galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
youtube.com/watch?v=K5G1FmU-ldg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginal_disc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

Death is when life has ended.

the next stage of consciousness

How can there be consciousness if you're dead?

cessation of cellular metabolism

Baby don't kill me
Don't kill me
Again

nah the atoms your conciousness is created of will just fuck off to somewhere else and will never form in that combination again so you're just gone

Something that won't get here soon enough for me.

why do you think there is consciousness just because you are alive. do you think caterpillars arent killed in the process of morphing into a butterfly?

end of existence

Death itself, doesn't exist, when you die is just that you left behind the body that you borrowed to live this experience called life. I die once, but I was aware of everything and I was feeling peaceful.

look into the morphic resonance theory by rupert sheldrake and his experiments with insects with telepathic fields

this is the dumbest shit I've ever read

Death is sweet release

>people still haven't realized that we reincarnate into animals when we die

so you think they are alive through the process and you think thats not dumb? lol

poo in loo? is it you?

Morphic resonance is pseudoscience and Sheldrake is a hack.

When you stop living

Define consciousness.

the same was thought about countless theories in the past. what makes you think you're right

advanced frontal lobes in the brain overcoming instinct

no i am horse

galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

Because it doesn't follow the scientific method. It isn't science yet masquerades as science, therefore it is pseudoscience.

i dont think it can be defined because we dont fully understand it yet. how do you define something that is intangible

Death is chaos.

Then I think there is consciousness because I have advanced frontal lobes in my brain which enable me to overcome instinct.

Death is when you are forgotten.

>hur hur it doesnt follow scientific method
>scientific methods that have been changed and tweaked over and over as we grow our knowledge of said theories we claim are set in stone from the beginning
keep drinking that koolaid

do you still shit in the streets?

If you can't define it, then how can you possibly talk about it? Any statement you make about it would be gibberish.
>how do you define something that is intangible
A problem for those who believe in supernatural gobbledygook, not me.

You're not wrong, life is frantically trying to preserve it's own order, at whatever the cost.
The question is, is life the anomaly and chaos the norm?

The peace I'm longing for.

>scientific methods that have been changed and tweaked over and over as we grow our knowledge of said theories we claim are set in stone from the beginning
Wrong. Learn how science works retard. Scientific theories are NEVER set in stone, and the fact that they can change doesn't mean the methodology behind the scientific method has changed.

Eternal peace of mind..... happiness

SWEET RELEASE

if you die, you are dead, I know its hard concept, but thats how it works, if they died in the process they would be dead. Its really that simple

I have a strong feeling it's just going to another life

im gonna look it up but i can already say, i just dont believe that all conciousnesses of every human (and animal) that has ever existed still is floating around somewhere. my conciousness didnt exist before my body came into existence and it just doesnt make sense that it will continue existing when my body doesnt. at least not in the way it is existing now.

youtube.com/watch?v=K5G1FmU-ldg

Supposedly tests have been run that prove the nervous system doesn't dissolve in the slurry that becomes the butterfly.

I would suggest the opposite
Death is nothingness
Non existence
What is chaotic about absolutely nothing?

I would argue life is chaos. Thrust into the unknown, ever changing, everexpanding realities that we live in and create for ourselves, constantly trying to persevere for reasons unknown

> null
> the end of an emerging process
> a thing people pretend will happen when they have an existential crises, due to fearing the end of their Ego... the planner and self in the moment
> cessation of an organic system

But death always brings chaos to others

thats a lot more complex than death

so yes I guess your right

You think of consciousness as separate entities. The major belief is that consciousness of all living things is one singularity, a "being" or "god" itself. We cannot comprehend it's true nature in the form we live in

supposedly you are a highschool dropout that shouldn't be talking about things you have no knowledge of.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginal_disc

>do you think caterpillars arent killed in the process of morphing into a butterfly?
Yes. If they died they would not become butterflies. They just change.

> internet autist who thinks they are important because people can be manipulated to indulge the inherent capacity to say any random bullshit on the internet and can't tell you to kys in real life in most public places

Death brings chaos to others- whom are living

What chaos do you endure in death?

Death is peace, paradise, TRUE FREEDOM

May gain favor with it, for we are slaves to death all our existence. And may we live long, to know the value that freedom has

When life stops.
The absence of life.
When everything that makes something alive stops working.

Every time you go to sleep you die.
Someone else wakes up in your body thinking they are you.
Death is just a sleep from which you don't wake up.

humans don't die, their spirit keeps on living, protecting the loves ones left behind, you call them guardian angels if you like, spirits are not all good, just like us, some have bad intentions and some are good, the life you live now and the way you'll die determines your peace. The universe is full of gods not God, and you're god.

Whos that? Nice feet!

Death is not freedom. Death is the ultimate prison from which you will never escape.

It feels the same as before you were born

bad people get buttfucked by satan
good people make macaroni pictures with jesus

Death is the end of our punishment. Some may find it hard to believe, but i guess they will understand it eventually.

