youtube.com/watch?v=dwEm-rU5sAE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ck7pBcFvtBs
youtube.com/watch?v=wjCs_V6mC1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the guys arent even especially hot wtf?

>sounds generic
>"why is it popular?"

gee i don't fucking know

I've heard nothing about this song, never heard it or anyone talk about it. But somehow it's the most viewed video on YouTube

Puerto Ricans are dumb drunks.

have more respect for Dominicans desu

DES

it's bots attempting to infiltrate the taste-making algorithms written by humans so as to make us susceptible to future covert hypnosis

PA

>why is it popular
because it's like every other generic top 40 song
go outside more
CITO

#Argentina #Cancer

The beat is nice doe

no it isnt

It clicked after 3-4 listenings for me. It's classic reggaeton. Not really worse than any Spotify top 50.

they aren´t argentinians you tard

>tfw living in reggaeton shithole

they are the cancer of our people (one of them)

>Why is this popular?

Because OP It sounds like every other generic top 40 song except its in Spanish

It's catchy

because spanish makes girls gineys tingle

because to them, spanish lyrics is enough of a curveball to seem groundbreaking

me neither, we're not spics

what country?
>tfw chilean
still best country in SA though

I don't get it either. Who's actually unironically replaying this shit. I thought it was just a meme at first but a meme song wouldnt get that popular

A lot of pop songs are uber generic these days. People seem to have very short attention spans too so you have to grab them with a very defined part of the chorus that is catchy and memorable. The verses, bridge and everything else can really be anything but it has to be that small part of the chorus that grabs the listener's ear. "Despacito" knocks that formula out of the park. Its chorus starts with a very sing-along moment:

DES

PA

CITO

and jumps right into the very short but repeated melody that seals it as memorable. Now, given that it is reggaeton, it has to be a dance song. Its simple Latin instrumentation and sequenced drum patterns give way to that. Also, in the modern social media world it is quite memeworthy. Not saying it's a good song, but it has everything a song of its caliber needs to sell well and its success proves that.

>except its in Spanish

That's exactly why. It's a novelty. Not to mention the shit load of Hispanics and Latino-Americans bumping this shit.

Equally shit people. Central/South America is nothing but trash

>california
delete this

Mexico

Why the fuck is Quebec on this

Can we turn this into a patrician Latin pop music thread?

youtu.be/eAviUKBHfbE

im from puerto rico
i think luis fonsi is an incredible artist, as is daddy yankee
but the song is just like any other song of the genre over here, we dont actually like it like americans do

>go outside more

Yes user, i'm sure spending more time outside would help people know what's popular on youtube.

it would. go to any convenient store and you'll hear it playing in the background

>Liking reggaeton

Kys my dude

not everyone lives in spicville

....i never said i did
daddy yankee has made very popular classics in the past that today's reggaeton cannot dream of comparing to
luis fonsi never was a reggaeton artist until this song, he just did ballads and such
but i cant speak for everyone, all my friends and their mothers like modern reggaeton and call racist anyone who doesn't, i cant say shit

underrated

>plebs listen to Spanish [music]
>patricians listen to Brazilian baroque-nova

youtube.com/watch?v=dwEm-rU5sAE

It's popular because latin america fucking loves it. It's honestly the most popular song of all time already there.

It's literally an experimental avant-garde masterpiece, the way the songwriter dislocated the beginning of the chorus to the beat, I mean that is WILD

It's a cross over hit. It has Justin Bieber for Americans to have someone to relate to, but is just exotic enough because of the Puerto Ricans

the song is fucking terribad

literally one of the worst top 40 hits of the past couple years

dumbass cringey spanish gimmick is the only reason anyone thinks they should enjoy it

Your post isn't funny nor smart and that one user calls you underrated. How I fucking hate this board.

it's actually both of those things and you're just mad for no reason

>able to read people's emotion
>over the internet
This time I'm mad for real at your stupidity

Suck my dick

Don't try to figure out normies senpai, Nothing they do makes sense.

Dat breakdown

the french are latins retard

I honestly don't know either. Reggaeton has to be the worst form of music that ever existed.

