p good band
wish they would get back together

Aren't they making a new album now?

...I almost fell for it.

if only

I feel bad when I listen to them

How come?

good band

A band name that describes their fanbase.

I'm learning Prison Sex on guitar right now. Feels good man.

tront could snap maynard "manlet" keenan in half

It bores me. It has no soul.

BEFORE I PINE AWAAAAAAAAAAAY

I dont know quite what to feel about them. I really like a lot of their music, but can't stand the vocalist's (maynard?) singing. Just feels a little whiney when its set to this crushing driving psyched up cool shit. I dunno. I guess what I'm saying is I love their instrumentals

I used to love them when I was a crazy druggie, I saw them many times, met and partied with the guy (Alex Grey) who drew all the trippy album art for them. Good times.

I don't listen them much anymore but I still like them and they have a special place in my heart.

Not on spotify so I don't listen.

they recycle their guitar riffs an rely on gimmicks to keep people entertaine

WEAR THE GRUDGE LIKE A CROWN

you just don't know what soul is.

what's sad is that this post is not technically wrong. Maynard seems so honestly disinterested in the new Tool album. And it's taking so long. Probably also the bigger fanboys not helping.

used to like them but now i find their music so cringy.

You're retarded.
How is he in person?

Pretty much this. I'm not wild about the instrumentals either though. They do some really cool things with song structure though and I respect the autistic level of detail they put into things. Maynard's shitty post-grunge sounding vocals ruin it though.

Incredibly cool, chill, interesting, easy to talk to to. After meeting him twice he remembered by face/name which was surprising to me since he sees tons of new faces every party he is at and he is a much more important person than I. Even offered to sponsor my band/help me with this multi-media project my friends and I had thought up.

His wife is shit though, she got mad at me one time for spending too much time talking to him.

Why?

>got mad at me one time for spending too much time talking to him.
women in a nutshell

it doesn't work

nice explaining

the truth is, everyone who hates tool hasnt actually listened to them

Godtier alt-metal
Great lyrics, complex yet accessible music, great aesthetic, wide variety of styles.

Absolute shit-tier fan base though

MY SHADOOW

tools alright. every kitchen staffed with white people listens to tool

It's pretty good
fucking amazing basslines

WOW BITING COMMENTARY

I like Lateralus but I tried Aenima and it didn't really stand out to me, is it worth listening to again/trying other material by them?
Like really Lateralus is a very good album.

if you like lateralus then you'd probably like 10k days

The same as RATM, make a new album or stfu

Æ>L=U>10KD

New album better be god-tier when it drops in 20 years, or I'm gonna be horribly disappointed.

Who cares? Just listen to their old albums. it's not like they magically disappear after 3 listens you numbskull

Yes. AEnima takes longer to click tan 10k days and Lateralus but it clicks hard. Third Eye especially. Some of their best on there.

Hooker with a Penis
46 & 2
Jimmy
Pushit is great until you hear the Salival version. After that there's no going back.

L>AE=10k>U

Maybe I'm biased because Third Eye made me cum (no joke).

I believe you. I once listened to it for 3 hours straight over and over on repeat.

But Lateralus literally changed my life and has brought me to tears.

GOAT desu

Best song desu

The ending makes you feel like you transcended into a new form of being.

Are you the guy that hand-free came to Third Eye while high?

lol what

It's not that he's not interested he doesn't get involved until the instrumentals are done. They send him the finished music he adds the melody and writes the lyrics. He cranks that shit out in no time.

Truth be told, there's been a lot of delays danny tore his acl or some-shit. lawsuit that lasted almost 10 years...etc. adam and the boys are working it out now. I'd expect it spring/fall 2018 at the earliest. They are contractually obligated to another album so sooner-or-later there will be one. Also,

youtube.com/watch?v=J68gH5PiSZg

Here's the part that matters that doesn't have over an hour of MMA and wine talk youtube.com/watch?v=2-qqMGnxcs4

Oh shit, actually yeah. I didn't think anyone would remember that.

I tell everyone who cares enough to listen, that if they enjoy live music, go see them at least once. It's an experience for sure.

Anything off of Undertow is fucking difficult for me. Let me play literally anything else from any of their albums but as soon as I attempt Intolerance or Crawl Away nope I just suck

The only album(s) I would say have that voice would be on Opiate and Undertow though. Like 10000 Days and Lateralus have softer vocals

Honestly though I love the part just before the ending on Parabola but the only songs that have made me feel hard was 10k Days, Intension, and Disposition
>but I get really pumped on the ending on Lateralus

I enjoy them,the scream on The Grudge makes my hair stand up.

>GIVE ME MY WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGS
What was your reaction when you first listened to it
>immediate chills
>go to look up the lyrics
>have basic understanding of what happened to his mom
>listen again
>hard sinking feeling as I realize what he's saying

Really?? That sounds weird, they're not totally difficult.
Are you using Drop-D tuning?

Yes, except for Prison Sex and Crawl Away. I guess it's just all the weird shit Adam was doing with his guitar.

Boring alt metal band

>only 2 or 3 songs are done so far
Fucking kill me

Prefer APC

>
THEY ALL HAVE BIG PEEPEEs sad

Only 5887 days to go boys.

thought they are edgy and depressing tryhard, but listened to the few podcasts with maynard james keenan on joe rogan and he seems like a chill, fun dude who cares about making wine and jiu jitsu
expected him to be some 2deep4u edgelord

Hm. Spring is also the most popular time to kill yourself.
Maybe cause there's not much going on.

>3 days to go
>Album cancelled due to vineyard emergency

really makes me think: the band

I don't know why, but to me this is one of those bands where the label 'pretentious' is actually legit. Probably the reason why I also have a disdain for the word progressive.

Basically the 2deep4you the band.

Someone could ask what's my reasoning for this, well, using weird time signatures and psychedelic music videos do not change the fact that I find the music bland. I don't care about the fact some of their songs has structures which imitate some mathematical formula because for me that means absolutely nothing.

Yea but Tool actually sounds cool, Dream Theatre is more along the lines of what your talking about.

>Truth be told, there's been a lot of delays danny tore his acl or some-shit. lawsuit that lasted almost 10 years...etc.
You mean normal everyday life shit that everyone goes through? Yeah must be real hard to do work when so much normal stuff is happening...