What the fuck gives Walmart the right to check my bags as I'm leaving?

What the fuck gives Walmart the right to check my bags as I'm leaving?

Other urls found in this thread:

ktla.com/2016/07/30/3-walmart-workers-face-manslaughter-charge-in-death-of-shoplifting-suspect/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they are a corporation im sure they will be probing peoples butts soon too

All the possible niggas trying to steal from the store.

You are on private property until you leave the doors. With the merchandise they legally own until you leave the store as well.

You can thank niggers for that

I've never been checked and I used to shoplift like a mother fucker when I was a kid.

Maybe you should try being less black.

Nah you own the property as soon as you give them the cash.

>what is private property

Call the cops when they try. No probable cause, no fuckin search.

This, you can just walk past them and if they try to approach you or ask you to stop, just keep walking and ignore them.

just walk right by them and say fuck off faggot!

they have no right to touch you or try to detain you in any way whatsoever. simple as that.

you are.
just don't fucking stop for them.
they aren't the police. they have no authority.
they can try to stop you, but if they use any force they open themselves up to lawsuits.
corporate would rather lose a little money than be sued for millions.

ive seen security get all man hands on customers so I wouldnt reccomend this route

You can shop elsewhere. That's what I do. Nazimart doesn't need my money.

Having worked in security for a long time they aren't allowed to actually physically touch you. It's in their handbooks but people have the need to be police. So you can always sue the security company

That's when you defend yourself.

just pretend you're deaf and blind for 5 seconds

if they make physical contact with you, you can just ham it up and get a multi-million dollar settlement from walmart.
if they just stand in your way you just need to say that they cannot stop you unless they plan to press charges. it becomes a gamble for them because if you didnt steal anything then you can sue them for that.

Nah, its really much more business basic than that in Retail business...

They do random checks just so that people see that the business is doing random checks.

That's part of the psychology to help guard against theft. If people notice that they are being checked, they behave accordingly.

So its not just the thief using a foil lined anti tag theft blocker liner in a shopping bag, now they have to worry about some random asshole doing random checks. If you own a big retail business, it is recommended you do the same.

Funny thing, so much of theft (shrinkage) is internal. employees and insiders, as much as it is random shoplifters

they don't have the right to check your bags. you can tell them to fuck off. i do it all the time. they just kinda stand there with a deer in the headlights look on their face

>security

nigga were talking about actual retarded people that walmart hires to stand at the door just to look all retarded and shit.

Security isn't allowed to do that shit. I worked loss prevention at a few retail shops at a mall for a few summers. It was made very clear to me that the most I could do was tell someone to stop and that I was never, ever to put my hands on them no matter the circumstances unless they were assaulting me or another customer, observe and report only.

If security ever touches you, make a big fuss, demand to see the manager, in all likelihood, you'll get free shit and probably get that dude fired.

>they legally own until you leave the store as well

you own what you've purchased the moment after you give payment

was this at walmart? i would think that the loss prevention employees there would be better trained than that.
they are basically only there to deter thieves. if someone tries to steal and it is obvious they can try to stop them, but otherwise they usually just assist law enforcement to apprehend the perpetrators with useful information.

A lot of black people shop there so it makes sense that they would want to be extra careful.

yeah, that is all true, but the point is more about what lets them actually do it.
there isnt a sign out front saying that people on the premises are subject to random searches.
if they just ask, what gives them the "right" to not take no for an answer?

yes, the 90 year old greeter/"security" will bitch slap your faggot ass

>if someone tries to steal and it is obvious they can try to stop them

about all they can do is yell at them. any physical altercation will likely end up in a lawsuit

Loss prevention can absolutely put their hands on somebody. You faggots have obviously never worked it before.

Not the niggers. The capitalists.

Its like walmart trolls you when you leave

>when I was a kid.
That was then. This is now. Get used to it or else buy locally.

what i mean is that security can try to actively intervene if someone is trying to run out of the store with a tv or something.

