number of them grew up fatherless
> Virtually none of them had a masculine male role model in their lives
> Mom's working so they're raised by video games and war movies
> Half of them cite a cheesy marine recruitment ad (knight fighting a dragon or some shit) for joining up
> They use the marine force as a surrogate father
> They desperately chase this old idea of manhood in the military
> Are obsessed with being involved in combat and defeating their enemy in battle
> Hence the name "generation kill"

Completely abandoned it in the show

>> They desperately chase this old idea of manhood in the military
>> Are obsessed with being involved in combat and defeating their enemy in battle
I think they nailed this

>Half of them cite a cheesy marine recruitment ad (knight fighting a dragon or some shit) for joining up

This was mentioned youtube.com/watch?v=0Dg3Us9ld2g

They didn't do a good job of explaining it, but at least the characters are consistent with what you would expect from guys like that.

but whopper was a good guy

Not according to all the main characters. They hated him. And he was always wrong.

>patrician piece of war kino

Yeah, it's pretty crap.

Definite SNCO material.

I love the radio chatter in the end credits. Damn good stuff

Wait, is your pic agreeing with the post you're replying to? I can't tell who is trying to say what now because run-on sentences confuse me easily.

>Wait, is your pic agreeing with the post you're replying to?

Not in the way he'd like to be agreed with.

It made me feel less intimidated about possibly applying for the military because of all the terminally retarded characters in the show.

They don't really need to focus on those themes. It's well known that "be a real man" is a trick used to get men to risk their lives pointlessly.

>> Common theme of mostly young men a huge number of them grew up fatherless
> Virtually none of them had a masculine male role model in their lives

Nigger that wasn't a theme in the book at all nigger.

Nope.

MOMMAS DONT LET YOUR BABIES GROW UP TO BE COWBOYS

What the fuck does that even mean?

You shouldn't be intimidated by the people. It's all 18 year old kids, pretty much all dumb when they first enlist. The only thing to be intimidated by is the commitment. Giving up those years of your life to the military is a mistake for most people. For some (who would have wasted those years anyway), it can be a good thing. But you'll never really know if you made a mistake or not.

I always assumed that the montage was intentionally bullshit
All the marines walked off except the psycho