When are they going to make the true captain america movie?

When are they going to make the true captain america movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Generation_Kill_characters
youtube.com/watch?v=ncpHXvpma8o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WHERE DO I WATCH THIS ONLINE FOR FREE IN GOOD QUALITY

PLEASE RESPOND

Surprised nobody fragged this shitbird.

Trombley did nothing wrong.

HIS UNCLE'S A FULL BIRD COLONEL AT CENTCOM

Yurofag here, I love this show, watched it a couple times. Love the banter, love the accents, love the colloquialisms. I just can't wrap my head around what the chain of command is exactly.

Is Brad in charge of just their truck or the one riding behind as well? Isn't Nate the same rank as Captain America? So many questions. I wish I could find a neat graph explaining who's in charge of who.

They already did. It's called "To Hell and Back", starring Audie Murphy as himself.

Brad is in charge of Team 1 which includes his humvee and Esperas humvee as well

Nate Fick is First Lieutenant

>I wish I could find a neat graph explaining who's in charge of who.

it you'd bought the DVD instead of pirating it you'd have one

Nate and Captain America are commanders of different platoons. Brad is team and squad leader in Nate's platoon.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Generation_Kill_characters

Brad (enlisted) was the squad/team leader. He's just in charge of the people in his HMMWV. Nate (officer) was their platoon commander. Captain America was another platoon commander.

Audie Murphy was a real fucking badass. They had to tone the action scenes down in the movie from his real life because they didn't think people would believe it.

please guys

>Brad is in charge of Team 1 which includes his humvee and Esperas humvee as well
Right, that's what I thought.
>Nate Fick is First Lieutenant
That doesn't help me much lol

So they're the same rank, then why is Captain America always having his say when everyone knows he's incompetent?

Thank you. This whole thing is confusing to me, but thank you.

someone have a pic of this?

buy the blue-ray
seriously totally honestly worth it

>Watch this online

Amazon Prime, goy.

>for free

Yar-har-har, Janny boy.

Captain America is incompetent twat. Kinda different character than turbomanlet that killed fuckload of Krauts and stopped a fucking battalion pretty much alone.

Well he can order his platoon to do what he wants. As long as it stays reasonably within mission parameters there won't be many consequences.

Most of the officers are incompetent. They were a bunch of guys that would usually be sitting in the FOB if the USMC didn't decide to adopt blitzkrieg-esque tactics in the early stages of the invasion.

Thanks. Still not very clear to me, but having never been in the military, that's to be expected I guess.

Nate and Iceman were the goat characters

FOLLOW MY TRACERS!

>not manimal
>not rudy
>not pappy
Evaluate your life.

>no rudy to shave my face
;_;

>Not Trombley

They did, it stars Reb Brown

>godfather
>poke
>gunny

TAINTED LOVE

come on user

One of the few blu ray tv shows I own. Got it for $20 at a Flea Market.

This dude didn't get a lot of screen time but he was pretty based. One of the few good leaders.
He was awesome in the Dawn of the Dead remake too.

Here you go senpai

Cutest sniper team in history.

>how'd it feel to kill
>i dunno dog felt fuckin good I guess
>i try to live my life by the dao, bro, can't always make my own dharma

>One of the few good leaders.

You fucking what? He was the biggest fuckup there was. Is this bait?

Fun fact: Rudy played himself. The actor was the actual Marine.

Just realised it's blurred as shit, here's another one.

Sorry I'm shit at taking photos on this fucking phone.

pretty sure you've got him mixed up with this guy

Yes, I did. fuck.

Yeah that user did. They kind of look alike. Was awesome when he punched Encino Man at the football game.

I think I heard that the real captain america was actually a great guy but they made him a retard in the series. Can anyone confirm this or am I confused?

>It's a Godfather changes the plans episode

THIS THREAD IS IN VAA-LATION OF THE GROOMIN STANDARD

In the book I'm pretty sure everyone thought he was a good guy pre-deployment. Once they got into Iraq he basically lost his shit and started to overanalyze every situation. He just wasn't cut out for combat.

(EW = Ewan Wright)

Evan, your platoon commander earned the nickname “Captain America” because he emptied a magazine on an abandoned S.U.V., shot an Iraqi in the back and tried to bayonet a couple of prisoners. Why wasn’t he reprimanded? What happened to him afterwards?

> EK: He was a solid guy. Really sharp, respected by his platoon. The problem is some people just aren’t cut out for combat. Somehow he found himself in combat in a leadership position. He made a lot of mistakes but the problem is, he continued that trend of mistakes. Nobody relieved him. Everybody knew about it. The problem is it is a grey area ... did he really cross the line? There were 20 other things he did that were definitely questionable. He progressively got worse. It was subtle. Every firefight he was in, his paranoia snowballed. And then he got to the point where he started acting out. His security blanket was pulling the trigger. I think he’s working with the DIA [Defense Intelligence Agency] now. In the military, you get blacklisted. He got back from his deployment, and he was kind of pushed to Florida.

>EW: One of the questions I always get is were you afraid? I was terrified. But I learned very quickly my fear manifested itself by trying to become more calm. Because I rationally thought, if I panic then I will become less aware. I won’t notice what’s happening and I have to understand what’s happening to survive. If I was screaming and yelling like I really wanted to do, I would die. With Captain America, his fear made him behave irrationally.

I remember what it was that I heard. Basically after the events of Generation Kill he went to work for intelligence or some other non combat role where he apparently did an excellent job.

I think we need to discuss the grooming standards situation.

The officers in genkill were all people who were never meant to see combat. The force recon operate as independent teams, or atleast that was the plan, but in iraq they were made into a convoy of humvees, and since there were so many of them their normally desk bound officers were called into the field with them.

