Le run away man

>le run away man

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bQYeSXpC244
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The same casual plebs that say this also claim Ali is the GOAT but have never actually watched him fighting in his prime when he "ran away" from his opponents like Floyd did.

Casuals cannot into footwork

>Undefeated at 49-0 with 26 KO's
>Super Featherweight World Champion
>Lightweight World Champion
>Junior Welterweight World Champion
>Welterweight World Champion
>Junior Middleweight World Champion
>2 x RING Magazine Fighter of the Year
>Olympic Bronze Medallist
>106lb National Golden Gloves Champion
>114lb National Golden Gloves Champion
>125lb National Golden Gloves Champion
>Amateur Record of 84-4
>Defeated fellow Champions including Pacquiao, Marquez, Cotto, Canelo, De La Hoya, Corrales, Hatton, Mosley, Maidana (twice), Castillo (twice), Manfredy, Baldomir, Judah, Gatti, etc.
>Founder of Mayweather Promotions (with two promoted Champions, Badou Jack and Gervonta Davis)
>Net worth: $340 Million

There is no need to be upset.

le run away

its unfortunate that in order to enjoy boxing you have to know so much about it.
what i mean is, if you know nothing about tactics or footwork as you say, it all looks unbelievably boring.

I know it's not the same as watching a fight, but surely you can appreciate some of this user?

youtube.com/watch?v=bQYeSXpC244

>Be of above average skill
>Fight below average fighters
>Have them jump through hoops before you'll fight them
>Demand to know their entire regime before you'll fight them
>Have big money spinners fighting boxers nearl a decade passed their prime
>GOAT

He's not even top 20. Was his defence good? Of course. Was his footwork good? Of course. Did he ever show it against anyone worth a fuck? Of course not and that's exactly why boxing hasn't been relevant since 2001.

>billion dollar fight between Mayweather and McGregor

it's clear that nobody watched boxing so how the fuck do they generate so much cash? Is it all gambling and mob money?

le low blow man

Watching the Bowe fights makes me so frustrated. I wonder how good he could have been if he had any discipline and self control.

I think floyd was more of a clincher/hugger than a runner.

I guess it does help if you understand all the minor battles that happen in-between punches connecting, but boxing is really as simple as punch the other guy and don't get punched. I think the main problem is most people's eyes are too slow to pick up which punches actually land (unless it's completely obvious) and which are just setup jabs or misses. In that regard, most matches look like they're punching each other for 12 rounds and then one winner is chosen at random by the judges.

which is why so many people are nostalgic about Tyson because in Tyson fights the winner is Tyson and the loser is the guy with his face melted all over the ring

>Be of above average skill
Stop daytime drinking you clown. Calling Mayweather's skills 'above average' is just ludicrous. You realise how skillful you have to be to win National Golden Gloves 3 damn times and Medal at the Olympics right? That's all skills, fundamentals, and exaggerations on top of them.
>Fight below average fighters
Pacquiao, Marquez, Cotto, Canelo, De La Hoya, Corrales, Hatton, Mosley, Maidana (twice), Castillo (twice), Manfredy, Baldomir, Judah, Gatti.

These are 'below average' fighters to you?
>Have them jump through hoops before you'll fight them
At the latter end of the career, sure, he controlled the promotion. Before that, he did no such thing. And remember he came up from Super Featherweight. Mayweather fought guys significantly bigger than him all throughout the latter years of his career.
>Have big money spinners fighting boxers nearly a decade passed their prime
How comes Mayweather was never 'out of his prime'? How comes he was a dominant champion for nearly two decades with no excuses?

>ducking prime Pacquao
>ducking prime Rousey
>ducking GGG
>ducking prime McGregor

Old dudes who haven't figured out illegal streaming yet so actually buy PPV's

He didn't really run though, he stayed a fraction out of range and dictated the tempo with his jab and lead right

>I rate Mike Tyson

The greatest flat track bully of all time. Couldn't take away a jab for shit.

people prefer watching angry violent manlets than muh technical evaders and I include "huggy bear" Klitschkos in the latter category. Regardless of who is actually more skillful

>people prefer watching angry violent manlets than muh technical evaders
Then why did Mayweather break all PPV records? :^)

because of marketing and the fact that by now every third world shithole has Internet access

or maybe you don't remember all the moaning after the fight due to 90% of viewers being casuals who fell for the meme complaining about how boring it was

>because of marketing and the fact that by now every third world shithole has Internet access
1. PPV figures are US TV only (unless you're calling the US third world which is fair enough)
2. No, because Mayweather was clearly the best fighter on the planet, value of competition matters. You can find incredible fights at your local ballroom, doesn't mean people will pay more for the level of action.

It also doesn't help for casuals that biased commentators will be telling you one thing is happening whereas in reality the network's fighter isn't doing quite so well.

Could have been a dominant heavyweight if he wasn't insane