Is it the best album of the 70s?

Is it the best album of the 70s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sMoO8FNbRJA
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not even close

70s isn't really my area, i'm more of a 60s guy, but holy fuck, that album is massively overrated.

Yes, the best album of all time by the best band of all time

not even the best album of the year it were released

listening now, and i already like it more than dsotm

That album is not even in the top 10000 OP

You're pretty stupid if you think its the best or the worst of the era, or genre. DSotM is the most middle of the road rock album i've ever head. It gets very little wrong, but at the same time barely leaves its bubble of concepts and remains somewhat empty. I admire a little error in music. Where artists are able to include tri-tone, diminished chords, strange mixing and production choices ect and still have a masterpiece of a product, you have to look at albums like these and say, does it actually interest me?

Not even the among the best Pink Floyd albums of the 70s

That's not even the best album of the day of the month of the year it was released

D-did pre-Dare Human League just get mentioned?
I love you.
Although Travelogue is my personal favourite.

Dont be a faggot

THIS

Dark side is a pretty good album and has fantastic production, but there are so many better 70s albums god damn

You can say that, but this album basically defined the 70s: the music is almost universally acclaimed, the lyrics make an impact, it sold well, even the album cover is iconic.

what you guys think of doom side?
youtube.com/watch?v=sMoO8FNbRJA

I'm guessing you've only heard about 5 albums from the 70s.

DSotM is sure a good entry, but check out the first album of this 4 proletarian band
I think it's groundbreaking
It may create a whole new genre of its own

filturd :DDDDD

Black Sabbath did not invent metal...

Who did?
It's not even the best album of March,1973

yeah sure, keep calling it "metal" you frightened tripfag

Clear Light in 1967 with Street Singer. Even then, some other bands played metal before Black Sabbath in 1969, such as Pink Floyd with the Nile Song and King Crimson with 21st Century Schizoid Man.

wtf

OP asked for ALBUMS here.
Maybe your grandmother's farts was already drone metal?

DSotM is pretty good, but this is

And I'm not replying to OP, faggot, I'm replying to this guy >It may create a whole new genre of its own
This is wrong. They did not create a new genre.

Exile On Main Street or Marquee Moon

>Not Future Days
Bummer

No band really "creates" a whole new genre. But Black Sabbath pretty much codified it and put out the first real recognisable metal album. Sure there were Iron Butterfly, Blue Cheer and Cream and stuff but they fell more into hard rock or heavy psych. Black Sabbath was the first widespread proper heavy metal album. So for all intents and purposes, they kinda did.

Why does everyone meme it as the best album of all time? The Wall is better by miles

First post, best post

>No band really "creates" a whole new genre
Arguably. You should listen to the three songs I mentioned before.
>Black Sabbath pretty much codified it and put out the first real recognisable metal album
They made the first metal album, but metal was already a thing before them.
>Sure there were Iron Butterfly, Blue Cheer and Cream and stuff but they fell more into hard rock or heavy psych
I wouldn't call them metal except for arguably Blue Cheer.
>Black Sabbath was the first widespread proper heavy metal album.
Who cares if they made a metal album? Metal was already a thing.
>So for all intents and purposes, they kinda did.
Not at all.

Because it's the first album a lot of people listen to.

that "I did it before" argument is weak. If you want to talk about the triton use to justify this, then I could say that JS Bach invented metal. And I'm pretty sure a blind nigger already wrote a dark-waved blues song somewhere in the 40s...

The point is, Black Sabbath was recorded in one day with minimum personnel, when it took floyd 6 months in abbey road.
I fuckin love Dark side, but given the effort, that 42minutes of music must really have been hard to put out!
Sabbath effortlessly put out a great album, with its mistake, its naivety, its honesty. It maybe not have created something new at all, but you can't deny it influenced a whole part of rock music.

(notice I didn't used "metal")

>that "I did it before" argument is weak to determine who did something befoer
do you have brain damage?
>If you want to talk about the triton use to justify this, then I could say that JS Bach invented metal.
Yes, you have brain damage.
>The point is, Black Sabbath was recorded in one day with minimum personnel, when it took floyd 6 months in abbey road.
Completely irrelevant.

I think you seriously lack reading comprehension because all I have ever said is that Black Sabbath did not invent any genre.

No, this is.

You are kinda thick. Black Sabbath brought coherence to the whole "metal" thing, in that sense, the guy you are arguing with, they did invent metal. Are you going to fucking tell me that Macca invented metal with Helter Skelter? It sure was heavy as fuck back then, but he didn't bring the aesthetics, that eeriness of the sound, those dark lyrics, the disenterest to appeal to the audience through happy bright colors. That is a staple mark of the genre and that is what Black Sabbath did.
I will say that the argument of how long it took the album to make it's irrelevant.

E N O
N
O

You might've gotten dubs, but you picked the wrong album.

Pic posted is the best album of the 1970s

The Wall and Animals are better than Dark Side, lol.

Ziggy's better.

t. someone who listens to Hunky Dory and Young Americans way more.

Master of Reality is their undisputed high point in the 70s though

This.

The second half of the album is flawless, and that's on top of the already phenomenal first half.

Was torn really between the two

No one cares fucktard

Pretty sure you have brain damage

They did not invent metal. It's like saying the guy who commercialized light-bulbs invented light-bulbs, even though they already existed for a few years since then.
>Are you going to fucking tell me that Macca invented metal with Helter Skelter?
No.
>That is a staple mark of the genre and that is what Black Sabbath did.
That's not how you spell Clear Light.

I only corrected someone else's ignorant "opinion", so they should care.

Says the guy who lacks reading comprehension.

you rang?

Iconic cover, iconic songs, iconic lyrics - yeah I'd say so.

Even if Animals is better. Shame Roger's a fucking cunt.

Just squeaked in at the end of November.

That album is legit massively overrated. Its good, but everybody jerks it off way too much.