If you EVER ask for my receipt I'm gonna whoop your faggot ass

this is wrong.
you can put your hands on whoever the fuck you want, doesn't mean its legal

Go to bed LaQuan

You might try that, but stores in the US have legal authority to detain you while on their premises in order to ascertain whether or not you have paid for your goods. MAGA!

Police say Kenneth Wisham, 64, tried to steal nearly $400 worth of DVDs from the Lakeland store in February when store workers confronted him, according to WFLA.

Wisham ran but had trouble keeping his pants up, eventually causing him to trip and fall to the ground, police said. The Walmart employees held him down until police could arrive, but Wisham stopped breathing.

ktla.com/2016/07/30/3-walmart-workers-face-manslaughter-charge-in-death-of-shoplifting-suspect/

Probable cause only applies to the government. Walmart isn't (technically) the government, it is a private company.

they have to be absolutely sure before trying anything, a false apprehension is game over for LPOs

Except I did and was specifically told that I could not.

Yeah I don't think loss prevention is allowed to murder customers.

That's not how it works. Private property doesn't protect invasion of privacy or unsolicited confiscation of property. You can't rob people at your house. It's still illegal.

Liberal cucks like you think theft is fine lmao

Wut? they don't, just ignore them.

the constitution

i'm gonna look into that one to see if this statement is correct.

nope, dope. try again.

Truth

Funny thing about the United Snakes – corporations have rights, people don't. One of the most evil countries in history, equal to Israel.

Tell them to fuck off and walk by.

And both countries are mainly Jewish. Hmm.

Just don't shoplift from CVS. Those niggers will follow you home and shoot you dead.

What the fuck is wrong with America?

a lot

No, they don't. That's several different crimes depending on just how stupid they get in trying to keep you there. The best they can do is ban you from coming back, at which point you'd be trespassing, but if they try to detain you for any time for any reason and you don't want to stay there, it's a party in civil court for you.

NOW IM GOING TO HAVE TO TRY TO SEE IF THIS IS TRUE

(He had to ask!)

Loss prevention has funny ways of doing things
Just don't steal shit and you'll be

They're making sure it IS the property you gave them cash for.

Just Google CVS Shoplifter Killed.

>the amount of aggro keyboard warriors
Jesus Fucking Christ do you feel hardcore af for yelling at the old lady?

I have nothing to hide so I just flash the receipt and let them peek the cart.

Takes LITERALLY two seconds.

AND I'M NOT EVEN WHITE.

NO

When I read for the law, back in the 1980s, stores had the legal right to detain anyone inside from leaving until they were satisfied nothing was being stolen. I am certain the law has not become any more liberal since then. Private property has a lot of privileges when you're rich.

It's an invasion of privacy. You're a faggot if you let them check your reciept

implying only walmart does this.
any store with electronics does this

The simple solution is to not go to Wal-Mart, you fucking trash. When you go dumpster diving, you become garbage yourself.

How the fuck am I a liberal cuck because my fucking boss told me not to put my hands on people or I'd be fired? Are you retarded? Maybe think before you just start spewing buzzwords.

this is probably the dumbest thing said in the whole thread so far

keep walking and ignore them,
what happens when they tackle you down because they think your escaping with stolen merchandise.

You have to expectation of privacy inside someone else's private property. If anything, being secretive inside the store is an invasion of THEIR privacy.

>what happens when they tackle you down because they think your escaping with stolen merchandise.

you win the fucken lotto

The greeters will sometimes stop you on the way out to check your receipt if you have something that isn't bagged. Politely decline and keep walking, or just be a dick and say no. Either way, what are they going to do, stop you?

i don't even know where to begin here.

Former retail worker.

P sure its the same as anything else.

They can't stop you.

All they can do is stall you until security shows up.

why would you even acknowledge the greeters? their all retarded

>>what is private property

People don't seem to understand the concept of private property. If you don't like how Walmart does things, then go somewhere else. You aren't entitled to anything. Same with airports. Butthurt over the extra security and lines? Tough shit, you aren't entitled to fly either. Take a fucking bus.

As long as you no how to hide the shit you steal its no problem you just stop and show them your bag and receipt because you're white then they always apologize and let you go with like 90$ worth of free sd cards and whatnot

>their all retarded

Irony.

