Why do you go out to eat if you have no intention of tipping... Even if the service is great. Please...

Why do you go out to eat if you have no intention of tipping... Even if the service is great. Please, explain your thought process.

I would tip the cook if I could. Handing me a glass of water isn't worth a tip.

$5 or 15% whichever is greater to start, then depending on the course of the evening i'll adjust based off service.

You can literally make zero conversation and keep my cup filled and i'll love you forever,

You wanna make conversation and leave me with nothing for a half hour, fuck that.

Its not hard to bring food from point A to point B and keep your hands washed.

often times thats not even done by the waiter its done by a food runner. guess who that tip goes to? hint: not the food runner

well jeez, I hope SOMEBODY in your god forsaken industry washes their hands

because I'm not your boss and therefore not responsible for your pay. I don't go around giving random people money for doing their job.

If it says that a meal costs 50 bucks, then I will pay 50 bucks. No more. No-one should be forced to pay the waiters extra for doing their damn job.
I work with forestry, and you don't see anyone walking up to me and saying "hey, you did a REALLY good job taking down that tree, so here's a little extra money for you."
This.

keep hoping

Seriously?
Go fuck yourself.

What, does this idea intimidate you?

>Even if the service is great.

$12 on a $43 bill... how did I do?

Great service, btw.

lol okay, but also, the waiter has to tell me "hi, I'm serving you because I don't have any skills appliciable to real life" before the service begins, if etc... because you're a dumb peice of shit.

/thread

>ITT: A bunch of poor niggers justifying resisting a simple sur-charge for the dining experience.

If you say "that's horse shit, I'm just trying to get something to eat." McDonald's is up the street pal, here's a clue, you're going out to "Dine." Do not confuse this with eating, that's what you do when you make yourself a snack, take a look at a photo of your grandparents out to eat somewhere, your grandmother's wearing a dress, your grandfather's wearing a suit and a hat. The tablesettings aren't pewter and the linens are white. You went out for an experience you couldn't receive at home. If you want to shovel food into your fat uncultured face see yourself to the door.

You must be high.

and you didn't have to tip back then.
it was considered offensive or rude.

Also I dare anyone who subscribes to this no tip crap to do so in front of anyone you respect or are looking for the respect of. Let us know how that works for you.

I bet you're that bitch who spilled a glass of water on me at breakfast earlier today and gave me attitude when I didn't leave a digital tip.

Lol stopped reading at "Dine"

goalpost moving faggot

pour some more water and beg for 12 dollars, or get a real job, dummy!

>> Earning below $65k/yearly

That's incorrect. Most often, if there is in fact a food runner at all, the waiter has to tip out the food runner/busser/bartender on a % of the total bill...not the tip. The food runners and bussers get a much higher hr/wage. So the waiter/server is literally paying to put up with you if you don't tip, BC they have to tip out runners/bussers. I know/agree that the system is stupid and broken...but that's common knowledge now, so stop being a cheap fuck. Or just stay home and cook.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn i work fine dining pal, we don't open until 3pm try again.

Only in the U.S are people so stupid that they can let businesses convince them to pay their own employees, and actually feel bad if they don't....

Can I fine dine on your tight butthole?

>fine dining

you mean feeding overpriced food which literally becomes shit, to dummies who dont know how to eat at home?

congratulations, youre a fucking revolutionary.

Now we can /thread.

>>Nighty, night Trump Cucks

Don't eat out

French toast is the finest of dining, my tired friend.

test

Kek

As a server/bartender, that's good. Thanks. It's how we pay our bills.

and what if said waiter is doing that job as a means of income while pursuing something greater. I paid my own way through college as an "unskilled" waiter. Shit's rough, I'll tell you that much. I'm beyond it now, but being a waiter is actually a tough job that does take some skill. Problem solving, good communication and hella good organization, to get your orders right are among a few, if those aren't considered applicable, I don't wanna know what rock you crawled out from.

try tipping and not tipping and tell me you get the exact same service quality (while following the infographic)

In my country the custom is to actually pay table waiting staff a fair wage so they don't have to rely on handouts of free money from paying customers.

100%. In my country people pay fair wages to table waiting staff so they don't have to beg for free money at tables.

