Are antidepressants worth taking? Got prescribed 5mg Lexapro will this shit actually help?

Are antidepressants worth taking? Got prescribed 5mg Lexapro will this shit actually help?

If you want to become suicidal and completely mind fuct

>inb4

Already there though

I haven't tried that drug, but I take Welbutrin and it is very effective. Ity took about 2 weeks before I started to feel the positive effects when I first started.

Lexapro is shit.It will leave you with a limp dick and brain zaps

I was on lexapro for a bit was not much of a fun and kinda freaked out and stopped taking it

I took it for 5 months, turned me into a fucking weird ass zombie. I stopped.

Hmm I've been sitting on this script for close to 10 months, probably just won't start because I had brain zaps from Buspar and it was terrible.

Busbar dosent cause brain zaps, it dosent work on/the same way on the part of the brain that would inflict zaps.

>10 months
You cant just hold on to it and turn it in when you want. The pharmacy moist likely wont fill it because it is so old

I'm on Citalapram and it's helped me through some shit and I can still feel emotions on top of it.

I had tried a few other antidepressants that were at least as effective as Welbutrin but they had sexual side effects. I could get hard and had a sex drive but the orgasm was suppressed. I usually couldn't fun during sex. No such problems with Welbutrin.

"Results may vary" is the key phrase.

Honestly best advice I can give is there's a good chance you won't find the right medication for you on the first go. With that being said, if after the 3rd different medication you don't find it, DON'T KEEP GOING. The shit only gets stronger and, I'll tell ya, the stronger the proposed 'benefits' the stronger the 'side effects'. Nearly offed myself once when I took this one kind of shit.

Shit would kill my boners or straight up not allow me to finish. Shit was awful.

i got up to 20 mg in 8 weeks and felt nothing

Been taking anti-depressants for a while now. They work differently for people. Mine took a long while to kick in once I got in schedule. They never really took the pain away, just made it much more manageable.

No, they make you feel empty.
It will make you feel more depressed.

Fuck all these SSRI/SSNI toxic trash.
They will all fuck you up one way.
I was on them all the past 15 years, the new stuff and the old stuff.
The only thing that happened was lithium.
Gods drug and its cheap too, $2 for 3 months

Honestly dude. I've been on some for a couple years now. I feel like it didn't help with the problems it just changed my way of thinking. I went from socially anxious faggot to some faggot who don't give a fuck. It's also makes it almost like you maxed out your charisma Stat on fallout or something.

I already filled it.

In my opinion they're not worth it.
Was on them for 10 years... was more depressed, more suicidal thoughts, was nauseous and physically vomited every single day, gave me fucking horrible brain zaps, and gave me restless leg syndrome.
After 10 years of being on every single one known to man, came off them... within 2 weeks EVERYTHING got better, and now almost a year since I quit I am in a much better place mentally even though nothing has changed in my life.

Citalopram and Mirtazapine are the worst.
Mirtazapine made me put on 3 stone (42 pounds) in 6 weeks.

Try them out for a bit... they MIGHT help you.
What works for some might not for others.
BUT, if it's not working or making it worse... STOP.

I just have constant thoughts of suicide. It gets old, but I'll never act on it because it'd fuck over my puppy.

Ahahahahahahahahhaha

Toll is paid.

The're really only worth it if you are deeply depressed and have a hard time with living and doing normal tasks.
Therapy is better, and you should never take antidepressants if you're not undergoing therapy

I use to take Lexapro and Buspar amd honestly, fuck that shit. I've been off antidepressants and anxiety mediation since 2010. Did pretty well, up until a late last year. Everything came back ten fold. Doc gave me Citalapram and things are getting back on track. I wouldn't recommend Lexapro. Shit made me suicidal as fuck

Therapy never helped, it just made me pissed.