Walmart AP here, yes we can and will detain you.
We work closely with local police to pursue, detain, and charge thieves to the greatest extent of the law.
The door people are AP but they are not trained for that sort of thing. There are other, plain clothes, AP personnel that monitor the store in various ways.
Give you a fun story
>middle aged white couple come into electronics and pick up a few dozen dvds, cds, et
>obvious degenerates so I immediately get on the floor and began following them
>they walk into apparel
>guy covers girl as she stuffs the goods into her purse
>oh here we go
>follow them for another 10 minutes while I radio the AP office to get the police officer
>they head towards garden center exit
>the walk out so I run after them
>scream out to them and they start yelling at me
>told them to come with me to the office
>they refuse and start walking walking away
>grab the girl since she was closest to me
>she starts flipping shit and screaming and pulls away
>by this time the cop was about 30 feet away
>grab her again and she reaches out to strike me
>toss the bitch to the pavement and tell her she is going to jail
>guy starts to charge me but is met by the cop
>guy tries to charge through the cop and gets tazed
>the cop and I drag both of them in cuffs into the AP office
>they both go to jail
>they are later charged for the crime
>guy goes to jail for three years because he had priors
Pretty much a daily thing here honestly

i should have rephrased my sentence the person tackling you would be the security.

The autism levels in this thread are hazardous to my health. I'm reporting you faggots to OSHA.
You people literally can't go to white trash/nigger Mecca without making an embarrassing spectacle of yourselves.

I don't know what's so hard to fucking understand here.

Imagine you own a small store.
People shop there.
You've unfortuneately had shoplifters jacking shit.
So now you want to make sure that no one's sneaking shit out and losing YOU money.

Bet you're not offended with your tipped fedora now are you?

normal employees are not allowed to do anything to stop you, only managers

even that the only other thing is security guards, but they most likely could id you from cameras if you used cash, can find your license plate, ect.

COSTCO checks everybody that leaves the store. They ask you for your receipt and the check each item. It is legal to inspect bags before you leave a store.

Hey Megan Fox

Liberals are fucking pussies and the fact they let wal mart invade their privacy proves they can't run a country

go suck hillarys dick

>yes we can and will detain you

B-but Wal-Mart has like bazillion dollars! It's only fair for me (and everyone else) to steal from them!

it is still a generally public place though. they cannot deny your civil rights or act like access to the place is restricted.
the owner, or whatever, of walmart cannot just take a shit in the middle of the store because that is public indecency. he also cannot shoot you because you are on his property.

Ooh, what's AP?

I used to be lifter, but in my defense I was 15 and admittedly a faggot mall goth.

>go to Kmart
>grab a PS2 controller
>take it to bathroom
>break it open and stuff it in sock
>was wearing boots and hot topic pants
>nice and loose so nothing visible
>go to wait for cousin to leave
>guy comes out of nowhere
>holding a radio
>puts PS2 trash on counter in front of me
>looks at me smugly
>poker face him
>goes to say something in radio
>suddenly alarm goes off
>he turns around
>i run
>meet up with my cousins at car
>speed off

Turns out he saw the guy following me so he grabbed some CD's and dropped them in a ladies cart was she was leaving the store, setting off the alarm.

you can refuse, they arent allowed to touch you, but if they do DONT steal anything

What the fuck gives airports the right to check my bags as I'm entering?

If you make it past the red line outside then nobody can follow you. Not even asset protection. The asset protection manager at my store did that and got fired

>hurrdurr private
People don't seem to understand the concept of rule of law. If you don't like how the law rules supreme, then go somewhere else. You are entitled to lawful treatment in Walmart and airports. kys

sounds awful, some piece of shit can stab or shoot you

Not at all true

you've proven yourself to be beyond stupid twice now, please make it a third i honestly don't have anything else to do tonight and haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

>What the fuck gives Walmart the right to check my bags as I'm leaving?

Because you're probably some sketchy nigger and you deserve suspicion. Niggers smell bad and they steal.