It mentions in the book that in afghanistan they were deployed how they were supposed to, without any of their officers breathing down their necks. The officers were basically just administration guys, not combat effective.

The whole iraq invasion was just one big fuckup from the very top, Rumsfeld was incompetent and if the iraqis had the morale to stand and fight there would have been a lot more dead americans.

>Grooming children

>Thank you. This whole thing is confusing to me, but thank you.

Military organization goes like this.

Lowest thing is naturally individual combatant.

He has battle buddy.

Next thing is fire team aka patrol aka half squad. About five guys. Usually led by corporal or sergeant.

Two or three of these makes squad. About half dozen to dozen or so guys depending on what kind of squad it is. Usually led by sergeant or staff sergeant.

Depending on organization and country usually 3 or 4 squads makes a platoon with command element that usually includes medic and forward observer patrol. 15 to about 40 depending what kind of platoon it is. Usually led by lieutenant

HQ and fire support(and occasionally also supply)platoon that has shit marksmen, mortars, anti-tank stuff and medevac squad and 3 to 5 regular or specialized platoons makes a company. Company usually has about hundred guys, but can be anything between 50 and 200 guys. Usually led by captain

Battalions are usually made of about three regular companies, mortar company, engineer company and HQ-company with signals platoon, medical platoon, supply platoon, dog fucker...ehh.. military police platoon, recon platoon and shieet. Size is anything from 500 to 1000 guys usually. Usually led by major or lt. colonel.

Battalions then make up either regiments or brigades. Regiment usually has couple battalions. Brigade at least in my neck of woods usually has 3 regular battalions, engineer battalion, HQ-battalion with all kinds of supply and logistics shit, some independent specialized companies like anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles and artillery regiment. Size in manpower is generally thousands when comes to brigades. Usually led by colonel or brigadier general.

Next thing is division in countries that haven't switched to brigade based organizations. It is made of regiments and independent battalions of various kinds. Size in manpower is 10k or higher. Led by general, politician, pervert or all of those

>tfw they'd have won the war if they'd only followed his traycors

POO-LEECE THAT MOOSTACHE

I keep trying to get people to watch this but no one seems to be interested. The name doesn't help.

People ITT should read the book it's based on (the one Reporter wrote)

It's breddy good, a couple of scenes happen a bit differently. That thing where they scrubbed the Bong machine was actually also a lot more significant than the show makes out- that would have been the first Para jump mission in decades.

They cut out a lot in the show as well, simply because in reality they went through about a million identical towns on the way to Baghdad

Kek

Apparently the reasoning was that Rudy is so fucking weird in real life that they didn't think an actor would quite capture it

>tfw he turned out to be a pedo IRL

On the plus side, Casey Kasem, who is given a lot of shit in GK, took over as platoon commander after Brad left (?), and was apparently really fucking good

They hired him as military adviser and ended up casting him. Bit similar to pic related in Band of Brothers and Platoon.

that dude was top-notch brass

>that dude was top-notch brass

He was mustang officer IRL. Prior service as enlisted. Guy with common sense, loved by regular troopers and hated by real life brass by default as they were jelly about respect he got underlings.

The real Kocher played some dude in Alpha company. Wonder why they didn't have him play himself.

Simo killed russians you mong.

He was talking about Audie Murphy, you mong.

Thank you that was really informative

Just replied to post about turbomanlet with another prime example.

I have actually met Simo couple times. Once in guided tour of Salpa-linja on tour mostly arranged by a retired major or colonel and my high school history teacher and on other occasion when volunteering in nursing home... a retired community as they say it in Sopranos threads, took residents for walks in park surrounding nursing home. One of them was him. We talked about birds and weather. He could hear 'em thanks to hearing aid, but couldn't see 'em that much. With other veterans that were bit younger I talked with 'em about more summer heat things they had in Continuation war like yellow fever and diarrhea that comes with spending summers in trenches. Fairly disillusioned and not so glorious stuff average grunts had to deal with.

Just download it you fucking faggot. There's a x265 release that weights 5 gigs in great quality.

>they're eating some weird meat over here

>it's like Jeffrey Dahmer's picnic

He played a fictional character, funny enough. You always see him next to captain Patterson, this guy he's the one who always looks like he has mascara and eyeliner on. I watched interviews with him and he just normally looks like that. pic related on the right

FOLLOW MY TRACERS

leave you alone for ten minutes and you go all lord of the flies and shit

They weren't Force Recon (MARSOC/Raiders). They were Recon Battalion. Force Recon makes up Delta company inside of the battalion. More of a special forces unit.

>They had to tone the action scenes down in the movie from his real life because they didn't think people would believe it.

He isn't only guy who had to be toned down from IRL to movie version. Pic related made world better of about 140 slavs, movie version just killed about 80 godless commies.

youtube.com/watch?v=ncpHXvpma8o

>They had to tone the action scenes down in the movie from his real life because they didn't think people would believe it.
they did that in Generation Kill too by the way, to tone down the more outlandish shit that happened since showing it in full would make the show less believable

>He also was in Starship Troopers

I've read it and I gotta say the TV adaptation is pretty fucking faithful. I also read One Bullet Away Nate Fick's book and that's great as well. However you can tell he's an officer because he doesn't name a lot of the fuckup officers and doesn't really go over the fuckups.

>ironic nicknames

He was a desk jockey that tried way too fucking hard. Later on, just before the HBO series premiered, a blog popped up that had a bunch of rants aimed at Nate, the reporter, and everyone else involved saying the book was full of shit and that enlisted grunts have no idea what they're talking about.

They never found out who it was, but the reporter was pretty sure it was Encino Man.