Because in Australia our minimum wage isn't set to that of slaves'. Secondly, it's your fucking job to wait a table. Why should you get extra money for doing it lmao

So you think they took that job so they can serve cheap cunts like you and make less than minimum wage on the hour? If they don't serve you well, don't tip, or tip shitty, but if they do their job and even do it well fucking tip them, they're not busting their asses for free. And something everyone should know is a lot of restaurants take percentages off the waitstaff's sales to accommodate "broken glasses" and other bullshit. So if you're not tipping they're making even worst and server pay, which is less than minimum wage.

>Nighty, night Trump Cucks
lol you're so upset

If they expect free handouts and then complain/get salty when they don't get them, then they ought to find a different job.

im a server at a restaurant. tips are retarded, but you shouldn't eat out unless you can afford at least 15% of your bill on tip. unless you truly feel that the person serving you didn't really do a good job, you should be tipping at least 15%

third world is irrelevant here

Your boss is supposed to pay you a wage you can live on. If he doesn't they

If they make less than minimum wage then the employer is breaking the law no?

if you think you don't need service from a waiter then don't eat out

I eat out coz i'm a lazy fuck who doesn't want to cook. Not some hard working citizen that has to then add +15% on to a meal I paid for just so you can bring the food from the kitchen. I tip 0%

implying the US isn't 3rd world lmao

If you think being a waiter is a good job with decent wage, then quit.

Trust me, If I could get my own water and my own food, I would. Hell, If I could make my own meals, I would too.

>Oh wait, I do

fuck your dumb industry

murica doesn't consider it a real job, despite having lobbying power in culinary unions.

Now, if that waiter fucks your order up, and leaves you completely dissatisfied, by all means, don't tip, they obviously didn't do their job right. But if they busted their asses to give a good experience to you and 10 other groups of ungrateful bastards at the same time, and they succeed, some acknowledgement is owed... cuz guess what, you're not the only customer they have to handle, but they don't get paid by the customer except in the form of tips. They're getting paid way below minimum wage for other jobs, simply because it's government mandated that their employer doesn't have to, based on the assumption they'll be getting tips. Oh and something a lot of posts online don't mention, but I can tell you from experience. The law says that the employer doesn't have to pay the federal minimum wage, so long as the waiter is making enough in tips. If their tips drop below that much, the employer has to make up the difference... but instead, that employer usually finds a reason to fire that waiter. They could be the best server in the world, but if they don't get tips, not only do they go home with pennies of a paycheck, but they're constantly at risk of not having a job at all. I don't agree with the institution that's in place. Customers shouldn't be forced to tip if they don't want to. But if they're gonna go to a full service restaurant, they should at least understand the effect it has when they don't tip.

I'm not your fucking employer. If you're underpaid, you should complain to THEM, or quit and find out how good you had it, you talentless dipstick.
t. A dishwasher at a restaurant

spit ROASTED, now make it an infographic and itll spread, just like that other shitty one spread on fb

Hardly any other countries in the world "require" tipping. You have the easiest job on the planet. I tipped a guy at Dennys a Naruto card once.

"Busted" their ass? They bring a plate of food to your table then leave. Stfu. Stop making out like it's hard. It's probably hard because your boss is some capitalist american faggot who doesn't employ enough staff so you have to wait on a lot of people. Stfu and get a better job.

>paying you to do the job you're employed by someone else to do

can't believe this is really thing in america. sort your shit out you stupid country

Wow restaurant owners over there must be laughing all the way to the bank not having to pay staff because it isn't considered a proper job.

