Did this movie kickstart the 80s retro revival that is currently happening?

Did this movie kickstart the 80s retro revival that is currently happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mgz1wdlkzcs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, but it came out in the exact time as it started

It was the one with the most blatant 80's aesthetic but I'd noticed nightcore soundtracks becoming a thing a fair bit of time before

I actually think drive is more 70's than 80's, i have never meet anyone that agrees

I get that. The gangster scenes give that vibe. But I'm pretty sure refn says the movie came from literally driving around listening to 80s pop.

Also I fucking hate this movie

I love it but it's nice to see someone with a different opinion, what don't you like about it?

>but it's nice to see someone with a different opinion
Talk about unique post

>that is currently happening?

It started a year earlier with Hobo with a Shotgun and Black Rainbow and Power Glove and Lazerhawk gaining traction on youtube.

It came at the right time

>implying the 80s retro revival didn't start way back in 2002 with bands like Interpol and The Bravery
>implying it didn't start when people started wearing Atari & RunDmc tshirts and playing Vice City
Kids.
Great movie though.

When are we getting a vaporwave movie

No it isn't fucking nice to hear someone with a different opinion. What the fuck is wrong with you, dropped on the head as a baby or something?

The 80's never dies

>nightcore

youtube.com/watch?v=mgz1wdlkzcs

Well, it is basically a re-imagining of The Driver, the Walter Hill movie from the 70s.

The framing of the scene where Gosling has Hendricks pinned down on the bed and threatens her is taken directly from The Driver.

>carefully puts on fingerless gloves
>slaps the bitch up
Ahhh, the '70s.

When will they revive 90s shit?

hopefully never, the 90's and early 2000's was literally the worst time in human history aestheticaly

Agree.

You think there ever will be on?
Is there really that much to revive? It was a pretty nihilistic and drab kind of time in the US, whereas the 80s seem larger than life with all the flashiness, bright neon colours, upbeat synth music, good time movies, etc.

The 90s main musical icon was a guy who sang about rape and fetuses and blew his brains out with a hunting rifle when he was 27, leaving behind a young daughter.

MDE WP is a vaporware show.

Why are chinks so much better at making film posters?