So how come contemporary Marvel heroes don't actually fight crime...

So how come contemporary Marvel heroes don't actually fight crime? I think that's a big reason why I hate all the MCU movies - everything is some intergalactic conflict. Thor fights another alien on Earth, but that doesn't make him a superhero. The Avengers fight an army of aliens in New York and save it, sure... but why does nobody just stop crime anymore? Do the Avengers fight low-level crimes, or is that beneath them? It just seems like the scale of the MCU movies has to constantly one-up itself so there's no room for little moments.

That's what was so great about Raimi's Spider-men. Peter actually fights crime and tries to help the city on a daily basis and be someone that people look up to. He fights the Green Goblin, yes, but he fights plenty of small crimes. It seems like his main concern is fighting small crimes and then supervillains come unexpectedly to challenge him. With the Avengers, it seems like their main concern is intergalactic supervillains and maybe they'll fight some crime if they get a chance. Do they, though? I can't think of any examples of them fighting crime in present day. Tony took out some terrorists in Iron Man 1 I guess.

Anyway... just some thoughts. Seems like superheroes today are less like superheroes and more like intergalactic defenders.

Because marvel is shit.

>marvelcucks will defend this

> intergalactic defenders

Like they're guardians of the galaxy or something

I actually agree with this. I liked that aspect of the first Iron Man as well where he was fighting small time terrorists. Dredd, though not really a superhero movie, does a great job of this as well.

Capeshit is the equivalent to typical shounen: ever-growing conflict scales and powerlevels that get boring except for nerds.

Pic related.

Spiderman is the only major who really does patrols in the MCU anyway. Most of the others are either government bound or cosmic powered so they're not particularly vigilante-like.

>Dredd, though not really a superhero movie, does a great job of this as well.

Dredd is a fucking police officer, bringing him up is retarded.

We see the Avengers fighting Hydra and their terrorist cells several times.

You're an idiot.

>So how come contemporary Marvel heroes don't actually fight crime?
>Do the Avengers fight low-level crimes, or is that beneath them?
Its beneath them

>Iron man
Fights terrorists.

>The Hulk
Fights the military and monsters

>Captain america
Fights terrorists and international criminals

>Thor
Fights aliens cos-playing as Norse legends

Yeah but Hydra are a Nazi splinter group that's trying to destroy the planet with some blue cube I can't really distinguish from any of the other intergalactic weapons on the MCU.

Is that really street level crime to you?

>terrorist cells
>street level crime

Uh... lol?

>Forbush Man is there
lol

Yeah that's why Spider-man and Batman have always been my two favorites. Hell, even Superman rescues individual people from accidents/crimes.

While the Avengers are quipping in their expensive tower all day, people are literally getting raped in NYC alleyways

>there will never be a good spider-man film in your lifetime again
>2004 was 12 years ago

I'm so mad people are already hyping homecoming. Just shit all over the one superhero I like why don't you and be praised for doing so

Maybe he's French.

This. Falcon guards the Avengers complex all day. Why doesn't he actually try to save some lives?

Because all modern superhero movies are vehicles for military propaganda. Every single one has them in some way helping US soldiers out, even the Hulk (contrary to the comment above).

It's because he's a twink

> While the Avengers are quipping in their expensive tower all day, people are literally getting raped in NYC alleyways

Considering how crime infested New York is in the Netflix shows, they can't even blame real New York's gentrification.

Fighting crime is racist.

Also, terrorists should never be featured in capeshit. Hate seeing that shit.

Crime fighting is bullshit unless it's got a specific goal in mind like revenge against a crime organization. If I wanted that shit I'd actually read a comic book.

Ouch, too soon. I did kek though

Fighting crime is way below the Avengers' weight class. Super-soldiers, giant green rage-monsters, secret agents, Norse gods, African warrior-kings, and Tony motherfucking Stark are not going to waste their time busting purse-snatchers when they're already busy as hell trying to stop international conspiracies, dangerous monsters, and cosmic threats. It's like having Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali go out of their way to box against some no-name punk from Buttfuckistan.

If you want to see actual crime-fighting in the MCU, watch the Netflix shows starring street-level vigilantes. Spider-Man will probably also cover that in his movie as well, since he straddles the line between being a street-level vigilante and a B-list superhero.

A cute sexy twink

This is why justice league unlimited will always be my favorite animated hero anything. You always got a bit of both, fighting demon lords to flash delivering toys to orphans.

Disney is too concerned with name dropping comic book events and making shallow continuity to have a balance. But atleast theyre doing abetter job than dc right now. Which is about as good as saying atleast you made shit instead of diarrhea.

are you the HAHAHAHAHAHA le spoilerHAHAHAHAle spoiler end poster?

see when people say that the Nolan movies were shit this is what I point them to

At least they show batman beating the fuck out of thugs at the docks and joker's henchman. It's not some super galactic evil he's fighting and it's so much more fun. Same with Spiderman and the Raimi films