America, where capitalist fat fucks make their customers pay their employees. #freedom

because there's a difference between just taking an order then giving you food (which is what you get at a fast food joint), and giving a full service dining experience. You don't have to refill your own drinks, you don't have to clean up the table after yourself, you can just sit on your ass and have someone else do all the work for you. If you want cheap food, go to a burger joint. If you're gonna go out to an actual restaurant for the full experience, you should expect to pay more. The waiter's job is to take your order and bring you your food, nothing more. Everything else that's put on their shoulders is extra shit that people have come to expect, and when someone goes beyond their job description to give you the best experience possible, they've earned extra.

youve probably never worked in a restaurant before, if you have such a sick job, why can't you afford to tip for your service?

if you don't agree with the principle of tipping, then why bother eating at restaurants and taking it out on the servers?

yea no shit. the customer apparently has to pay their wage for them

Because we're lazy and fat and don't want to cook or clean. Not because we want to support some kid's shitty wage so they can buy alcohol and drugs. Go get a real job

Tipping servers or delivery drivers in the US is not something new. Bottom line is if you don't tip after receiving decent service you're a cheap asshole. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's been in the service industry who remembered the people who don't tip. Even if they ordered first they went to the bottom of the list, last order to be delivered. Or if it wasn't busy I'd still wait and show up at the last second before I was late. Some people learned.

The waiter/waitress should tell me before doing anything else that they expect a tip then. Why not just get both people's intentions out right from the get-go so there's no misunderstandings?

They agree with me. The waiters/waitresses should be paid and not have to rely on tips.

>tipping starts out as a way to let servers know they provided exemplary service

>tipping becomes something that is expected regardless of the quality of service

this is entitlement folks

So do you tip they guy who changes your tyres in USA? What about the guy who sells you a cinema ticket? How about the guy who paints your house? Your car mechanic?

>Bottom line is if you don't tip after receiving decent service you're a cheap asshole

I don't get this mentality. The whole point of a being contractually hired and having a wage is that you have to do your job and provide adequate service REGARDLESS of how much tip money you get. Welcome to being employed, bitch.

why am I supposed to give you a donation for doing your fucking job?

Do you tip nurses for taking great care of you in a hospital?

Do you tip your favourite teachers in school?

Why? because they're doing a job and they're paid for it.

You want free money go on welfare or have a modicum of decency and beg on the street.

Because adults shouldnt be doing a teenagers job.

Easy.
>order food
>don't tip
>be in absolutely no rush to eat
>let little nigger/kike think their fucking up your life by being 10min late with your food
>get food
>win

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way in the U.S. it's dumb. I agree...but everyone who lives here knows the deal. At least once a night I pay to have my balls busted by a table. People say "get a different job". I wish it were that easy, but it's just not. If it was, there would be no servers/bartenders...

>dining "experience"

wow I had such a great "experience" when you refilled my soda that one time here you earned a 15% tip even though i still had to pay for the second soda

Do a good job, and you'll get a little extra. You need to dance for me, you trained little monkey. That's how this is meant to work.

Who fucking cares? If you're too poor to tip, stay inside.

No, we don't just "bring food to your table and leave," we are making sure your fat ass gets the experience they want when they go out. We don't have to. We could just be monotone assholes with a piece of paper to write orders down on, but we aspire to be better than fast food.
All of you assholes complaining that serving is not a hard job have obviously never worked the industry at a restaurant worth a damn, and are salty they didn't make any tips. Ever wonder why most servers are between the ages of 18-24? Because we pay our way through college with that money.
If we do crap service, don't tip. But if we bust our ass dealing with screaming children, people finding imaginary hairs in their food in order to get a free meal, and a walk-in of 35 that "didn't feel" they needed to call ahead, I think we deserve a little something extra. At least in Ontario we're raining server wage to be minimum wage later this year.

Faggot

It is easy. Oh look, i'm not a waiter. Wait let me check. Oh yes, still true, i'm not a fucking waiter. Wait, what's that over there? A job advertisement? Lemme check... Wait yep, still not a waiter. Stfu. Don't give us 'My life's destiny is to be a waiter, now pay me atleast +15% the cost of the meal for doing nothing.'

