Post which Stanley Kubrick film you hate the most right now

Post which Stanley Kubrick film you hate the most right now

the one people like the most

that would be silly

gotta be lyndon i hate it so god damn much i cant fucking stand lyndon

Shining. It's so fucking boring, the whole "I can see dead people and sense danger" makes less sense than Lost, Jack Nicholson's wife is a fucking bitch, and, for some reason, that weakass film is more popular than Barry Lyndon, which is almost perfect

Shut the fuck up! Lyndon is awesome! It's a perfect portrait of the rise and fall of an ignorant twat! The music is epic, the scenaries and clothes are epic, the ending is epic! It's way better than fucking Shining, and that shit 2001, that was ruined with the human zoo, and the aliens, WHEN IT WAS CLEAR THAT THE MONOLITHS WERE SENT BY THE HUMANS OF THE FUTURE TO MONOTORIZE HUMAN'S HISTORY!

I don't hate any of them but I enjoyed Spartacus the least

2001 and ACO are the best
Lolita and Barry Lyndon are great comfycore
Eyes Wide Shut feels like his most human film

All of them except 2001.

Lefty detected

>he did not enjoy the subtlety of the second Golden Room scene

plen

Gotta say I don't understand the love for Full Metal Jacket and the ending to 2001 is trash.

don't showcase your plebness so openly

Full Metal Jacket's first half is awesome
Second half is just Platoon remade

>the ending to 2001 is trash.

From the wormhole part onward is L I T E R A L L Y the best part of the film

Enlighten us with your obviously superior understanding OP

Clockwork orange is literally pl*bbit the film

I bet stanley was fucking browind sh*ttet when he wrote it that fucking leftfag

I thought ACO was right-wing based

Why? It's needlessly vague and cryptic and the whole "impose your own meaning on it" thing just doesn't jive with me. It's one thing to show something sensible and to want the audience to derive meaning from it, it's another to flash colours in my face and ask me to make up the plot to the movie.

Everything before that is absolutely stellar and then it just takes a shit for no particular reason.

bbut my reddit boogiemen

>It's needlessly vague and cryptic and the whole "impose your own meaning on it" thing just doesn't jive with me

What's cryptic about it?

Really?

Yes? He is taken by aliens and transformed into a higher level of being what's cryptic about that

What meaning were you supposed to impose upon it? It's pretty straightforward. Guy goes through the stargate, ages and dies, gets reborn as the starchild, returns to earth.

It should not have been Aliens! Aliens should have never been in that film! The whole purpose of the film is that humans are capable of doing anything! Making us the product of aliens takes off our power. In the end of the film, the astronaut should have gone to the future, where the humans from there, not aliens, would try to recriate the conditions of XX Century, and fail, and they should appear as full evolved humans, that would turn the astronaut into one of them. Then, there should be an epilogue, where we find out that the monoliths were send from the future to the past to document human history, and it should be implied that collecting such data would allow the human race to evolve to a new species

It's not about being reliant on aliens, they just accelerated the next step in human evolution.

Aliens are as useless and out of context in that film as Robocop would be in Amadeus!

But they appear throughout the film. I don't know what you're talking about.

It should have been Humans creating humans, not aliens helping humans becoming humans

I meant you

why is that better? The aliens could be humans that evolved into 4th dimensional beings.

That should be explained. If it' aliens creating us, that means that we are to be thankful to another entity. If humans created themselves, it would be a perfect creation

A total piece of crap.

Going back in time is and always has been a retarded concept and it makes for a shit plot.

Wasn't a big fan of Lolita

I never see any love for Spartacus, that's a great film.

Like it matters. It's likely that the 4th dimensional beings are from more than one species that evolved independently and somehow ascended to higher plane of existence. No form of alien life is an island. To say that man could evolve into perfection while having no understanding of other life forms is completely narcissistic.

Hey man this may come as a surprise but the film is actually based on a book and yup - it's aliens.

I know it's aliens in the book. But i don't like it

t. autism