Because there are too many fucking brown people in America

>chode

>doesn't like this board
>Cares that deeply to say someone's joke is not funny

Ricans and domicans are in the Caribbean you uneducated hick

>How I fucking hate this board
With unpleasant jerks like you, its hard not to

>People like this song because it's in Spanish
I speak Spanish and the lyrics are fucking garbage. Why do Americans praise it so much?

bunch of dumb spics

move on

it's catchy mang. Not that hard to understand.

i hate it
it's stupid weird and forced

it's being played everywhere in the balkans

ovo dbi
kako mrzim jebene normije

>It's classic reggaeton
No it isn't

svako ko slusa debilito treba da se obesi

Apparently it's bigger than Gangnam Style, but I've never even heard it or seen it referenced much. Meanwhile you couldn't escape Gangnam Style, it was everywhere for a few months.

If you actually went outside you would hear it.

It's impossible to go to a club, house party or even a chill drink sesh with some girls without hearing this song at least twice.

Like Gangnam Style, some non native speaker found something catchy.

On Mexican dance clubs I found amárrame begins way more popular despacito.

i live in fucking estonia and even here it's everywhere i go 24/7

help

its 24/7 on every music channel and coffee bar here in Bulgaria

>Why is this popular?
Spanish songs are to normalfags what J-Pop are to weebs.

This nigga in the front got a literal 6head holy shit. It's not even a 5head it's more than that.

>with some girls
Nice fic.

Also, reggaeton was maybe one of the biggest mistakes in music's history.

it's better produced than that other reggaeton shit
it has a more modern, western sound to it

God save us

What kind of shit clubs are you going to mate

Cuz latinos are fucking monkeys... Including me

every generic catchy shit will become popular if you pay for it to be spammed everywhere

It's a fucking generic syncopated beat, 90% of pop songs use it now, like Shape of You and other bullcrap

same here, I've only seen it mentioned on the chan and I don't even know what it sounds like

Reminds me of the song were some kid gets grinded on by his sister then grinds on his mom and dog.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ck7pBcFvtBs

if you have heard any absurdly generic and overproduced pop song, you have heard this

here's some italian jew translating songs into spanish to make shekels in spain and mexico too
youtube.com/watch?v=wjCs_V6mC1s

Seems to me you answered your own question, OP

I think I really don't go out enough cause I hadn't heard it once until last night when I finally listened to it on YT since I read it's apparently bigger than Gangam Style.
To answer your question OP, I'm guessing marketing? Bots? If you tell people that THIS is the hit of 2017, they're bound to believe it eventually and look the song up.

Didn't do that normie crap in 2012 either, but I still got swamped by Gangnam shit.

I have never heard it on the radio or heard anyone play it. Or maybe never noticed because it's so generic.

Every ten or twenty years we need a new Spanish-language novelty song to satiate our fleeting curiosity about immigrant culture. Feliz Navidad, Oye Como Va, Macarena, etc.

it's just mediocre Reggaeton. I fucking hate puerto ricans for creating this shit genre of spanish music. it's worst than norteno mexican shit

Look at that fucking eighthead
Fucker doesn't have dreams, he has movies

I'm Puerto Rican and this song is fucking horrible. It's worst that Luis Fonsi actually knows its a bad song.

Reminder that Sup Forums loved Despacito before redditors came in and took a shit on it just because it's not muh eurocentrist dad rock.

emperor maximillian of mexico tried to retcon being french by claiming common kinship via the roman empire (hence the term "latin american")

1. Get a big booty bitch that preferably "speaks" spanish
2. Play Despacito
3. Enjoy

Or does Sup Forums only go for skinny white twigs that never wash their vaginas

If you think every top 40 song sounds the same then you are tone-deaf. It's certainly not innovative but it's not entirely the same as everything else.

DES

I'd never heard it and then I looked it up on youtube because I kept seeing it here but I can't remember what it sounds like

however you want to rationalize banging fat chicks, be my guest

What do you expect? If it's shit, it sells.

I have no idea what this is. Never heard of it. Guessing by the replies ITT it's a youtube viral hit, I don't really watch popular videos on youtube or listen to pop radio stations so i'm sorta clueless about what's the recent trendy songs.

Because their marketing team paid for dozens of sponsored facebook meme videos of "THIS IS THE BEST COVER OF DESPACITO YET -- crying laugh emoji x2"