Okay, they take your order, they bring your food, they refill your drinks, if your food got cooked wrong, they go fix it. If you want to order more food, you don't have to wait in line, they're there to order that for you. They bring the check to you, they take the money and cash out the payment for you. When you leave, they clean the table for you and reset the table for the next customer. And guess what, they're simultaneously doing that for an average of 10 other tables, meanwhile doing other sidework like rolling silverware in napkins, deep cleaning fridges (and i mean straight up bleach cleaning), restocking ice machines, helping prep for the cooks, making coffee, keeping things stocked on their side of the pass bar, like going to the back walk in fridge to get shit for salad bars, refilling the salad stuff, and dressings, cleaning random shit their boss tells em to. They have to get every bit of it done, (and it's a lot), within a certain amount of time, or they're in trouble. But you only see, and are only capable of focusing on the few, tiny, simple things they're doing specifically for you, and never see all the things they're doing for you and everybody else backstage. Sure, foodservice seems simple as hell, but it's a tough, demanding job. I'm glad i don't have to do it anymore, because there's too many shits out there that DON'T know what goes on in the background and have zero appreciation for it, and how hard it is to do all that shit and still come to your table with a smile on their face and actually trying to make YOU happy. It'd be awesome if they were paid enough that they didn't have to rely on your tips to survive, but the world isn't like that. So unless you wanna eat at some roach infested shithole where the customer service sucks, the food is cold and the tables are dirty... tipping is not just a courtesy, but it's almost like a luxury tax. If you can't afford to tip, you can't afford good service, it's that simple.

Bullshit. If you do a crap job I'll complain to your boss and he should discipline/fire your ass. You are employed to do a job. If you do it badly you're gone. That's how it works in other jobs

Bitch, you make milkshakes at a coffee shop. You're lucky that when I pay in cash I leave my change because I don't like coins in my pocket.

Says the poor waiter that accepted a job that pays less than the minimum wage then goes on Sup Forums and complains about it, instead of complaining to his boss or union.

Better than the musty body odor that emirates from European waiters. Jesus christ, take a shower.

Tipping people with those jobs isn't customary, obviously. You can always go eat somewhere that doesn't have servers.

Just shut the fuck up and give me my food

1) they don't make the prices
2) was your food shit? Did they get the order right? Were you happy while you were there? Then they did their job. THAT is a dining experience. If you're just going out for food... go to a fast food joint.

Look, we get it. Employers have taken advantage of the tip situation to justify paying wait staff below minimum wage. It fucking sucks for you that your country allows a system that fundamentally rips off employees. I'll tip you because I know you need it because the system is broken.

But don't you fucking DARE start trying to justify tipping as though you DESERVE it. You earn a wage to do your job, you are therefore expected to do that job to the best of your ability REGARDLESS of whether or not you expect handouts. That's what employment is. If you doing your fucking job is contingent on getting handouts from your customers, or if you think that someone is "just a cheap bastard" if they don't tip you as though it is in any way reasonable to expect that customers should tip you no matter what (short of providing inadequate service) then you are an entitled little fuckwit with no world sense and you deserve to be wasting away in a fucking shitty job.

It's nice that you took the time to type out the job description for your typical waiter/waitress. Now tell me, what exceptional "thing" they are doing to warrant additional pay?

Lives with mom has no bills

OR we can go to these places and eat and NOT tip. We get out food, and you get your wage. WOW, what a foreign fucking concept!

Why do you faggots keep talking about this 'dining' experience? As if it's God's divine plan or some shit. We go to eat. Nothing more or less. STFU and bring me my meal you idiot, and stop complaining about your shit wage.

Why is it I've never have a problem leaving a decent tip, but on the chance a woman wants to take me out for dinner and pays for everything she always tips like a nigger?

So you expect to your customer to pay extra because you didn't fuck up your job ? That's ridiculous. No other industry works like that

>emirates

and that's why you're a waiter

Well some of us didn't get scholarships because we grew up in piss poor towns that no one cares about and so our dream job is really only a dream after all.

Fuck off, salary cynic.

itt: poor sweaty virgin teens who do the bare minimum (i.e. food from A to B) but expect +15% for doing their job, and then complain in Sup Forums when they don't.

Because if someone else covers the bill, then she is expecting you to AT LEAST chip in for the tip you tight fuck

Why are you so fucking butthurt about it? Seriously? It doesn't affect you at all and everyone is fine with it but Europeans.

t. silver platterfag

Tipping exists only in the Usa because you have no balls to ask the employer to give you a better paycheck and not 3,5$ per hour. There is no point in tipping either since most of the times people spit in plates and stuff

I grew up in a single mum family. I still went to university and got a half decent job without a scholarship. STFU. stop blaming us for your mistakes.