Death is everything we've ever lived for. The only thing that matters.

death is both the past and future

Death is when the functions of life cease.
Nothing special.

There's was an infinite amount of time where you weren't alive, then you lived for a small time usually around 70-80 years, then you die. and it will be just like before you were alive, for another infinity.

Take a memory card and put 2,000 pictures on it, go outside and smash the card into bits and burn it. What happened to the picture data? That is death for a human.

We are nothing but organic machines, star dust contemplating the stars. We should focus on existence, not death, which is a meaningless concept in the cosmic perspective.

Oh, and you know this how?

I was born from the void. We all were. We all "escaped." What's to say we can't leave it again?

The only things certain are:

You have left
You will return

Once we develop sentient machines, death will be less of a mystery.

It isn't much of a mystery now.

There is no such thing as death.
We created a concept of death through a flawed concept of consciousness.
Suppose in 20 years someone like Elon Musk's Neuralink succeeds into copying your mind into virtual reality by reading electric activity in each single neuron. Will it be death if your original body dies? What if they make 10 copies of your mind will there be 10 consciousnesses? What if they switch the server with your mind into maintenance mode and forget to turn it on, will it be death?

Our concept of consciousness, soul or whatnot is flawed, because there is none. You think you are the same person as the when you were 5 years old, but you have maybe a couple of memories of that kid, and maybe a couple of personality traits are the same. That kid was a different person than you now, he is gone. Did the kid actually die? I would not say so, if yes then you die every night because you personality and memories change all the time. Then death is nothing to be afraid of.

Kek

>There is no such thing as death.
The cessation of the process that we call life.

Why can't transhumanists define death?

I think it's pretty likely that when you die you'll wake up, because you can't experience time when you're death.

And since your consciousness formed at some time, it may form again, in this universe or the next.

End of life

>The cessation of the process that we call life.
Defining death through life. Ok ok. Are you one of those mid-century scholastics who like to make circular definitions. Like define god through love and love through god? You should take a class in logic.

>And since your consciousness formed at some time, it may form again, in this universe or the next.
Not necessarily. You would need to be able to show that one consciousness can 'form' more than once.

Sure. If there infinite amount of time ahead your consciousness might accidentally form in the future.
A million monkeys can write Shakespeare by randomly hammering on keys for millions of years.

So, defining a term through negation is not allowed in logic? What about that whole ~p thing?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain

>Are you one of those mid-century scholastics who like to make circular definitions.
No.
>You should take a class in logic.
I have.

Death is defined by life, but life is not defined by death.

pretty sure it isn't a white marble ass. but I am not an expert, so i will reserve my opinion.

Go study some logic kid.

>>You should take a class in logic.
>I have.
Does not sound like. Take another one, this time not from coursera.

i think you should rephrase your question to what comes after death, because we already know a tremendous amount of what death is but not what happens after death. and what can happen after death is different in both animals and humans because an animal brain doesnt function in the way a human brain does, a mind of a dog does not have a developed conscious while a human has a fully developed subconscious and conscious mind. there are some that say that the subconscious mind is the one that lives on after death, whatever thoughts which are buried within will make for a surreal world in which you shall be placed for eternity.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain
That does not demonstrate what I asked.

death is the only way out from the stranglehold of the jews

well that's not good

Death is when you do the same thing over and over again and you know it will do nothing but you just don't care anymore

>Does not sound like.
I cannot control what things sound like to you.
>Take another one, this time not from coursera.
It wasn't from coursera, it was from an accredited public university.

If there is a flaw in something I have said, feel free to point it out.

That's insanity

that statue has some sexy fucking feet

Death is:

1. Unknown.
2. Mystery.

That is all. There is still no way to know what happens next, if the consciousness keeps existing, if there is a spirit that leaves the body, if our consciousness keeps existing in the dead body forever...

lol "what happens after death"

all cellular activity ceases, the body decays.

there's no 'soul', there's no 'afterlife', there aren't multiple universes, and reincarnation's laughable.

NULL...

You can di anything when you are dead, not even thinking because if you try you will end up causing a segmentation fault signal.

Sometimes it happens that your place couls be allocated to some other organism with equal space as you, but in that case universe performs a memset to 0 first, so your data are just erased.

Hello Mr.Jew

*Can't

>If there is a flaw in something I have said, feel free to point it out.
I would love to, but you are not making it easy. Unless you elaborate your thoughts instead of throwing choppy sentences.
>What about that whole ~p thing?
Most likely you attempt trolling and therefore I am not interested conversing.

>That kid was a different person than you now, he is gone.

That's not entirely true, maybe the kid was different in personality, but I still remember looking through the same eyes. i, e consciousness

that's what we don't understand fully

We can't "know", but we can come to reasonable conclusions based on the available evidence. In addition, the null hypothesis is that spirits and such do not exist until demonstrated otherwise.