UK fag here

UK fag here.

Anyone think it's pretty hard to find a job that pays over 20k annually? I'm on 20k at the moment but trying to get any job above that pays more than that without a degree is pretty hard.

Anyone earning over 20k what job do you do and how did you get into it??

Without a diploma your best bet ut to learn a trade idk over in bongland but here in the US liscensed electricians can make 40k a year start and master electricians up to 90k. Plimbers also make a shit ton more than youd think

A nice example my pill popping step uncle makes 44k a year as an HVAC repairman

I'm rubbish at practical stuff like trades etc.

A friend of mine makes almost as much as I do. He is an apprentice electrician.

I am an IT consultant

Well than i hope your a good sales person otherwise your pretty fucked

45k Network support, IT work basically. No degree

Get a degree, most companies who give out jobs that pay 20k plus will use a degree as a filter, it honestly doesn't matter what degree you have in that situation. But do yourself a favour and do something in the sciences, do something good for humanity and don't waste the money

I can't afford / don't have the time to get a degree. I have rent and bills to pay. Need to work full time

Go into a trade, it's the only type of job that you can get paid that much or something similar while training. Unfortunately if you don't get pushed into education or a trade after college/6th form like I was you won't get a job paying that well

If you were American i could help you out but idk how things work in bongland. Im getting my associates degree at a community college free. I had to play the system a good bit but i got it

I've looked at some apprenticeships as that's how I got where I am with business admin (level 3) my work is paying me to get a level 4 advice and guidance IAG but it's pretty fucking useless

Sauce on that silverware?

Get your IT trifecta.(A+,Network+, Sec+) Material for studying is free and accessible to anyone basically and you just pay some money to take the exams. Pass the exams and you'll be drowning in money while you have a job where you literally basically plug in peoples computer monitors

10 years in manufacturing and I was over 20k within the first year. Now I'm at about 40k and have plenty of growth ahead of me.

door or security work, right company and driving licence will get you far. sia is like 500 quid with course and badge.... i make 25 to 30k a year in low income county easy, just gotta pump in the hrs plus chicks dig looking boss :) cities probs be on 30 35k

$180K/year, computer programmer.

started making money at it when i was 15.

no degree, just tons of experience.

Bus driving is pretty good money for what it is if you can already drive.

Asda or tesco. Cant remember but im inclined to say asda

Nice fantasy. Hope you enjoyed your tendies this evening. Don't forget to thank your mom.

Issue with this is either you're into it or you're not. Your coworkers/boss you won't tolerate non tech people in tech

I'm not even talking talent, just enthusiasm and willingness to learn

you dont get good without . Just dont be whiny about dirty work and youre good

reality, bub.

i'm a senior level java developer, and also do mobile dev. it's the high-paying stuff right now.

Im currently working on a sec+ cert. and going to school for computer administrations. Think I can get a job paying that much with just that?

Also have someone with legit experience willing to lie for me and say that I have experience on my resume

Yeah but take the time to understand how IT/sec interacts with business or they'll sniff you out real quick

T. Sscp

dude, ignore this advise if you like, but...

...don't have someone lie about your experience. in the tech world, lies get found out pretty quickly. you don't want that reputation, and you don't want that stress of being in over your head. it'll be stressful enough as it is.

Learn a trade.

If you don't want to learn a trade, have fun making 20k for the rest of your life. Unskilled workers are worthless as you have experienced.

Brick laying is a piece of piss to learn, hell they teach it in prison. plus it pays £120 per day.