Guitarfags weigh in

guitarfags weigh in.

Guitar Hero >>>>>> Rock Band

An old Gibson beats a Fender any day

If you''re looking for an all around good guitar, then Go for a fender, If you're looking for a Rock/Metal guitar, Then go with Gibson

Correct answer is it depends on what kind of music you're playing.

Why limit yourself to one?

Guitar Hero USED to be better than Rock Band. However, they got inflated egos and released Guitar Hero Live. Now its only Rock Band.

Guitar Hero >>>>>> Rock Band >>>>>> Rocksmith

Depends on the tone you are looking for really.
Has it right essentially, Fender has an all good clean tone but fail in dirty rock/metal tones. That is where Gibson is gets the edge. Although I do have a soft spot for Gibson Explorer guitars, all about tone in the end.

both camps have made good guitars in the past and have also churned out absolute shit. in recent years though i think fenders have been more consistent in terms of quality

Ibeanerz

Rock Band >>> Rocksmith >>> Gaytar Hero Live

eddie van halen used a strat and had a really nice dirty tone so I don't know

i think it's pretty obvious that the hello kitty fender squier is the most elite guitar ever made.

>2017

???

>squier
gtfo

>not getting the joke

kys

talent > brand

Fender for a good guitar Gibson Les Paul guitars are better but for the price fender>jackson

>Falling for obvious bait

If you play jazz Gibson.
If you play distorted leads with sustain and thick sound it's Gibson.
For clean or bright sounds nothing beats Fender.
Also Fender makes good amps.
And Fender artists recording and touring get free or 1/3 retail priced shit.
And Fender owns Grestch.

My #1 is a Tele. If I need a heavier sound I make sure the other guitarist is playing a Les Paul or an SG. But for me it's Fender all the way.

Agreed with this dude, altho you can get an amazing jazz sound with a Tele.

>you can get an amazing jazz sound with a Tele.
Totally true. But it always sounds more Western Swing than classic jazz. That neck pickup gets you Jimmy Bryant, not Wes or Kessel.

Gibson guitars in every way, except Gretch
Fender amps in every way, or an actually good amp

He also built that himself, I'm pretty sure we're talking stock

I have a Stratocaster and a Gibson SG, the strat is still my favorite. New Gibsons are shit quality, its kind of sad.

I think this thread reached it's conclusion a long time ago... Gibsons have a better tone for rock music hands down.

I swear by Jackson guitars though, I own three Jacksons, one Gibson, and two Deans.

anybody play a Duesenberg?

Gretsch?

Gibson semi hollow. Guild d series.

>New Gibsons are shit quality, its kind of sad.
A good new Gibson electric guitar has always cost about 1/5 of what a good new car costs. That hasn't changed. They just make cheap ones, too.

Fender for electric, gibson for accustic

My Epiphone sounds better than my Gibson. No joke.

Fender has went to shit over the last 20 years. Gibson still makes wonderful guitars but you have to pay 2000+ new to get one of them. I own a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Traditional with 57 classic pups and i fucking love it. I've owned many fenders and the only one ive ever had that was decent was a japanese made J Mascis signature Jazzmaster that I regret getting rid of. A good guitar is a good guitar, brand really has very little bearing anymore.

Why anyone would buy a Gibson when they can get a Heritage for 1/2 the price and double the quality is beyond me. Not to mention that Heritage guitars are made in the ORIGINAL Gibson factory by old school Gibson guys - rather than in the new Gibson factory in Memphis - where the guitar makers are niggers and meth heads (I took a tour).

I like Gretschs for heavy thick tone and blues, and I go to Jackson for fast mean sounds.

Blackmachine faggot

that thang sexy
94' mex

eric johnson who has the greatest tone uses a fender strat

david gilmour who has great tone uses a strat

eric claptop, jimi hendrix use(d) strats

basically gibson is for 14 year olds, fender is for tone gods

No